Shift on elite controller

Discus and support Shift on elite controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is the shift function not available on elite controller series ONE? It's not hardware related, it's pure software. So why doesn't Microsoft add... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RudyVBo, Nov 22, 2020 at 7:02 PM.

1. RudyVBo
    RudyVBo Guest

Why is the shift function not available on elite controller series ONE? It's not hardware related, it's pure software. So why doesn't Microsoft add that feature to the series one controller?

:)

2. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  3. H3PA80R Win User

Controller

That is really up to you. Both are great controllers. For racing games i.e. the elite is better than the regular, since you could configure it to have the shifting on the paddles at the back of the controller. Or in shooters you could set the triggers
    at a shorter point to do its job.
  4. Niko1664 Win User

Elite Series 2 Shift Function.

5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Joystick help

Hey WARRIOR

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In regards to this, the Adaptive Controller allows you re-map certain buttons to be registered as a different input.

For example, using that
    Shift option
    , allows use a different set of controllers altogether, such as switching to the right stick from the left stick.

For buttons, choose a button on the controller you want to modify with Shift, then choose
    Shift. Choose a button from the list (this will be the button that’s used when the Shift button is held down).

The Shift status will reflect the button you’ve chosen.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have casued.
  6. Brvtvs9 Win User

Racing Wheels versus Gamepads

I pre-ordered the fanatec csr wheel, csr elite pedals and shift set for about 500€. It will arrive next week .... :)

A great weekend to all
Thema:

1. Shift on elite controller - Similar Threads - Shift elite controller

2. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - SHIFT Function

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - SHIFT Function: Hello, I am considering buying an Elite Controller Series 2 for my Xbox. Now I would have one question about functionality of SHIFT, which can be assigned to paddles. For example I will play...
  3. Xbox Accessories app should have shift setting for controllers besides Elite Series 2.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app should have shift setting for controllers besides Elite Series 2.: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/xbox-accessories-elite-series-2 Xbox Accessories app has a different version for the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. In this new...
  4. late shift wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    late shift wont start: late shift game was gifted to me, and I finished downloding it my xbox the problem was it will go to menu option and press start the screen turned black the game wont start What should I do?...
  5. Accessories app not allowing the Elite 2 to assign all the “actions” for the shift feature.

in XboX Insiders
    Accessories app not allowing the Elite 2 to assign all the “actions” for the shift feature.: In the accessories app when I go into the “actions” menu to assign functions (like tv volume up, mute, etc) for the shift mode the selection bar moves 2 spaces at a time skipping over every other...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw daily challenges have had a screen crush and shift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw daily challenges have had a screen crush and shift: I have noticed since the end of July Jigsaw Update that the Microsoft Jigsaw screen has had an issue. Jigsaw now has a settings option on the home page.... (this is not the issue) The Daily...
  7. Need For Speed Shift Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need For Speed Shift Backwards Compatibility: It would be nice if Need For Speed Shift could be playable on xbox one. If It will be coming, when will it come out? b58feb37-9088-468b-b493-0fc77296ec6c
  8. Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App: I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I can't find the setting to disable it....
  9. Shift and trigger, can it work without it turning on/off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Shift and trigger, can it work without it turning on/off?: I have one arm that is paralyzed and am trying to see if the shift key can switch triggers on the elite2 for the xbox1 (that way only 1 trigger is used during game play, but when shift button is...
  10. Elite Series 2 Shift Function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Shift Function.: Maybe I don't quite understand it, but what exactly is the purpose of the shift function. I see that you can hit the shift button and change your X into Y. Wasn't that already a thing with the old...