Sign in changes / Family accounts

Discus and support Sign in changes / Family accounts in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I read a few places that some changes were coming to family accounts / home systems. Is there any place I can see more details? My wife and I separated... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/iamkeeeng, Sep 24, 2020.

1. /u/iamkeeeng
    /u/iamkeeeng Guest

I read a few places that some changes were coming to family accounts / home systems. Is there any place I can see more details? My wife and I separated over a year ago, our daughter loves playing games but since shes under my profile she constantly get "you dont own this game" when she goes to play gamepass games / regularly purchased games.

We have 3 xboxes and another in november. So making a "home" system has been kind of a juggling act.

Any suggestions on fixing this? or will this be resolved with the less restrictive sign ons?

submitted by /u/iamkeeeng
    [link] [comments]

/u/iamkeeeng, Sep 24, 2020
  2. choppyseize Win User

Parental control bug in Forza Horizon 4

Only the people in charge of the family account can make the changes. They do it using there account in the family settings. Be sure to sign out and back in so that the changes take effect too.
  3. choppyseize Win User

Rise of the Tomb raider Cold darkness DLC

You need the parents in charge of the family account to make the changes for you. They have to sign in using there account and adjust the family settings for you.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Child won't appear on Xbox privacy settings

Once you've added the Childs account into your family. You make the changes through the parent account in the family settings. Be sure to sign the profile out then back in so the changes take effect.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Making a child account into an adult account.

Only a parent using the Microsoft family service can change Xbox privacy and online safety settings for a child account. If you're having trouble changing your child's settings, make sure your Microsoft account is a parent account in a Microsoft family.
    See whether you're a child or an adult in a family by signing in at account.microsoft.com/family. To change your child's settings:

• Sign in to the Xbox settings page with the parent’s Microsoft account. You may be asked to verify that you're the account owner.
      If you're having issues signing in to a Microsoft account, go to
      Microsoft account help
    • Choose the gamertag for your child's account. If you want to update the privacy and online safety settings for the parent or adult account, choose that gamertag instead.
    • Select theXbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety
      tab or the Privacy tab, review the settings currently in place and then update those you want to change.
    • Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't save the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.
    • Have your child sign in and sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.

Get more help managing your Microsoft family.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Adding XBox Live to a Child Account

Only a parent using the Microsoft family service can change Xbox privacy and online safety settings for a child account. If you're having trouble changing your child's settings, make sure your Microsoft account is a parent account in a Microsoft family.
    See whether you're a child or an adult in a family by signing in at account.microsoft.com/family. To change your child's settings:

• Sign in to the Xbox settings page with the parent’s Microsoft account. You may be asked to verify that you're the account owner.
      If you're having issues signing in to a Microsoft account, go to
      Microsoft account help
    • Choose the gamertag for your child's account. If you want to update the privacy and online safety settings for the parent or adult account, choose that gamertag instead.
    • Select theXbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety
      tab or the Privacy tab, review the settings currently in place and then update those you want to change.
    • Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't save the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.
    • Have your child sign in and sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.

Get more help managing your Microsoft family.
Thema:

1. Sign in changes / Family accounts - Similar Threads - Sign changes Family

2. Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change: I changed my GT yesterday through my XBone, no issues. However, when I went to play a game I had previously downloaded via Game Pass, my old GT was the only profile listed and I was unable to sign...
  3. Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games: I changed my default gamer-tag after many years and now my Xbox 360 games will not sign-in or allow me to download my new profile from the Xbox one. Please advise....
  4. borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change: okay so my son decided he wanted to change the gamertag name. he had been playing xbox 360 borderlands 2 on the xbox one. once he changed his name, when he tries to log on, it jusf says ‘not...
  5. Xbox gamer tag changed and I was charged but signing into xbox and pc still keeps my old...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gamer tag changed and I was charged but signing into xbox and pc still keeps my old...: When I am signed into my Microsoft account and go to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag it will show my true gamer tag that I recently paid for. But on the same PC when I bring up the xbox app...
  6. Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email: Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses), and had to find out that I was automatically...
  7. Live account hijacked - password changed - cant access live account - still signed in on pc...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Live account hijacked - password changed - cant access live account - still signed in on pc...: I created a new account here just to post this because my old account was hijacked. I received an email saying "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity" then another saying "Microsoft account...
  8. Putting drastic actions like sign-out next to changes like audio settings.

in XboX Insiders
    Putting drastic actions like sign-out next to changes like audio settings.: I pass along because he is right "perhaps right above "audio", is a bad place to put "sign out". I went to change my headset volume and now I have to wait five minutes for freaking...
  9. Does changing your password sign you out of ALL devices (PCs included)

in XBoX on Windows
    Does changing your password sign you out of ALL devices (PCs included): Hi, I remembered recently that a few years back I signed into a friend's desktop PC to change my Xbox PFP. I'm not sure if i'm still signed in, but I don't know. I'm worried he could do...
  10. "to make changes, sign in with the same account that signed up for this preview on this device"

in XboX Insiders
    "to make changes, sign in with the same account that signed up for this preview on this device": I was directed here by an xbox assistant, I can't un enroll from the xbox insiders program because I can't remember what account I enrolled on. I want to leave the early xbox update but I can't it...