Sign-in settings and access to games, xbox live

Discus and support Sign-in settings and access to games, xbox live in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently learned that my son has been using my profile to access the internet after his "screen time" set via the Microsoft family settings ran out.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cherylniles, Mar 15, 2019.

1. cherylniles
    cherylniles Guest

I recently learned that my son has been using my profile to access the internet after his "screen time" set via the Microsoft family settings ran out.

So, I changed the sign-in settings to the "lock it down" option. This way I/my profile is not automatically signed in when he starts the console.

But, then he couldn't access either the games or the the Xbox live.

I've searched the microsoft website and also have googled but I cannot find an explanation of how to share the games and the xbox live account with my son, without my profile being signed in.

Can someone help me out?

Cheryl

:)

cherylniles, Mar 15, 2019
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Cheryl thanks for the update.

We're glad to hear that everything was solved. We will be locking this post as resolved but pleasedon't
    hesitate to Start
    a New Thread
    if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox Member!
  3. cherylniles Win User

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
  4. cherylniles Win User

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that your child had been accessing your account to skirt his set screen time, but glad to hear that you've made your account a bit more secure as a result. Your account should not
    need to be signed in on the console and he may use his own account, so long as you are using the Game Share feature. This will share any Xbox Live Gold subscription you may have, as well as any access to games. Here are a couple of great support articles that
    will guide you on how to get this in effect:

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

Once you designate your profile as the Home Console profile, there shouldn't be any more problems for him to get into games or use the subscription.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
    I designated the Xbox one console as my home Xbox. That was easy, thanks!

I'll see how it goes.

Cheryl
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that your child had been accessing your account to skirt his set screen time, but glad to hear that you've made your account a bit more secure as a result. Your account should not
    need to be signed in on the console and he may use his own account, so long as you are using the Game Share feature. This will share any Xbox Live Gold subscription you may have, as well as any access to games. Here are a couple of great support articles that
    will guide you on how to get this in effect:

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

Once you designate your profile as the Home Console profile, there shouldn't be any more problems for him to get into games or use the subscription.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

As long as the console your son is using is designated as your home console he has all the benefits of what your account has available to it. I will tell you kids like to change the home console as a way of sharing games with others so I suggest you make
    sure that your console is indeed set as home console.
Thema:

1. Sign-in settings and access to games, xbox live - Similar Threads - Sign settings access

2. Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set restricted time continues to run when signed out on XBOX: Hi, I have set time restrictions for my child eg 4 hours per day to be used as he decides. The issue is that if he plays for an hour and sign out , the time continues to run down even when he’s...
  3. I can not sign up for MC Realms despite allowing everything in my account privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    I can not sign up for MC Realms despite allowing everything in my account privacy settings: Okay, so I want to sign up for Minecraft Realms on Windows 10. When I try to perform this action it tells me that I need to adjust my "privacy and online safety settings". So I went there (Sign in...
  4. cant go into settings or sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant go into settings or sign in: my xbox 1 is slow it will not sign in to live on primary but will on any other account Ive tried everything any ideas d331b5a8-70e8-4baa-90c0-6dc4e662e07d
  5. I can’t sign into Xbox live even though I have a subscription? Under Network settings it is ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sign into Xbox live even though I have a subscription? Under Network settings it is ...: I can’t sign into xbox live even though I have subscrition. Under Network settings it is say8ng issue with purchase and content usage. Not sure how to fix this cebf819e-86f1-4627-9fca-06913368e0aa
  6. Security settings don't import when I sign in on a different xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Security settings don't import when I sign in on a different xbox?: I have my xbox purchases set to require my passkey. I allowed my son to use my xbox account on HIS xbox so he could play Fortnite. It turns out, when signed in on HIS xbox, none of my security...
  7. To many sign-ons, can't figure out settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To many sign-ons, can't figure out settings: Why can't I play a simple multiplayer game of Minecraft with my Daughter?? I have tried many, many times to change my Daughters settings and mine. It's so darn confusing. Why so many different...
  8. I'm 19. Why does Xbox not allow me to sign in without a parent finishing set up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm 19. Why does Xbox not allow me to sign in without a parent finishing set up?: My account was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Today, I booted up my Xbox and signed into Live, only to get immediately signed out. When I then tried to sign back in, I was told I needed my...
  9. Trouble setting up sign in account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble setting up sign in account: I get this message 'Sorry there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in.' I just connected my xbox 360 to the internet. I changed my gametag from to Wildrivercat62. Yes I...
  10. Once I connect to xbox live and sign in, I get disconnected. Network settings are fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Once I connect to xbox live and sign in, I get disconnected. Network settings are fine.: I can connect to xbox live but once I try to sign in I get disconnected. I've checked all network settings and they are fine. I've also successfully completed the xbox live connection check....