Sharing games with family on two consoles in same house

Discus and support Sharing games with family on two consoles in same house in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, We recently got a 2nd xbox console a couple months ago. My kids, partner and me all have profiles on the xbox and are family members. I am the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PurpleNickel, Nov 14, 2021.

1. PurpleNickel
    PurpleNickel Guest

Hi,

We recently got a 2nd xbox console a couple months ago. My kids, partner and me all have profiles on the xbox and are family members.

I am the ultimate pass holder.

Can we share the games we have downloaded between the two consoles and both kids play the same game on different consoles at the same time?

I have watched so many YouTube videos. My understanding was that if I made the new xbox my home xbox and the original one the kids home xbox this would work. But it doesn't.

Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Do we need another subscription?

Thanks.

:)

PurpleNickel, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

You can only share on your Home console and you can only have 1 console set as your Home at a time. So if everyone is going to be switching between both consoles, it would be best to have a second subscription. Otherwise, you'd want to set the most used console as your Home so everyone else can use that one. You can still sign in and use everything on any console because it's tied to your account.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Game Share

Game sharing is meant for console's within the same house or family. Not for friends or other people.
  4. Nixelplex Win User

3 xbox consoles

The Family Game share feature is only available for 2 consoles. There isn't a way to share on 3 consoles at a time.

I have the same issue at my house. If the Kids want to play on two of the consoles I'm not able to log into the third with my profile, because in order for the Kid that is on the Non-home console they have to have me logged in on it.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Two consoles, same house, sharing issue.

With physical copies you would need two copies of the game. You have to have the disc in the drive in order to verify that you own the game, so it would not be possible to have the game running on two consoles with 1 disc.
  6. Splutters Win User

Two consoles, same house, sharing issue.

Well that sucks. I get the whole if they let you play without the disc you could just install it and sell it while continuing to play it. There should be a feature where it can sense that someone is using a physical copy, otherwise it's pointless buying
    physical copies.
Thema:

1. Sharing games with family on two consoles in same house - Similar Threads - Sharing games family

2. Sharing Games wioth Family (Xbox Pass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Games wioth Family (Xbox Pass PC): Hi, I'm trying to share my games library with my son. We are both using Win 10 PCs on the same network. I'm usiung Xbox GameP **** for PC (the £6.99 per month version) I've added my son to the...
  3. Game sharing between family members

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game sharing between family members: I bought Jurassic world Evolution 2 with my account but is a present for my son and I don't want him to play while my account Is logged and also I' m not going to play with it. I added him like a...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing wont work on PC. It works on multiple Xbox's, but wont work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing wont work on PC. It works on multiple Xbox's, but wont work...: Hi, I have a Xbox Series X, with Game Pass Ultimate. I have Family Sharing, with three members --> 1 adult and 2 children I have another Xbox One, and all members can use Game Pass, on either...
  5. Minecraft Family Sharing Through Xbox Game Pass For PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Family Sharing Through Xbox Game Pass For PC: Minecraft just came out for free in the Xbox Game Pass and i was wondering if i could share the game with my girlfriend and play at the same time. Is it possible?...
  6. How do I share Game Pass Ultimate streaming feature to other family accounts?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I share Game Pass Ultimate streaming feature to other family accounts?: Okay, so I have a family member who bought Game Pass Ultimate, and they were able to setup family sharing on the console. However, there is some issues when trying to play cloud gaming on the Xbox...
  7. Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing: Can you share game pass on pc with family members using different Microsoft accounts on different PCs? I found this article on it using "Microsoft Family," but the comments make it seem like it's...
  8. Halo Master Chief Collection: Family Game Pass Sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection: Family Game Pass Sharing: So, on a family account that owns Game Pass, I installed the Master Chief Collection and all of the games that are inside of the collection. On that account, I can easily play all of the installed...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Console, sharing with family for cloud playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for Console, sharing with family for cloud playing: Hello to all, I have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Account and I'm able to share it with my family on our XBOX One console. I'd like to know if a member of my family can use this subscription in...
  10. Game Sharing with a Family Member

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Sharing with a Family Member: How do I game share with a family member? 103bd345-380c-49f7-b6c5-886b0d5bff46