Sidebar not popping up and games not working

Discus and support Sidebar not popping up and games not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i press the home button the side bar does not pop up. The screen very briefly around the border fades in as if its going to but then stops. I cant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarrenAllison1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Sidebar not popping up and games not working

When i press the home button the side bar does not pop up. The screen very briefly around the border fades in as if its going to but then stops. I cant press the user button in the upper left hand corner either. I can play downloaded games but my disk
    games and netflix will not work. When playing minecraft ill try to invite people to my realm and the game will freeze. When i hold down the home button the options to reset and turnoff the xbox and controller still pop up. I have tried hard resetting my xbox
    bu holding the power button, unplugging it from the wall and back of my xbox, i tried recallibrating my controllers, and none of this has worked.

:)

DarrenAllison1, Aug 29, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

I... hmmm.... didn't think of that, sorry. Do you have a mic or Kinect hooked up,

or a digital assistant
    , where you might be able to open settings via voice commands? "Xbox, open Settings"

If not, then with a USB drive you might want to follow the
    Offline System Update process
    which would boot up into a different menu to process that, since you can't get to the guide.
  3. DarrenAllison1 Win User

The first step is to open up the menu which i cannot do
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

For this, since you've tried a full power cycle,
    I'd recommend resetting the Xbox to factory defaults.
    The process has an option to perform that reset, but keep your games, save files, and profile info on it so you don't have to re-install/re-download them all. Take those steps and let us know if it
    resolves the issue you're seeing.
  5. StoneRain959049 Win User

May have to discontinue

I agree totally with ratingketchup32. I don't mind sidebar pop-up ads while I play a game because I can open them or ignore them. I love Microsoft Jigsaw, but the promo for Seeker notes is a complete pain. I've tried the games and don't like them. Please
    at least give us a choice whether we want to watch them or not.
  6. bleepinbloopin Win User

No Sidebar, but the sound is there

Exactly the same problem here. The sound effect for the sidebar but no sidebar. I tried a two year old work around that involved turning off high contrast in the accessibility tab under settings but it had no effect.
Thema:

1. Sidebar not popping up and games not working - Similar Threads - Sidebar popping games

2. THE Sidebar when you press the Xbox button is not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    THE Sidebar when you press the Xbox button is not working: I Am currently in OverWatch, but cannot open my side bar to change games. I shutdown my console and opened it, it wasn't in OverWatch, but when I went to OverWatch and opened the side bar, it...
  3. Abrupt shut downs and sidebar opens on the Xbox One Console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abrupt shut downs and sidebar opens on the Xbox One Console.: Recently, my Xbox One Console has been turning off unexpectedly and the bar when you click the home button will open without provoking it. The Xbox is being kept cool with air, and I do not know...
  4. Snap sidebar shows wrong game name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Snap sidebar shows wrong game name: Hi everyone, Small issue. Purchased Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition. Been playing since it came out yesterday, great game. I'm having an odd issue though. On my home screen, the game name shows...
  5. Lost the xbox sidebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost the xbox sidebar: I couldnt find any menu option to end the game so I ejected the disc. After putting in the next game (COD) it would get stuck on a blank black screen. Pushing the xbox button would not bring up...
  6. ANNOYING SIDEBAR ADDED TO MAHJONG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ANNOYING SIDEBAR ADDED TO MAHJONG: A rather gross and very annoying sidebar has been added to Mahjong (paid version) on the left. It seems it cannot be erased or deactivated in Settings or game Options. I play this game to relax -...
  7. Can’t access “sidebar settings”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t access “sidebar settings”: when i press the center “X” button the screen only dims. The left side menu does not pop up. I cannot access settings, and can’t get out of a game back to home screen...
  8. Sidebar won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sidebar won’t work: I left my Xbox on for two days and when I turned it on all I saw was black. I kept turning it off then on again and eventually it showed the Xbox Home. I still am not able to access the sidebar...
  9. No Sidebar, but the sound is there

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sidebar, but the sound is there: Hello all, I hit the xbox button and you hear the sound of it opening, the screen dims but is still visible, but there is no sidebar. I've clicked on my gamertag same thing happens but you never...
  10. Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update: The new 2017 dashboard is atrocious and makes the side bar difficult to use I'm not really sure what you guys were thinking with this new console update. The appearance of the home screen may look...