Should I change my router settings?

Discus and support Should I change my router settings? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Virgin media Superhub 2. It is not in modem mode - should it be for online gaming? I can play all games with no obvious problems and my NAT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by reptileegg, Mar 14, 2014.

1. reptileegg
    reptileegg Guest

I have a Virgin media Superhub 2. It is not in modem mode - should it be for online gaming?

I can play all games with no obvious problems and my NAT is open, so the phrase if it aint broke don't fix it may apply.

But I notice on Xbox.com it lists which ports should be forwarded for LIVE, but my router does not appear to have any ports forwarded in the router settings. I don't understand this as if they are required - how am I playing online with no obvious problems?
    The only problem I have is rubberband lag on BF4 but I think that is a problem with their servers ...

any advice plz?

Thanks.

:)

reptileegg, Mar 14, 2014
  2. Should I change my gamertag?

Its not worth 800 MSP..MS must be laughing all the way to the bank when gamers are foolish enough to waste money on meaningless things.

LOWxONxHealth, Mar 14, 2014
  3. EM1 B16A2
    EM1 B16A2 Guest
    Should I change my gamertag?

If you can't make your own decisions in life and you need a forum to do so I pity you.

EM1 B16A2, Mar 14, 2014
  4. reptileegg
    reptileegg Guest

... After going on google I think it is because my router has UPNP enabled that I means I don't have to manually open ports. I just played a smooth game of Titanfall with good connection bars and open NAT, so I think if it aint broke don't fix it applies
    here.

reptileegg, Mar 14, 2014
  5. reptileegg Win User

... After going on google I think it is because my router has UPNP enabled that I means I don't have to manually open ports. I just played a smooth game of Titanfall with good connection bars and open NAT, so I think if it aint broke don't fix it applies
    here.
  6. MerryAuto079624 Win User

When are you going to fix the connection problems with Microsoft Bingo?

I have rebooted my system and my router but no success. What router settings should I be using and how do I change them>
  7. Whip JR Win User

how should I setup my routers?

That worked, thank you for the help.
  8. taidara Win User

Greetings Whip!

Firstly: Could you post up the make and model of your Comcast cable modem.

Secondly: I'm a bit confused by your set up. Could you confirm the following order, if this is correct, or incorrect, starting with the very last device in the chain:

Dlink Dir-615 terminates to Netgear WGR614v9, which terminates to the DLink Dir-815, which terminates to the
    cable modem. Correct, or incorrect?

Could you also tell us which operating mode each router has been configured for.

Thank you!
  9. Arminator Win User

[quote user="Whip JR"]My comcast modem ... has one port out that goes to the Dir-815.[/quote]

Make sure that the cable from the Comcast Modem goes into the WAN port of the DIR-815. Make sure, that on this router, DHCP (and if supported) UPnP are turned ON and properly configured.

[quote user="Whip JR"]Connected to the Dir-815 I have the WGR614v9 AND the Dir-615[/quote]

Make sure, that on the WGR614 and DIR-615 DHCP is turned OFF! Then make sure that the cables coming from the DIR-815 are
    NOT plugged in the WAN ports of the WGR614 and DIR615, but on any LAN Port of the routers.

Using the LAN ports instead of the WAN port will bypass the routing and NAT functions of the devices, so you don't have a double NAT configuration that would impair your Multiplayer experience, letting the WGR614 and DIR615 routers work as switches or wireless
    access points instead of routers/gateways.

Basically, the only thing you need to set up is to disable DHCP in both "second tier" routers, and let the "primary" Router DIR-815 handle everything.
Thema:

1. Should I change my router settings? - Similar Threads - Should change router

2. Should I have to pay to change my gamertag under this circumstance?

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I have to pay to change my gamertag under this circumstance?: Around 12 years ago, I bought an XBOX 360 to use offline only and had to install an update to get a game to work, so I signed in with my msn email address. I don't remember even having to choose a...
  3. I have such a problem that I can not play the Minecraft game because I should change some ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have such a problem that I can not play the Minecraft game because I should change some ...: I have such a problem that I can not play the Minecraft game because I should change some privacy and online thing and i dont have it and i cant change it on my parent account...
  4. I think there should be a change in reporting system for more adult games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I think there should be a change in reporting system for more adult games.: I have recently been subject to a suspension due to communication on the 27/07/2018, to which I understand perfectly why. However today when I signed into my Xbox, I noticed that the date set for...
  5. If xbox changes your gamertag you should get to change it for free

in XBoX on Consoles
    If xbox changes your gamertag you should get to change it for free: if xbox changes my gamertag i should get to change it for free. Not pay $10 997510c6-4a11-4291-bd7b-cfa24b267672
  6. Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...: So i have a problem with adding a friend and i have already changed the settings so that i should be able to add my friend 05ce2a36-8569-4487-b13d-8405e0e53202
  7. Should gamertag change be free after a force change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should gamertag change be free after a force change: My gamertag was recently forced changed to "SillyFawn262207" which is humiliating, and now I have found out that I will have to pay to get it changed. This is an insult, especially less than 24...
  8. I need help changing my gamertag. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help changing my gamertag. What should I do?: Ok, so I created an xbox live account for my 360 and thought my generated name was pretty stupid (BackupFrog60). So I decide to go change it but it doesn't work. I then find out on this site that...
  9. Microsoft should allow Xbox users to change the birthdates on our accounts.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should allow Xbox users to change the birthdates on our accounts.: When I was first creating my Xbox Live Account, I had put on the incorrect birth date and my friends were talking about the Insider Hub, so I asked "How can I get into the Insider Hub?" and they...
  10. I think we should be able to change our gamer tags for free

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think we should be able to change our gamer tags for free: I think we should be able to change our gamer tags for free df6ce6a6-a066-4e7b-9544-c002f3780c3e