Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...

Discus and support Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two xbox's in one house, mine and my 11yr old sons. We share my xbox live account, I have my main profile on my console in the living room with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by L33YDS, Oct 8, 2019.

1. L33YDS
    L33YDS Guest

I have two xbox's in one house, mine and my 11yr old sons. We share my xbox live account, I have my main profile on my console in the living room with the gold sub along with EA access. I have just added game pass game pass to my account as my lad wanted
    a couple of games that were on there, this seemed like a better option than buying the games separately expecting we will both have access to said games and a whole bunch of others. My lad has his own gamertag linked to my gold account on his console in his
    bedroom allowing him to play online. I'm almost certain he can play most of the games the games installed on my console. However he cannot play the games I've just downloaded on my console from game pass. What do I need to do to allow him access to the games?
    I've read a few threads on here but it's all so confusing???

I believe his console is currently set as the home console as that is what the process required to share the live gold capability...

Thanks in advance

:)

L33YDS, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Gideon1MP Win User

Hi,

Just to add to this thread.

Is it also possible for both consoles to be played at the same time in different rooms using the same digital download and using the same Xbox live gold account please?

& if so, then can someone tell me how to do this please.

Thanks.
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

4. NLH1 Win User

5. PE0014 Win User

You will need to sign your Gamertag into his console and download the game. Once you sign out, and he signs back in, he should be able to play it. Because you own the subscription, you have to be the person to download it.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Gideon,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, there is no way to use an Xbox account on 2 Xbox consoles simultaneously. You would have to be on different accounts.

Since the OP has been answered already, we will be locking this thread. If you have any other questions, or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
Thema:

1. Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles... - Similar Threads - Sharing live games

2. “Game sharing” Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Game sharing” Xbox live: For a long time I have been game sharing with my friend. I am able to download the games he buys and play them as well. I have also been able to get xbox live from his account being set to my home...
  3. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??: So i have an Xbox One X and just my account on this system which i have Game Pass Ultimate (Game Pass + Xbox Live). My brother has just been given an Xbox One S, now i know im able to share games...
  4. Xbox live Gold sharing, can play online but cannot play Games with Gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live Gold sharing, can play online but cannot play Games with Gold games: Hello there, A friend and I were sharing the xbox live gold but when my turn was over and when he paid for the service, I can't play with my GwG games anymore. The system tells me that it seems...
  5. Can share games but live gold with 2 consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can share games but live gold with 2 consoles: Previously my son and I were both on my xbox one, my account is the live gold subscription and I added him as family. He made his own gamertag account and was able to play the games I downloaded...
  6. Share live and game pass on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share live and game pass on Xbox one.: My son has 2 xbox ones, one at mine and one at mums. the one at mine has my account and his account which are linked through Microsoft family. I dont play it so my account does not need to be on...
  7. Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.: I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this. I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One. LIVE and Game sharing doesen't work at all. Both...
  8. Sharing games and xbox gold live/gamer tag between two devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing games and xbox gold live/gamer tag between two devices: My son currently has an xbox one at our house and an Xbox Gold Live account. He wants to get another xbox one at his father’s house but be able to log in using the same gamer tag and xbox gold...
  9. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass: Hello everyone, A friend and I share a lot of games together and it can get expensive for us to both pay xbox live, games pass, and purchasing two copies of each game. So we have come up with a...
  10. Sharing XBOX Live Gold and Game Pass Membership with accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing XBOX Live Gold and Game Pass Membership with accounts: Hi Community, I recently got an XBOX One X as a birthday gift and bought a year of XBOX Live Gold. There are three different accounts registered on my XBOX, and they all have the lowest security...