Shutdown PC while installing Forza Horizon 5, now it won't install

Discus and support Shutdown PC while installing Forza Horizon 5, now it won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded half of Forza Horizon 5, then needed to shutdown my PC. When I turned it back on, it is no longer in my library. When I click the install... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RickyP5746, Nov 15, 2021.

1. RickyP5746
    RickyP5746 Guest

I downloaded half of Forza Horizon 5, then needed to shutdown my PC. When I turned it back on, it is no longer in my library.

When I click the install button on the Xbox app, it shows "Preparing 0% View Progress" for ~30 seconds, then the green install button reappears.

I have followed the advice on "Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows Device" which hasn't helped.

Thanks.

:)

RickyP5746, Nov 15, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm afraid this is happening to a lot of gamers currently. Someone came up with a possible solution to address this. See here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. jayirvin Win User

forza horizon 4 expansion bundle

forza horizon 4 and the expansion installed on my other PC just now fine. there has got to be a way to fix to install on my PC with the EVGA 1080ti and 5K monitor. that PC boots to an M.2 drive so I have the store installing games on a new crusial SSD.
    Ive thought about uninstalling and re installing forza H 4 but Im afraid it might not install again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 won't install

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey MartinVincett, how are you today? Hope you're well.

For a couple of days now, Horizon 5 is exhibiting a few error's and problems, Microsoft acknowledge them here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

And also Forza team:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

Before reporting to Forza team:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...

Try this:

Log out of your account on the app, reinstall it, restart your PC, and then log back in and try again. :)

If this doesn't work:

First, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  5. pigout666 Win User

Controller stops working when reconected

I have same problem, and now that I think about it, it only occured after I installed forza horizon 2 and has only happened while forza was on, is it a problem with the game perhaps?
  6. Francia J. Win User

I can't access forza5 premium add-on contents in in-game of forza horizon5

Hi GivenUnicycle60, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

On your Xbox App kindly install the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle, simply search for it from there for you to have an option to install.

If it's already installed kindly repair the game and then restart your PC.

Settings > Apps > Search for "Forza Horizon 5" > Advanced Options > Repair > Restart.
Thema:

1. Shutdown PC while installing Forza Horizon 5, now it won't install - Similar Threads - Shutdown while installing

2. Tv on and off with Xbox power on and shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tv on and off with Xbox power on and shutdown: I recently bought an onn. brand tv (Walmart brand) and I cannot get my tv to turn on when I power on the Xbox or shut off when shutting down the console like it does with my other consoles and tv...
  3. Xbox complete shutdown

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox complete shutdown: What do I do if (this only happens on Minecraft) my Xbox One X shuts down all of a sudden? I have cleared cache, re-installed Minecraft, and restarted the Xbox. I cannot factory reset it because...
  4. My Pc shutdown while downloading a game on game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Pc shutdown while downloading a game on game pass.: I was downloading Forza Horizon 5 and it was on 90%. My Pc just shutdown, now i cant continue the download neither can i start from scratch. I cant even find the files to delete it manually. It...
  5. I'm noticing recurring shutdowns while trying to open the guide while gaming. First...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm noticing recurring shutdowns while trying to open the guide while gaming. First...: It's happening both in the latest Beta (just updated right now to check if this would be fixed) and also before updating! It's like the system stop responding when it should open the quick guide...
  6. Xbox Hard Shutdown While Gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Hard Shutdown While Gaming: Hello, I have recently run into an issue where my Xbox will hard reset ("crash") while playing a game/streaming to Mixer. The Xbox will then re-start fine and I can continue gaming... but this...
  7. Xbox randomly shutdown while watching YouTube.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox randomly shutdown while watching YouTube.: There was no indicator. It was fine, then my screen went black, looked over at my Xbox and saw it was off. Controller didn't turn it back on so I had to get up and press the button. It started up...
  8. Xbox just shutdown by itself while watching hulu

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox just shutdown by itself while watching hulu: Watching a movie on hulu, console just turned itself off. When turning back on went through a full reboot. No error code or warning that it was about to happen (slowness, lag, buffering)...
  9. Huge Xbox One X power consumption while OFF (Full shutdown or just plugged in power) !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Huge Xbox One X power consumption while OFF (Full shutdown or just plugged in power) !!: I have Power consumption meter (digital one, that shows Amps, Wats consumed from socket), and when I plug In Xbox One X it INSTANTLY consumes ~ 23W. The same happens, wen console is on Full...
  10. Xbox one shutdown suddenly while playing kinect rivals

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one shutdown suddenly while playing kinect rivals: Hi Recently i have purchased xbox one from the US ,currently am staying in singapore ,my xbox one is up and running , but when i try to play kinect rivals after few min of playing my xbox one...