Sharing DLC

Discus and support Sharing DLC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 XB1 consoles in our house but only 1 Gold membership. We have set it up so that the main account plays on the console that isn't set as the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dona3853, Aug 29, 2019.

1. dona3853
    dona3853 Guest

Sharing DLC

I have 2 XB1 consoles in our house but only 1 Gold membership. We have set it up so that the main account plays on the console that isn't set as the home console thereby being able to share the XBL features. My kids both love playing Forza Horizon 4 so
    we have 2 copies (discs) so that they can play at the same time. My question is, if I bought the Fortune Island DLC with my main account (the one with Gold membership) could the other account/ console get access to the DLC?

:)

dona3853, Aug 29, 2019
  2. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

I didn't receive the deluxe edition of Battlefront ii

The DLC is account based, so only the account that bought it has the licence. Although DLC should be game shared in most if not all cases, so if your sharing it should be. Are you referring to game sharing?
  3. Castellus Zemi Win User

Restoring DLCs from old Xbox One

Are you playing on the account that purchased the DLC, or are you playing on a new account that is game sharing with the account that purchased the DlC? If you are Game sharing with your dads account or the account that bought the DlC. Then you wont be able
    to use any of the DLC. Game sharing/ Homing only allows you to play another persons games. It will not allow you to play the DLC. If you are playing on the same account that previously purchased the DLC. You should be able to go to Fallout 4 in the store and
    re download the DLC with out paying for it.
  4. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Family of 4 with 2 XBOX's

If the base game is all working through game sharing, then unfortunately the publisher has made the DLC specific only to the purchaser of the DLC.

Some Publishers are not allowing some DLC to be shared, and they need to be purchased individually.

Sorry for the bad news.
  5. Temhotabot Win User

sharing DLC

There is sort of a way. You could move the DLC to a USB flash drive and simply just remove it when you are not playing. Of course that would also suggest that the people whom use your console are not smart enough to just download
    it again via your account. So you should also keep your profile on a USB flash drive as well or set a pass code on it to prevent unauthorized access.

Without access to your account they would not be able to re-download the content, unless they purchase it with their account.
  6. TGW VENGEANCE Win User

DLC sharing

hi WoolenRaccoon56 there are many things which may be the cause of this,

First thing I want you to do is to ensure that your cousins account is set to your Xbox as home.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If that doesn't work ask your cousin if he has bought it as a disk version or actually downloaded it as a add on

Finally if that Does not work have you tried playing a rise of iron game mode to see if it allows you to play it as it may not come up as a dlc
Thema:

Sharing DLC

1. Sharing DLC - Similar Threads - Sharing DLC

2. DLC on Shared Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC on Shared Games: Okay, so I am playing a game that this account owns using another account. If I were to buy a DLC for that game using my other account, would I be able to use the DLC? On Steam, you can't buy DLC...
  3. Minecraft Better Together Shared DLC Support Broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Better Together Shared DLC Support Broken: Contrary to Microsoft policy, Minecraft (Better Together Update) DLC purchased by the main account holder does not appear to be accessible by other users of the same console. There is a bug...
  4. Game sharing and dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing and dlc: I'm going to make this as simple as i can. A good friend of mine that lives in Florida is trying to access my dlc for fallout 4. Only problem is he can download the game but cant download the dlc...
  5. Forza 7 DLC family sharing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 7 DLC family sharing.: So our family has separate xbox accounts for me vs our two kids. Mostly so they won't sell off my cars in racing games. I figured the vip and car pack purchases for forza 7 would carry over for...
  6. DLC sharing between accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC sharing between accounts: On my main account i have all the DLC for game but when I then go onto my seconds account I have some of the DLC but not all of it> e33da243-1085-4f17-92e0-d253155ae822
  7. DLC (skins, textures) no longer shared on home console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC (skins, textures) no longer shared on home console: Got a couple of kids. Each has XBL account. We have MC XB1 Edition, and bought several skin, texture and mashup packs. Obviously it made sense to buy them on my account, allowing the kids to...
  8. License Transfer Problems + Shared DLC

in XBoX on Consoles
    License Transfer Problems + Shared DLC: I got a new Xbox 360 recently, and my brother's account is on the hard drive for the old one. He has Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire for Skyrim, and I had them too because it was shared over...
  9. Sharing dlc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing dlc: my son and I are connected with family share and recently purchased Call of Duty WW2 on disc. We are able to share content on both consoles. As of right now we share the disc over both consoles....
  10. DLC sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLC sharing: So me and my buddy are gamesharing (he's got my profile on his Xbox as well as his, and I have his profile along with my own) and when we gameshare, one person usually has to buy the game for both...