Simple quality of life fixes to buying backwards compatible games

Discus and support Simple quality of life fixes to buying backwards compatible games in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Recently, I've wanted to take advantage of the EA Publisher Sale in order to buy the Mass Effect series, as I have never played them before. However, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by DarkFire225, Mar 18, 2019.

1. DarkFire225
    DarkFire225 Guest

Recently, I've wanted to take advantage of the EA Publisher Sale in order to buy the Mass Effect series, as I have never played them before. However, I quickly noticed some "flaws" with the store, and simply wish to suggest some fixes that I believe would
    make buying backwards compatible (BC) games easier.

1: Allow the usage of our account balance

I cannot fathom as to why your account balance can't be used to buy BC games. I mean, money is money right? This is a particular annoyance when you want to claim a BC Game with Gold. It's free, why do I need to "choose another payment method" when it's free.

2: Add DLC bundles

It's a little ridiculous that I have to go to, and individually purchase every piece of DLC. I just makes sense to have a separate version of the game that includes all the DLC for, let's say, an extra 5-10 dollars (these are BC games after all). However,
    if you don't add this feature, then may I suggest one that's just as good.

3: Adding BC games to your cart

This one is self explanatory. If the DLC bundles aren't added, then at least let me buy everything I want in one transaction from the cart.

I can't think of a good reason why these features aren't already available for BC games, but I can at least hope that enough people see this to get Xbox to implement at least one of these features.

:)

DarkFire225, Mar 18, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

None of these changes are simple as you suggest. They are incredibly complex from a programming point of view as they are 2 different stores. The engineering effort involved is probably not worth it when the could be spending that time on other areas.

Not to day it wouldn't be great to combine them better but I don't see it ever happening.
  3. Ackis Win User

Recently, I've wanted to take advantage of the EA Publisher Sale in order to buy the Mass Effect series, as I have never played them before. However, I quickly noticed some "flaws" with the store, and simply wish to suggest some fixes that I believe would
    make buying backwards compatible (BC) games easier.

1: Allow the usage of our account balance

I cannot fathom as to why your account balance can't be used to buy BC games. I mean, money is money right? This is a particular annoyance when you want to claim a BC Game with Gold. It's free, why do I need to "choose another payment method" when it's free.

2: Add DLC bundles

It's a little ridiculous that I have to go to, and individually purchase every piece of DLC. I just makes sense to have a separate version of the game that includes all the DLC for, let's say, an extra 5-10 dollars (these are BC games after all). However,
    if you don't add this feature, then may I suggest one that's just as good.

3: Adding BC games to your cart

This one is self explanatory. If the DLC bundles aren't added, then at least let me buy everything I want in one transaction from the cart.

I can't think of a good reason why these features aren't already available for BC games, but I can at least hope that enough people see this to get Xbox to implement at least one of these features.
    #2 is huge for me. Problem is, prices are set by the publisher and often these older titles are left to rot. You *might* get a GOTY edition like you mentioned, but often not.

What's even worse is sometimes they'll even make the DLC unavailable to buy!
  4. Smwutches Win User

5. DarkFire225 Win User

Thank you, I was unaware of this service.
  6. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Not to day it wouldn't be great to combine them better but I don't see it ever happening.
    I'd have to agree.
Thema:

1. Simple quality of life fixes to buying backwards compatible games - Similar Threads - Simple quality life

2. Is the $249 to repair Xbox One X for a simple issue negotiable? All I need is an HDMI port...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the $249 to repair Xbox One X for a simple issue negotiable? All I need is an HDMI port...: So the HDMI port on my xbox is broken. I didn't drop my console, didn't spill anything on it, I have sound, and it turns on, plenty of ventilation, I've never had any issues with it before - it...
  3. Controller Issues simple fix (thanks to Juicebox customer support)

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Issues simple fix (thanks to Juicebox customer support): I was having an issue with Guacamelee 2 on Xbox Game Pass for PC BETA. It was incorrectly registering the B button as a jump command on my OEM wired Xbox 360 controller. I contacted Juicebox...
  4. simple xbox games (one button one joystick)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    simple xbox games (one button one joystick): Other than classic games, is there a list games (both classic and modern) that only use one button and one joystick? I have a son with some disability, and I think a game with simple controls...
  5. Why don't MS Xbox produce a simple wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't MS Xbox produce a simple wired controller?: Why don't Microsoft produce a straight up wired controller. The plug and play is really poor because the batteries run out and the connecting port in the handset gets looser with time. When I...
  6. Help for a simple man

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help for a simple man: I have turned my xbox on today, the screen is small and cant be changed via the tv remote and theres no sound coming from the tv when i have the xbox on. I have reinserted the hdmi cables and the...
  7. Let's see those gaming Setups! Mine is Simple

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Let's see those gaming Setups! Mine is Simple: This is the State of My current gaming setup. Fairly simple and humle. Always a work in progress. [img] a5c895a6-8eb3-45eb-ba92-2a09033b4875
  8. Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple...: So I had to buy a new Xbox controller because my first one was ok, it just kept looking up with one of the D-pads. For example, if I'm playing a game like Slime Rancher, my character would look...
  9. Stop children from buying things on Xbox in one simple step!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stop children from buying things on Xbox in one simple step!: So ive read a lot about children buying things like Vbucks (Fortnite) and spending £100’s and then not been successful in getting a refund. The answer to stop this instantly is to add a passcode...
  10. Why has something as simple as the auto shut-off on the xbox controller been an issue for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has something as simple as the auto shut-off on the xbox controller been an issue for...: I'm new to Xbox so unfamiliar with the system and its little ticks. I purchased the Dolby Atmos app so I could watch my UHD movies in Atmos using my headphones, little did I know that my sound...