Shrink and Delete Developer Mode Xbox Series S

Discus and support Shrink and Delete Developer Mode Xbox Series S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox Series S. With Developer Mode. When I installed Dev Kit, I set the Size to 200GB. I installed Retroarch. I want to shrink the Size... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NetHunter321, May 15, 2022.

1. NetHunter321
    NetHunter321 Guest

Hi, I have an Xbox Series S. With Developer Mode. When I installed Dev Kit, I set the Size to 200GB. I installed Retroarch. I want to shrink the Size of Developer Mode. To 140GB. I need more space on Retail. I know I can increase the size. But not Decrease. Without deleting everything. From Dev Mode. So, I tried Disabling Dev Mode. From Retail. It asked me to Activate the Console. Gave me a Code. For Microsoft Partner Center. I entered it and everything worked. My Free Space went to around 220GB. Instead of 20GB. So far so good...Then I installed Dev Mode. Rebooted into Dev Mode. When I started Dev Home, I noticed the space went back to 200GB. It didn't give me the option to select my Size. Hard Disk. Also, in Dev Mode I deleted everything on the drive. So the Dev Mode is 200GB Free. My question is, how do I shrink the Size of Developer Mode? 140GB? Please reply. Thanks

:)

NetHunter321, May 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Unfortunately there is no way to decrease storage once you set a minimum without factory resetting the console mate
  3. NetHunter321 Win User

Nevermind. I got it working. I went to My Games and Apps > Apps > Settings > System > Console Info > "Reset Console" > "Reset and Remove Everything." It wiped my Console. Then I added Dev Kit. Rebooted to Developer Mode. And resized to 125GB. (It started at 4GB.) Super Happy. Now I'm installing Retroarch. In case anyone was wondering. Had to reinstall my Retail Games. No problem...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Nethunter
  5. Malacath Win User

Shrinkable games

Do you have the download 4k assets option switched on?

It's in the Backup&Transfer options

Apparently the main function of shrink option is to be able to delete all the 4k assets to save hard drive space. This is especially useful on the OG xbox One and the Xbox One S as they can't actually use the 4k assets
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series X PC mode

'Xbox Series X will feature a boot mode dubbed Windows Mode"
    Where have you read that? This was only rumoured about 18 months ago, way before the console was released. It's likely not happening. And even if if did, it would be a very, very scaled down Windows, running in 'S mode'. That would mean only apps from the Windows Store would work.

You don't need it anyway for what you're thinking of doing. You can find out more regarding developing for Xbox at ID@Xbox
Thema:

1. Shrink and Delete Developer Mode Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Shrink Delete Developer

2. Gaming Services deleted from registry but not available to download from store

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming Services deleted from registry but not available to download from store: Title says it all, I can't run gamepass games so I followed the instructions of another thread to deleted the registry folders then run the power shell command but I don't have the option to...
  3. hacked and security info deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    hacked and security info deleted: Hi, yesterday my account was hacked and I only noticed now that I got 2 security info. 1 was the hacker adding his email and the other was the hacker deleting my email. I was gonna try to recover...
  4. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": My friend's xbox device appears in my account. When I want to remove it, I get an error message saying try again later. I can't use the xbox brother system because I can't do this....
  5. Want to delete 2 of my accounts but cant find the email back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to delete 2 of my accounts but cant find the email back.: Hello, Recently I discovered I still have 2 xbox live profiles, I tried multiple ways to find the email addresses back, but I’ve reached a dead end. I do know the gamer tags on the other hand. I...
  6. Xbox 360 Storage Won’t Delete

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Storage Won’t Delete: Hey all, So this is a problem I’ve had on multiple Xbox 360’s and whenever I look things up I can’t find anything. My problem is I can delete things off of my Xbox 360 internal storage. I’ll go...
  7. Display on Xbox dashboard shrinking down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display on Xbox dashboard shrinking down: Hi I have just seen my TV display on the Xbox dashboard shrinking down to a smaller screen. I think it was the 720p resolution. But I remember checking the resolution when it happened before this...
  8. New game code saying it was already used. I have a receipt and the game was in shrink wrap. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New game code saying it was already used. I have a receipt and the game was in shrink wrap. ...: We gave my son Dragonball 2 for Xbox One. We purchased it on 4/14/2017. He received it for Easter. Xbox Live membership is current. When he tried to redeem the code, he got the error that the code...
  9. Is there a way to make Bingo playable on a laptop than just shrinking the card size?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to make Bingo playable on a laptop than just shrinking the card size?: I have a laptop with a 1366x768 size screen. I'd love to play Bingo more often but all these settings will do is let me shrink the card size. I don't care to scroll & would prefer not to pay to be...
  10. Diablo 3 legitimate player count shrinking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 3 legitimate player count shrinking: I try and join an open game and all i get it modded player's everywhere. I took a bunch of screenshots of their gear and everything now im trying to figure out where to submit it all. I'm tired of...