Shenmue: A 5 episodic game theory

Discus and support Shenmue: A 5 episodic game theory in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello speaking For those who are fans of Shenmue (game from the Dreamcast as well the second one on the original Xbox and the both version released on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cloud Gear 13, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Shenmue: A 5 episodic game theory

Hello speaking

For those who are fans of Shenmue (game from the Dreamcast as well the second one on the original Xbox and the both version released on Xbox one) I got interesting theory that Shenmue will or at least I think a 5 episodic game (including the 1 and 2).

I think of this because the a lot of reference on the number 5 in both games; for example on Shenmue 1 in the harbor when doing the forklift scenario I saw the Ryo was writing a forklift with the number on it like for example on the screenshot is obvious:

Shenmue: A 5 episodic game theory [​IMG]

and each day pass ingame Ryo uses on the same forklift with that same number without changing the number

Meanwhile on the second game early gameplay when entering the hotel you have room with the number "203"

here a screenshoot:

Shenmue: A 5 episodic game theory [​IMG]

and when you do the math 2+0+3 = 5; is very closed and easy to miss detail that most people even miss.

Also according to the recent news (even though the game might not make it here on the console) Shenmue 3 will completed 40% of the story and if count 4 will let just say about 60 - 70 % of the game with 5th entry completing the rest.

Here's a article that might confirm of what will happen if my theory is true an interview with Yu Suzuki regarding length of story:

https://www.polygon.com/2015/6/20/8818097/shenmue-3-story-11-chapters-kickstarter-yu-suzuki

I think that is interesting the creator of the game left with this interesting clue and is with numbers that's the important detail and let hope that the story will be completed without any problems in the future.

I hope that Shenmue 3 will one day be on Xbox One, and be able to continue this amazing story and be able to finish it if the sequels go on the next (Scarlett obvious). So let's do a petition to Deep Silver to make that happen.

Good Luck and see you next time.

:)

Cloud Gear 13, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

I Play this game in Dreamcast and later in Xbox, is a great game
  3. banky71 Win User

Im a huge fan of the games and its an interesting theory. I say the more games in the franchise the better for me!
  4. GroundOregano94 Win User

Great conclusion! Thumbs up!
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

I used to be a huge fan of these games, but the new one doesn't look good from what I've seen. I thought it was originally supposed to be 8 games?
  6. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Rylake the problem is not the companies themselves, remember that this game came when the Dreamcast was on full throttle and the creator Yu Suzuki had full control on the story's direction if he wanted to finish Shenmue with 3 games he could made public
    a long time ago and the real deal that this game was put on d.h for almost 20 years since 2nd game I think he wants to finish the story regarless of current or next gen of console. For me, no game developer has to much ambition to complete set of games that
    players want keep interested in and that very commendable on his part however only if he finished story of the last 2 games (not including the 3rd game that is coming to November) that depends, he said himself, that if the 3rd is successful he will continue
    with 4th and even the 5th entry only time and money obvious will tell.
Thema:

1. Shenmue: A 5 episodic game theory - Similar Threads - Shenmue episodic game

2. Shenmue 1 & 2 Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Shenmue 1 & 2 Game Pass PC: I am having trouble with Shemnue to work on PC game pass, when i try to lauch the game through the launcher it does not load it just take me make to the screen where i have to choose if i want to...
  3. 2Wire: Fight night champion and shenmue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Fight night champion and shenmue: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Fight night champion and shenmue will these ever be backwards compatible 586c7c27-f962-4742-a179-d2c3596aabbb
  4. Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Sony more and more players leave the Xbox platform. Xbox Team makes ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Sony more and more players leave the Xbox platform. Xbox Team makes ...: What is wrong with the Xbox team? Shenmue 3 is a great example to dispense with the Xbox. And now overtaken Sony Shenmue III? The last parts were on Dreamcast or Xbox 1 and now I have to...
  5. Shenmue 3 creator teases Xbox One plans.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shenmue 3 creator teases Xbox One plans.: Hopefully it's not wishful thinking. I would love this game especially since I do not own a PS4 yet. Maybe by the time this game is out I will own one, but this is still good news none the less....
  6. YU SUZIKI TALKS SHENMUE 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    YU SUZIKI TALKS SHENMUE 3: After announcing the production of Shenmue 3 at this year’s E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), the biggest gaming event in the world held in Los Angeles in June, producer Yu Suzuki has...
  7. Microsoft should publish Shenmue III.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should publish Shenmue III.: What Shenmue did right was immerse you in a world, making you forget you were sitting on a couch. You felt like you had actually visited Japan, and Hong Kong. Think of Shenmue as the original...
  8. Shenmue 3? Is it PS4 only same with FF7?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shenmue 3? Is it PS4 only same with FF7?: Much better way to put forward your argument OP :) 87f74eee-2ba6-4ada-9bbd-35d33a1b94d9
  9. No Street Fighter 5. No Final Fantasy 7. No Shenmue 3!

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Street Fighter 5. No Final Fantasy 7. No Shenmue 3!: What's the point of owning an xbox one? For Gears of War, Halo and 360 backwards compatability? Seriously? What the hell are you guys at Microsoft doing? Why didn't you secure Shenmue when you...
  10. Shenmue 3 for Ps4 and PC kickstarting is Done .... Thanks xbox idi..s team

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shenmue 3 for Ps4 and PC kickstarting is Done .... Thanks xbox idi..s team: What is wrong with the Xbox team? Shenmue 3 is a great example to dispense with the Xbox. And now overtaken Sony Shenmue III? The last parts were on Dreamcast or Xbox 1 and now I have to...