Sitting on App screens before going back to home

Discus and support Sitting on App screens before going back to home in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just started noting this last night, but my system would just sit at different app loading screens then jump back to home. I've cleared the cache... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thebeardedstate, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sitting on App screens before going back to home

I just started noting this last night, but my system would just sit at different app loading screens then jump back to home.

I've cleared the cache on it, and did a hard restart and it does it again if I attempt to use the Twitch app.

Also, I've noticed if attempt to turn off the One with the controller it goes dark, but the One's LED stays faint, then both the Kinect and One start back up (but start black screen), then goes back to faint, then after a few seconds, does it all over again.

:)

thebeardedstate, Mar 13, 2014
  2. Clemulus
    Clemulus Guest
    Why won't Forza 7 launch?

Keeps going back to home screen trying to launch the game. This has never happened before on any Forza title........pretty horrible.

Clemulus, Mar 13, 2014
  3. W19782
    W19782 Guest
    Netflix wont open on XB1

About a week ago, Netflix was working fine. Yesterday I tried to open it, and it just keeps going back to XBox home screen. I tried restarting the App, I've restarted my console about a dozen times, so I uninstalled Netflx and today I re-installed it. Still
    wont open. Just keeps taking me back to the main home screen.

Unrelated: why does it say my username is "weptstarfish896"? Ive never seen that username before. My Username on Xbox 360 and 1 is ""

W19782, Mar 13, 2014
  4. total ownership Win User

Xbox One suddenly stopped IR blasting TV and cable box Help me XB1 kenobi you're my only hope

I'm having the same issue AND the NFL app doesn't work. It just shows the blue NFL screen for about a second and goes back to the home screen with the blue NFL as the main app but just sits there.
  5. InboundJuggler Win User

Xbox One X connection issues with Xbox Live.

I believe I'm running 2,4gHz band but it's just in general when I lose connect. I even lose connection just sitting in the home screen. Last night I tried re-downloading Destiny 2 and lost connection at least 15+ times throughout the night just sitting
    in the My Games and App screen. I am going to go buy a RJ45 Cable to see if that fixes it.
  6. kingvas78 Win User

Dashboard freeze

Mine does the same thing. When I go to my Home screen after the X1 sits idle for a couple hours, I have to wait a couple minutes before things start working again. I watch my friend activity, and once it starts scrolling again then I know I'm back in business.
  7. deadspeak Win User

Invite to preview XBOX one updates

try this, go back to home screen quit the app via options button on controller, then relaunch it will then work (did for me anyway)
  8. CorkNation Win User

Pandora black screen after a few songs

I'm seeing this issue as well. Only thing i can do is go back to the home screen and kill the app and restart.
Thema:

Sitting on App screens before going back to home

1. Sitting on App screens before going back to home - Similar Threads - Sitting App screens

2. 2k18 nba wont download updates just sits there

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2k18 nba wont download updates just sits there: 2k18 nba wont download updates just sits there I have reinstalled it same thing just says hit a to download updates and does nothing 2c2d9146-3736-4db7-af86-472f1b8502f4
  3. What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the ideal FoV for games if I'm sitting 4ft away from my 32" 4K Monitor?: I've always wondered this as I'm never sure what to set FoV to in games that let you change it like Borderlands 3 or Battlefield. I usually sit on my bed 4 feet (almost exactly) from my 32 inch...
  4. Metro Exodus on Game Pass PC won't run - exe sits there doing nothing

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus on Game Pass PC won't run - exe sits there doing nothing: I just subscribed to Game Pass on Windows (Beta), primarily to play Metro Exodus. I installed it, but it won't run - the exe shows up in task manager, but nothing else happens and it's using no...
  5. Captures sitting on 0% when there queued for upload to one drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Captures sitting on 0% when there queued for upload to one drive: ive tried to upload my captures to one deive and there just sitting on 0% like what do i do...ive trued to hard reset my xbox and everything...pls help 0f42f430-8f7b-4029-9a38-ca3186620027
  6. I had 10k points waiting from MyVIP sitting late last month. Where is it?

in XBoX Rewards
    I had 10k points waiting from MyVIP sitting late last month. Where is it?: I was told the deposits were on the 15th and at the end of the month. So what happened to my points? I saw they were there before the announcement of shutdown. 6bb6f670-8e0f-4cbd-8af4-1e54789cf8ab
  7. I have undeposited credits sitting in my account for 2 months.

in XBoX Rewards
    I have undeposited credits sitting in my account for 2 months.: I have account points that have been in there from 4/30/18, and 5/31/18, but they are not dropping into my account. It also will not allow the manual request to drop the credits in my account....
  8. I have over 36000 points just sitting there and always says there's a problem with my account

in XBoX Rewards
    I have over 36000 points just sitting there and always says there's a problem with my account: I have 36000 points in my account as of now. I haven't had a deposit for months now. What's the issue and why all of a sudden it stopped? Please fix this problem. d983ced5-f52e-42e4-952e-2b507620076a
  9. Puzzles are not downloading again. Just sits there saying downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Puzzles are not downloading again. Just sits there saying downloading.: Games still won't download on the daily challenge. Really frustrating since I paid for an upgrade. Did I waste my money? 9f7a2d57-a55d-4feb-9331-b6a82646cc34
  10. Xbox 1 S console refuses to connect to wifi, even though Xbox 1 sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 S console refuses to connect to wifi, even though Xbox 1 sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT ...: Back in June 2016, I took the plunge and bought a 2nd hand Xbox One... And it has served me well....most of the time. Never had a real problem with its wifi link up with my mobile wifi dongle....