Sitting on App screens before going back to home

Discus and support Sitting on App screens before going back to home in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just started noting this last night, but my system would just sit at different app loading screens then jump back to home. I've cleared the cache... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thebeardedstate, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sitting on App screens before going back to home

I just started noting this last night, but my system would just sit at different app loading screens then jump back to home.

I've cleared the cache on it, and did a hard restart and it does it again if I attempt to use the Twitch app.

Also, I've noticed if attempt to turn off the One with the controller it goes dark, but the One's LED stays faint, then both the Kinect and One start back up (but start black screen), then goes back to faint, then after a few seconds, does it all over again.

:)

thebeardedstate, Mar 13, 2014
  2. Clemulus
    Clemulus Guest
    Why won't Forza 7 launch?

Keeps going back to home screen trying to launch the game. This has never happened before on any Forza title........pretty horrible.

Clemulus, Mar 13, 2014
  3. W19782
    W19782 Guest
    Netflix wont open on XB1

About a week ago, Netflix was working fine. Yesterday I tried to open it, and it just keeps going back to XBox home screen. I tried restarting the App, I've restarted my console about a dozen times, so I uninstalled Netflx and today I re-installed it. Still
    wont open. Just keeps taking me back to the main home screen.

Unrelated: why does it say my username is "weptstarfish896"? Ive never seen that username before. My Username on Xbox 360 and 1 is ""

W19782, Mar 13, 2014
  4. total ownership Win User

Xbox One suddenly stopped IR blasting TV and cable box Help me XB1 kenobi you're my only hope

I'm having the same issue AND the NFL app doesn't work. It just shows the blue NFL screen for about a second and goes back to the home screen with the blue NFL as the main app but just sits there.
  5. deadspeak Win User

Invite to preview XBOX one updates

try this, go back to home screen quit the app via options button on controller, then relaunch it will then work (did for me anyway)
  6. CorkNation Win User

Pandora black screen after a few songs

I'm seeing this issue as well. Only thing i can do is go back to the home screen and kill the app and restart.
  7. kingvas78 Win User

Dashboard freeze

Mine does the same thing. When I go to my Home screen after the X1 sits idle for a couple hours, I have to wait a couple minutes before things start working again. I watch my friend activity, and once it starts scrolling again then I know I'm back in business.
  8. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Get back to the home page on Windows 8 Music app

Hey Paladin! So when you navigate a Windows 8 app, go do something else, and then come back to the app, its essentially like you minimized it, so when you re-open it, it will bring you back to your last location. If you want it to go to the home screen,
    you either need to close the app completely, or manually navigate back too it. Unfortunately there is no "Home" button within the app itself.
Thema:

Sitting on App screens before going back to home

1. Sitting on App screens before going back to home - Similar Threads - Sitting App screens

2. I had 10k points waiting from MyVIP sitting late last month. Where is it?

in XBoX Rewards
    I had 10k points waiting from MyVIP sitting late last month. Where is it?: I was told the deposits were on the 15th and at the end of the month. So what happened to my points? I saw they were there before the announcement of shutdown. 6bb6f670-8e0f-4cbd-8af4-1e54789cf8ab
  3. I have undeposited credits sitting in my account for 2 months.

in XBoX Rewards
    I have undeposited credits sitting in my account for 2 months.: I have account points that have been in there from 4/30/18, and 5/31/18, but they are not dropping into my account. It also will not allow the manual request to drop the credits in my account....
  4. I have over 36000 points just sitting there and always says there's a problem with my account

in XBoX Rewards
    I have over 36000 points just sitting there and always says there's a problem with my account: I have 36000 points in my account as of now. I haven't had a deposit for months now. What's the issue and why all of a sudden it stopped? Please fix this problem. d983ced5-f52e-42e4-952e-2b507620076a
  5. Hey i am sitting here its the 15 and i have not gotten my local currency what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards
    Hey i am sitting here its the 15 and i have not gotten my local currency what do i do?: As the title say i haven't got them jet so what now? 77899648-990a-4b6f-be1a-91ebc12d75d4
  6. Puzzles are not downloading again. Just sits there saying downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Puzzles are not downloading again. Just sits there saying downloading.: Games still won't download on the daily challenge. Really frustrating since I paid for an upgrade. Did I waste my money? 9f7a2d57-a55d-4feb-9331-b6a82646cc34
  7. multiplayer keeps loosing conection and showing everyone off line and im sitting there talking ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    multiplayer keeps loosing conection and showing everyone off line and im sitting there talking ...: multi player keeps kicking out saying lost connection to ceres 80c9389c-f960-4487-95bd-f13298cb78b6
  8. why can you get banned for no reason and sit their and cant do anything about it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can you get banned for no reason and sit their and cant do anything about it.: Why is it that you can get band for no reason and you have to sit there and take it. I don't find this right 30d0b960-860e-4c72-b125-a2ecb4eb88ed
  9. Xbox 1 S console refuses to connect to wifi, even though Xbox 1 sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 S console refuses to connect to wifi, even though Xbox 1 sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT ...: Back in June 2016, I took the plunge and bought a 2nd hand Xbox One... And it has served me well....most of the time. Never had a real problem with its wifi link up with my mobile wifi dongle....
  10. Trying to update my games and they are just sitting in a queue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to update my games and they are just sitting in a queue: An erro pops up on my screen saying 0x0 and the support can't find it and the erro is for my games when I try to update them so I can't play the games it is trying to update...