Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.

Discus and support Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this. I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One. LIVE... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by V3ntilator, Mar 22, 2019.

1. V3ntilator
    V3ntilator Guest

I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this.

I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One.

LIVE and Game sharing doesen't work at all.

Both consoles is on wired LAN on same Switch in same house, but in 2 different rooms.

What i have done which didn't work.

- I added both accounts to both Xbox One consoles.

- My New Xbox One X console is the main console with main account on login. My wife's account is added as family member.

- Both accounts is also in family setting on old Xbox One.

- I set Xbox One X as Home Console.

Everything should be done then, but install list is empty on my wife's account and LIVE is disabled.

I permanently pay for LIVE, Game Pass and EA Access. None of these 3 subs is active on my Wife's account.

Have i done something wrong?

:)

V3ntilator, Mar 22, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there V3ntilator!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

I do this so I can play games with my kids.

Your account has the games and gold. You have your console.

She does not own games or Gold. She has her console.

You set your Home console on hers. With that setting alone she can use Gold and play all the games you own WITHOUT you having to be signed in.

You can then sign in on your console (not your HOME console) and use Gold and play all the games you own, since you're signed in.

If this is how you have it set up, and this is not working properly, is she getting an error message when she tries to play online or play games you own?
  4. V3ntilator Win User

Hello.

Thank you very much both of you for quick reply.

It's all working now, but it didn't work the first time as i missed one important thing from the help here.

I had to sign in with main account on old console, and THEN set it as Home console, then sign in again with second account

First time after your response i did set it as home console with second account which is wrong, so i read your help again and found out the second thing i did wrong.

Everything is 100% now.

Thank you very much again, and have a nice day.
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello V3ntilator,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the lack of games within the installation list in the games section on your wife's Xbox One console.

This would be because her console would need to be the one that you set as the
    home console with your Microsoft account.

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
  6. Smwutches Win User

You would need to set her console as your Home in order to share your gold/games with her. As far as I know, EA Access and Game Pass do not share, but the games you download from them will. So you would have to download them from your account first.
Thema:

1. Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account. - Similar Threads - Sharing LIVE Game

2. Game clip sharing to Live no longer auto sharing?

in XboX Insiders
    Game clip sharing to Live no longer auto sharing?: I have reported this, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. My console updated last Saturday and since then none of my game clips (home + x) are uploading to my profile or...
  3. Family shared games and live membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family shared games and live membership: I remember xbox 360 had a family membership. I have my xbox and my two teenagers have an xbox as well. I would gladly pay for a family membership where I can share games, share live, and manage...
  4. Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works: Hello, For Christmas my partner purchased me an Xbox One so that I could finally play No Man's Sky. I also got six months of Game Pass Ultimate. My partner also made a Gamertag with her...
  5. Xbox live game sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live game sharing: My brother just got a new xbox for christmas and I wanted to let him play my games and have access to the xbox live that I pay for. I added my account which has the xbox live on it and signed into...
  6. Xbox Live Gold & Game Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold & Game Sharing: I'm confused which XBOX's to set as Home Xbox. Under my profile, on my XBOX, I have it set as the Home Xbox. I have the games installed and the Live Gold Subscription. I want to share my Xbox...
  7. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox: So my Xbox is designated as my home Xbox and I have the game pass ultimate and live on my account but no other account on the xbox can access the game pass. I thought you could share it with...
  8. Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...: I have two xbox's in one house, mine and my 11yr old sons. We share my xbox live account, I have my main profile on my console in the living room with the gold sub along with EA access. I have...
  9. “Game sharing” Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Game sharing” Xbox live: For a long time I have been game sharing with my friend. I am able to download the games he buys and play them as well. I have also been able to get xbox live from his account being set to my home...
  10. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??: So i have an Xbox One X and just my account on this system which i have Game Pass Ultimate (Game Pass + Xbox Live). My brother has just been given an Xbox One S, now i know im able to share games...