Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop I have received an old xbox 360 as a gift to my kids for Christmas and am trying every which way to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ShadowCreative, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop

It should work.

There're two options:

- Internet sharing

- Bridge connection

Before you proceed with
    this guide
    be sure to reset your Xbox network settings.

Have you connected your Xbox 360 directly to your router, so that you know for a fact that it can, properly, obtain an IP from the DHCP server ?

:)

ShadowCreative, Jan 3, 2020
  2. PSYCHEDELIC IMP Win User

that adapter is for better connection with wifi but dont need when i had one i did not use that i personlly wouldn't spend money on it as they are trying to get people to upgrade by not releasing that much to it i would trade it in towards the xbox one
    it gets some money off at gamestops
  3. taidara Win User

I have received an old xbox 360 as a gift to my kids for Christmas and am trying every which way to connect it to internet having lost the use of the Pelican adapter (it came with) which is no longer supported.

I don't want to buy a brand new adapter as this 360 is old technology that may not even be supported anymore should I waste the money to try, and because it should be able to get wifi through the laptop I connected it to via Ethernet cord.

Every article I have read says this should be no problem to do once you have turned on the laptop's wifi connection sharing, yet I am still unable. The Xbox gives the same complaint of being unable to find an IP address or that my modem is not permitting
    access to the IP.

At this point I am unsure if maybe its a windows 10 problem (as the 360 was made during Vista timeline), and perhaps its a version compatibility issue or it its my modem settings...

I contacted my internet provider (Shaw) who did not want to help me saying this was a Windows issue tho I disagreed. My laptop sharing settings are all enabled and working.

Is there a way to have the 360 share the laptops wifi? Or am I crazy lol. Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks! Happy New Year.
    It should work.

There're two options:

- Internet sharing

- Bridge connection

Before you proceed with
    this guide
    be sure to reset your Xbox network settings.

Have you connected your Xbox 360 directly to your router, so that you know for a fact that it can, properly, obtain an IP from the DHCP server ?
  4. jacevedom Win User

Xbox 360 SmartGlass not working

Same issue as the rest of you. I am trying to connect using Windows 10 laptop (version 1709 and connected ehternet) and Windows 10 Surface (versión 1709 and connected wifi). My Xbox 360 is connected to the internet via Ethernet. The 360 Smartglass
    app will bring up my profile but will not connect to my Xbox 360 (console settings allows for Smartglass connectivity)
  5. DEE_289 Win User

Wifi Direct

Please tell me how to enable wifi direct settings in windows 10 laptop

Regards,

Dee
  6. baltyofgod Win User

Downloading any games issue

I did so when I had the 360 no WiFi, and with the Ethernet cable I did not arrive, I used the laptop PC and I used the laptop as a WiFi connection sharing the network.. If not go buy the cable directly.
Thema:

1. Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Sharing Wifi 360

2. Game-sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game-sharing: Today, i set up game share with a friend. I logged out of his account and logged back into mine so i could install a game. When i tried to install any game it said that had to connect to xbox...
  3. Udostępnianie game pass[Translation-Game pass sharing]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Udostępnianie game pass[Translation-Game pass sharing]: Cześć Czy jeśli mam w rodzinie Microsoft 4 osoby łącznie ze mną, ale mieszkamy na innych ulicach, mogę im udostępniać game pass bez obawy o bana? Chodzi o 3 pc i 1 konsole. Pozdrawiam...
  4. Game shares games aren’t working anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game shares games aren’t working anymore: When i tried to play a game that has been gameshared to me it brought up an error 0x82D40003 . But i checked my other account and it still has this xbox as the home xbox the game worked a day ago...
  5. Game share didn't give me rainbow six siege

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game share didn't give me rainbow six siege: Me and my brother are game sharing and I hot all his and he got mine but I didn't get one game and that's rainbow six siege and I don't know what to do please help me...
  6. Family sharing, games question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family sharing, games question.: I have tried to look through previously asked questions but did not see the answer. I currently have 2 xboxs in the house. Game sharing is up and running, now I want to add another for my...
  7. Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works: Hello, For Christmas my partner purchased me an Xbox One so that I could finally play No Man's Sky. I also got six months of Game Pass Ultimate. My partner also made a Gamertag with her...
  8. Xbox One doesn't connect to DHCP Server on shared Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't connect to DHCP Server on shared Wifi connection: I have a Wifi connection with my laptop that I share with my Xbox One using an ethernet cable. Now my Xbox One shows me the error: "Can't Connect to your DHCP Server". How do I fix this?...
  9. Xbox One doesn't connect to DHCP Server on shared Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't connect to DHCP Server on shared Wifi connection: I have a Wifi connection with my laptop that I share with my Xbox One using an ethernet cable. Now my Xbox One shows me the error: "Can't Connect to your DHCP Server". How do I fix this?...
  10. Connecting XB1 to shared laptop wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting XB1 to shared laptop wifi: Hi all, Im using a program called My Wifi Hotspot to share the internet from my laptop, but my XB1 does not seem to see the wireless connection. I am able to connect to the wifi hotspot through...