Shift and trigger, can it work without it turning on/off?

Discus and support Shift and trigger, can it work without it turning on/off? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have one arm that is paralyzed and am trying to see if the shift key can switch triggers on the elite2 for the xbox1 (that way only 1 trigger is used... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AlBear2, Apr 29, 2020.

1. AlBear2
    AlBear2 Guest

I have one arm that is paralyzed and am trying to see if the shift key can switch triggers on the elite2 for the xbox1 (that way only 1 trigger is used during game play, but when shift button is pushed it maps to the other trigger) the problem is that
    the shift key turns the trigger into an on/off type button. is there a way to still use the shift key and also be dynamic with the button?

:)

AlBear2, Apr 29, 2020
  2. BootstrapGolem Win User

Console to Computer

i'm confused about his problem, you can use the digital keyboard without triggers or d-pad...though doing anything else without triggers would be a tad difficult i think...and if he's breaking all his controllers, i would say he has bigger concerns than
    turning off parental settings.
  3. PCunrecognized Win User

using the clutch peddle

with the stick shift.

Can you ever shift to neutral?

will the game let you downshift without cycling down the gears?

it does not seem like using a real manual transmission, it's more like a auto-shift where you go + for up and - for down.

auto-shift aka Semi-automatic transmission vs a true Manual Stick or Column Shift.
  4. DarkHalf5 Win User

Xbox Controls of Wolf3D and DooM 1-2 ???

you use the thumbsticks to move. one of them strafed. holding one of the triggers was like using shift. x was the spacebar. and right trigger was control! it was great replayin these classics. and doom 2 on xbla adds a new campaign by the game developers!
  5. Faroutdude Win User

Halo 5 Plasma pistol and Xbox elite controller issue.

Because you need to change the trigger sensitivity so the trigger acts as a full pull at 50% , it isn't an issue it is working as intended you need to change the setting or turn off your hair trigger
  6. withinmyself Win User

how do you drive this crazy thing

I would suggest turning off break assist and just learn the track. Successful navigating corners is a great way to pass cars. When break assist is on it limits how fast you can come out of a corner. Also...and this may be too soon for you, but using manual
    shift is a great way to accelerate quickly out of corners or if you spin out. Try without using clutch, look at the controller configuration to see which buttons shift. I use config 4. Drop down to 3rd gear when taking corners and you'll have more acceleration
    coming out. It's also loads of fun to shift but if that's too much definetly turn break assist off and learn the tracks.
Thema:

1. Shift and trigger, can it work without it turning on/off? - Similar Threads - Shift trigger without

2. Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App: I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I can't find the setting to disable it....
  3. Jammed keys and controllers not able to shift selection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jammed keys and controllers not able to shift selection: I am not able to select menu using the controller as the selection keeps moving to right . I have tried changing the controller but problem persists . It seems there is some virus as similar...
  4. SOMBRAS DE GUERRA NO PUEDO INICIAR[Translation-WAR SHIFT I CAN'T START]

in XBoX on Windows
    SOMBRAS DE GUERRA NO PUEDO INICIAR[Translation-WAR SHIFT I CAN'T START]: Intengo abrir el juego del gamepass de xbox para Pc, y me salta un cartel que dice lo siguiente "Visita la Tienda Windows para obtener más información sobre La Tierra Media™: Sombras de Guerra™."...
  5. Will Microsoft shift your XBOX games to Windows if the title is available for PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft shift your XBOX games to Windows if the title is available for PC?: So I had an Xbox and an Xbox 1 for many years and bought many games for it. I no longer have an Xbox but would love to be able to play Anthem on PC. I purchased Anthem for Xbox when it came out....
  6. Elite Series 2 Shift Function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Shift Function.: Maybe I don't quite understand it, but what exactly is the purpose of the shift function. I see that you can hit the shift button and change your X into Y. Wasn't that already a thing with the old...
  7. shift code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    shift code: Are there shift codes for Xbox 360 version of Borderlands 1 GOTY edition? Various info on web seem to indicate this exists but I couldn't find a place to enter them. Someone with greater knowledge...
  8. Game pass - late shift game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass - late shift game: The game Late Shift has only recently become availible in my region. It shows as being availible with gamepass both from the console and the app. However when trying to add it to download queue,...
  9. Late Shift game not launching via GamePass (from Australian Store)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Late Shift game not launching via GamePass (from Australian Store): Help needed from Australian GamePass subscribers regarding Late Shift game. My issue is that while it’s been available on GamePass for a while, it has only recently launched in Australia (because...
  10. Xbox Stick shift problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stick shift problem: So, I got this Xbox about 2 years ago. It worked perfectly at the start then just 10 months ago my controller wouldn't be touched and my character would be moving by itself. So, I bought a new...