Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let...

Discus and support Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I did some research for my wife as she wanted to get the new Sherlock Holmes game. I checked online here:-... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrDTerry, Nov 26, 2021.

1. MrDTerry
    MrDTerry Guest

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let...

Hello,

I did some research for my wife as she wanted to get the new Sherlock Holmes game. I checked online here:- https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/sherlock-holmes-chapter-one-pre-order/9NFC98L04S59/0010 and was shown that the game was playable on Xbox One.

She went ahead and made the purchase and now the game will not install and says that its only playable on the latest Xbox consoles.

Are we doing something wrong? or is the website wrong?

Thankyou

:)

MrDTerry, Nov 26, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let me install the game

According to the website, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One is only playable on the Xbox Series X|S consoles. You were looking at the bundle which gives you all the games for one price, so it shows that they will play on the Xbox One & the Series X|S because the older games do work on the Xbox One.

You should have looked at this link instead which shows it's only available on the Xbox Series X|S https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/sherlock-holmes-chapter-one/9P7WX4XL1PWT/0010
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let me install the game

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey MrDTerry, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Both links you sent me, that bundle is unavailable for purchase.

Also, if she bought it here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/sherlock...

This content, is indeed only for Series consoles.

[​IMG]
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder

According to the page for "Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Deluxe Edition Pre-order":

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/st...ter-One-Deluxe-Edition-Pre-order/9NX9KNX36D7H

That game is listed as for both the Xbox One and the Series X/S. Basically, you order it and then the system employs what is called "Smart Delivery" to determine which console you have and download that version accordingly. So you would play the XBox One version on your current console and then, as mentioned by the IA, if you bought a Series X or S and installed the game, it would install the "Optimised for Series X/S" version on that console
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey ChrisMag02, how are you today? Hope you're doing well.

ChrisMag02, a content can be for both models of console, yes. That what we call cross-gen bundle. :)

No worries, if you purchase the version for both console, you will be able to play it on your current console, and in the future, if you decide to move on to the next gen, you could install that game on your Series console and take advantage of the Series optimized version as well.
  6. Vandel Buster Win User

Games with Gold.. again.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (Xbox One) is available March 1-31.

Lords of the Fallen (Xbox One) will be available March 16-April 15.

Supreme Commander 2 (Xbox 360/Backwards Compatible) is available March 1-15.

Borderlands (Xbox 360/Backwards Compatible) will be available March 16-31.
Thema:

1. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let... - Similar Threads - Sherlock Holmes Chapter

2. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder: i just purchased the preorder for Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Deluxe Edition, which is made for the Xbox one an the Xbox Series S/X. I REALLY don't want to waste $60 on the game if the preorder is...
  3. sherlock holmes jack the ripper for xbox one ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sherlock holmes jack the ripper for xbox one ?: add more games i like sherlock holmes jack the ripper 0d221d7a-8093-4d0a-81ed-930db69fc33a
  4. Problema com o jogo Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter do Games with Gold [Edit -...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema com o jogo Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter do Games with Gold [Edit -...: Resgatei esse jogo em novembro do ano passado no games with gold e agora não consigo mais joga-lo, quando tento entrar nele aparece uma mensagem dizendo que tenho que renovar minha assinatura,...
  5. Crime and Punishment Sherlock Holmes won't update or install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crime and Punishment Sherlock Holmes won't update or install: Trying to install Crime and Punishment, but it keeps getting stuck on the download update. Have power cycled the console, and other games have installed and updated fine. Is there a problem with...
  6. testament of Sherlock holmes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    testament of Sherlock holmes: Hi I have a little problem with an achievements: I would like to obtain the top hat of Holmes,but I don't know how. The description is too generical How have you done? Thanks...
  7. The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes...: So "Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter" is knocking about the "New Releases" section of the store... But not in any shops. Listed as the "Pre-Order Edition" it also states it was released 6...
  8. Sherlock holmes wont start it keep loading but i cant play? I am trying to uninstall it same ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sherlock holmes wont start it keep loading but i cant play? I am trying to uninstall it same ...: Why cant i uninstall my game from Xbox one one of the game Sherlock holmes was working before Hack began then when xbox and psn where down i cant play this game at all keep loading the no Start...
  9. Sherlock Holmes crimes and punishments

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sherlock Holmes crimes and punishments: Due to release this friday October 3rd, the last two games released on 360 were very good, testament & vs jack the ripper, the reviews coming in seem very positive Sherlock Holmes: Crimes &...
  10. Sherlock holmes crimes and punishments

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sherlock holmes crimes and punishments: This is getting totally overlooked, despite being released tomorrow, seems to be in forza and mordors shadow I played the other Sherlock games on the 360 and while they were very dodgy in places...