Shutting down

Discus and support Shutting down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a solution to the console shutting down when playing Cold war? Because I've noticed it's quite a common problem with others.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cookieowl, Nov 22, 2020.

1. cookieowl
    cookieowl Guest

Shutting down

Is there a solution to the console shutting down when playing Cold war? Because I've noticed it's quite a common problem with others.

:)

cookieowl, Nov 22, 2020
  2. DoctorlyElm19 Win User

Shutting down

It would only shut down when you turn it off, or if you leave it idle for some time (there's a setting for that).

It should never shut down abruptly while you're playing a game.

Several questions for you:

- Do you get any sort of error message when you turn it back on? no

- Are you able to turn it back on immediately after it shuts off? yes

- Are the system fans really loud and the console is hot to the touch after it turns off,

perhaps from overheating
    ?no

Sometimes before it shuts off it freezes as well. it does make a loud noise like a disc is stuck. sometimes it just kicks from games
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Shutting down

It would only shut down when you turn it off, or if you leave it idle for some time (there's a setting for that).

It should never shut down abruptly while you're playing a game.

Several questions for you:

- Do you get any sort of error message when you turn it back on?

- Are you able to turn it back on immediately after it shuts off?

- Are the system fans really loud and the console is hot to the touch after it turns off,

perhaps from overheating
    ?
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Bingo shuts down

Heya!

Happy to help troubleshoot if you are still running into this issue!

Are you running into this issue on Windows 10 or a console?

With the console be sure to send us your Detailed network stats, and with a Windows 10 PC send us your Xbox app's network settings info including NAT.

Do you see the same issue with or without a wired connection to your router or gateway?

To be sure everything is set with the app on Windows 10 let's have you follow these steps:

1. Open the settings app.
    2. Navigate to System/apps.
    3. In the system sub-menu, navigate to Apps and Features
    4. Search for the app in question.
    5. After selecting the app, select advanced options.
    6. Tap reset.
    7. You may now re-open the app once more

Be sure to do this with the Xbox App and the Game.

Post back and let us know!
  5. Auswulf Win User

Will they shut down the servers?

It's pretty safe to say they won't be shutting down the servers for the 360 for a good while with backwards compatibility coming for the Xbox One. As for game servers run independently by publishers and developers that would be completely up to them whether
    they stay online or not.

@ Burnin Todi - Lol.
  6. Burnin TODI Win User

Will they shut down the servers?

Necro thread powers activate!!! Form of......a thread from 2013 !!!
Thema:

Shutting down

1. Shutting down - Similar Threads - Shutting down

2. Xbox series x, return request because it kept shutting down

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x, return request because it kept shutting down: So i pulled the trigger and sent my Xbox to get returned. Just want to know if anyone has gone through this route, what the turnaround times look like and if you receive a new unit ? Requested the...
  3. xbox series x randomly shutting down in game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x randomly shutting down in game play: My xbox series x had shutting down issues 2 days into playing the new console . sent it into Microsoft repair centre was promised a replacement all they did was restore the software received it...
  4. Weird shut down bug on Xbox series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Weird shut down bug on Xbox series X?: One of the issues I have on series X is when switching the console off while it's downloading a game/update the console remains switched on at the dashboard but loses connection to the...
  5. Xbox Series X repeatedly shutting itself down mid game/app.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X repeatedly shutting itself down mid game/app.: My series x has shut itself down randomly 8 or 9 times over the last few days. Seems to happen more and more each day. I have had several game crashes as well where I just get booted to the home...
  6. Xbox shutting down while playing NBA2k21

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox shutting down while playing NBA2k21: Xbox series X shutdowns. Idk if this is the same issue as COD, but my everyday my 2k green screens then shuts off. I have to press the power. Anybody experiencing this? submitted by /u/D3lorian...
  7. Series X locked up on dashboard, needed hard shut down.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X locked up on dashboard, needed hard shut down.: I had just played some Cold War with Ray Tracing OFF, and went and looked on my dashboard after closing the game, and my Xbox just stuck on the picture of my Apps, the sounds were still happening...
  8. Xbox shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shut down: My xbox shuts down because it overheats when i play cold war 743ccf63-670c-46f1-8f19-34b3fe4cf01b
  9. Series X shutting down in some games

in XboX Insiders
    Series X shutting down in some games: My series x keeps shutting down (around 30 mins in game then screen turns green on a single moment and console completely turns off but gamepad is still on) while playing Gears 5 and Grounded....
  10. Series x shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x shutting down: Day one with the new series x and Im having the same issue when playing COD Cold war in Zombies or Team Deathmatch. If im lucky about 20 minutes in and freezes then powers off. Played COD Black...