Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse!

Discus and support Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Up until the latest update I had experienced a few different issues that I hoped would have been resolved. First off, my Xbox will rarely turn on when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DRAG0N31979, Feb 24, 2014.

1. DRAG0N31979
    DRAG0N31979 Guest

Up until the latest update I had experienced a few different issues that I hoped would have been resolved. First off, my Xbox will rarely turn on when I say "Xbox On". Secondly, periodically my console will not turn on my TV nor by cable box. When I power
    them on manually, I can see the Xbox start screen but my TV app will not work unless I do a reset on the system. Since the latest update, I haven't seen the TV app issue but "Xbox On" still rarely works and now I have two new added issues. At least once a
    day, when I exit a game to go back to the home screen, I get a blank screen and have to reset my Xbox in order to get a picture again. The second issue is that now when I say "Xbox Turn Off", it gets me to the Yes/No screen and then it stops listening to me
    so then I have to use the controller to select "Yes". REALLY disappointed Microsoft!

:)

DRAG0N31979, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Xbox preview programm

You don't want it. I have it and it's junk. The programmers have lost their minds. 2 years now and the updates get worse and worse. My Xbox one has had more problems since this latest preview update then ever before.

schade-6AF2F7BC-366D-4599-9EA8-2269AE557A07, Feb 24, 2014
  3. J Skleezo
    J Skleezo Guest
    DVR record that failing more than 70% of the time, is this a known issue?

I too have this issue... Is it possible to fix or is it strictly an internet service issue? It has gotten significantly worse since the April Update...

J Skleezo, Feb 24, 2014
  4. Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse!

The answer to the black screen is a "Soft Reset", also this should fix your off "Yes" "No" ability. To perform the "Soft Reset", press and hold consoles power button for 8-10 seconds. Wait 30 seconds, then press consoles power button again to boot back up.
    Boot up will take a bit longer and hang for a bit at the green screen, this is normal behavior after this process.

The black screen issue unfortunately was a glitch that was seen since last update. A fix for this is being addressed and hopefully will be out soon. The "Soft Reset" is yours or anyone's else's first line of defense when having these issues.

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 24, 2014
  5. PrimitiveMeat Win User

The answer to the black screen is a "Soft Reset", also this should fix your off "Yes" "No" ability. To perform the "Soft Reset", press and hold consoles power button for 8-10 seconds. Wait 30 seconds, then press consoles power button again to boot back up.
    Boot up will take a bit longer and hang for a bit at the green screen, this is normal behavior after this process.

The black screen issue unfortunately was a glitch that was seen since last update. A fix for this is being addressed and hopefully will be out soon. The "Soft Reset" is yours or anyone's else's first line of defense when having these issues.
  6. schade-6AF2F7BC-366D Win User

Xbox preview programm

You don't want it. I have it and it's junk. The programmers have lost their minds. 2 years now and the updates get worse and worse. My Xbox one has had more problems since this latest preview update then ever before.
  7. J Skleezo Win User

DVR record that failing more than 70% of the time, is this a known issue?

I too have this issue... Is it possible to fix or is it strictly an internet service issue? It has gotten significantly worse since the April Update...
  8. Nights0ng Win User

TV audio gets deeper/lower in tone

Bump, this has actually gotten worse. I've been hooking up my Pi after each update and it's actually gotten worse. Some files actually getting really high pitched and some files get low pitched. Obviously something is wrong with how the xbox is sampling
    the audio from the hdmi input.
  9. MagpieKing17 Win User

CHEATED

And it has gotten worse since I've complained. It doesn't play any discs now.
Thema:

1. Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse! - Similar Threads - Since latest update

2. Can not launch Dragon Age 2 since the latest update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not launch Dragon Age 2 since the latest update: Hey guys, Ever since the latest update on the 23rd at approximately 21:00 I have been unable to launch Dragon Age 2. Error message 'You need this update but we can't get that right now' Please...
  3. Xbox one not letting me start parties or invite people to them since latest Alpha update...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one not letting me start parties or invite people to them since latest Alpha update...: I go to start a party and it grays out if I click it. Also, when i go to invite people, it says error starting party. The console has felt very slow and laggy since the update yesterday, but this...
  4. Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?: So for example, if I click a game, the only way to go back to the main menu is to completely restart the console manually. submitted by /u/Snowstandards [link] [comments]
  5. Major Twitch issues since latest dashboard update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Major Twitch issues since latest dashboard update: Ever since the latest preview program dashboard update, Twitch has been a nightmare to work with. I see app snapping is gone, but this puts Twitch streamers at a huge disadvantage if they don't...
  6. Since the latest update, I haven't been able to view my messages on my iPad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since the latest update, I haven't been able to view my messages on my iPad: So, yeah, basically what the title says. I recently updated my Xbox app on my iPad Mini 2 (Version 1610.1205.1554) a few days ago and ever since then, I haven't been able to view my messages. I...
  7. Chatpad audio output issue since latest system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad audio output issue since latest system update: Basically soon as I start a twitch stream or youtube while using the audio out jack on the chatpad, I'm getting some loud fast pulsating noise if not an all out loss of sound. It happens on and...
  8. PINs are missing since latest fall update

in XBoX on Consoles
    PINs are missing since latest fall update: HI, Since the Fall 2017 update, I can't add pins, but when I pin games/apps they don't show up in Pins. anyone else have this? I tried hard reset, clear cache, no luck. Thanks in advance,...
  9. Sign in issues since latest Insider Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in issues since latest Insider Update: So since the latest Xbox Insider update I can't log in to my gamertag. I am ALWAYS logged in and it had logged me out, so I tried logging in, put in my password and it just kept taking me back to...
  10. Bluray not working since latest update!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bluray not working since latest update!!: anyone having issues with Bluray player since today's update? Can see disc menu but won't play! Tried multiple discs and same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled app :( Suggestions?...