Skype, a way to make audio come through head phones instead of tv speakers

Discus and support Skype, a way to make audio come through head phones instead of tv speakers in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using the skype app on xbox one. Is there a way to make it to where the audio comes out of the headphone on the included head set instead of the tv... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SectorStar, Jun 13, 2014.

1. SectorStar
    SectorStar Guest

I'm using the skype app on xbox one. Is there a way to make it to where the audio comes out of the headphone on the included head set instead of the tv speakers?

Yeah its nice to have the audo come out through the tv, but I'd like a bit more privacy when I'm not home alone.

:)

SectorStar, Jun 13, 2014
  2. DOITDEUS
    DOITDEUS Guest
    Xbox one and surround sound

I just looked up my Xbox one to my stereo receiver via HDMI. My video comes in perfect but instead of my audio playing through my surroundsound speakers the audio plays through my television speakers instead. When I had my Xbox 360 hooked up the same way
    I was able to get sound through my surroundsound speakers. has anyone else had this problem? If so, please help.

DOITDEUS, Jun 13, 2014
  3. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    My XBOX One Doesnt Want to Install The Audio and I have Tried All the Options Available, I dont know What Am I doing wrong :/

Are you by chance using a surround sound head unit or sound bar for audio instead of the TV's internal speakers? Also, are you trying to utilize a headset brand like Turtle Beaches or simply trying to get the audio to play through the television's speakers?

MattyMidway, Jun 13, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

Skype should automatically route your audio through the headset when it is connected otherwise it will use Kinect and TV. What headset are you using? The console default or one you purchased?

Bazajaytee, Jun 14, 2014
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Skype should automatically route your audio through the headset when it is connected otherwise it will use Kinect and TV. What headset are you using? The console default or one you purchased?
  6. MattyMidway Win User

My XBOX One Doesnt Want to Install The Audio and I have Tried All the Options Available, I dont know What Am I doing wrong :/

Are you by chance using a surround sound head unit or sound bar for audio instead of the TV's internal speakers? Also, are you trying to utilize a headset brand like Turtle Beaches or simply trying to get the audio to play through the television's speakers?
  7. onyxishere Win User

Kinect Chat Won't Work

Sorry to hear it. Can you please head to Settings to make sure that the chat is coming out of the TV speakers instead of the headset? Most likely that is what is causing the issue.
  8. Sovereign Lazio Win User

Is there any way to play chat through "headset and television" like on the 360?

I really hope Microsoft sees this thread and updates the Xbox One's audio settings so that your own voice comes through both the tv speakers and the headset. As a new Youtuber I am very disappointed that I cannot record my own voice on my videos without
    splitting and splicing wires from my headset and controller so that my voice is transmitted through my tv speakers and recorded along with my game and party chat audio from friends. I am using an Elgato Game Capture Card and it only records audio that comes
    through your tv speakers. Since the Xbox One only allows my voice to come through my headset and not my tv speakers I am unable to record my own voice. So this method of splitting wires and using the Kinect microphone causes a reduced quality and an increased
    echo to my voice audio, making my videos have an overall horrible sound to them. By having my voice audio go through both my headset and tv speakers I would be able to record my voice with good quality. If Microsoft truly cares about it's consumers and making
    the Xbox One an "all in one" media center with social media support then it really needs to make the change in allowing players to have their voice chat audio go through both the headset and tv speakers in its next update.
  9. peixe br Win User

Party chat audio

they will not solve your problem. there is no solution and they are **** on it.

if it is to be recorded, sets the audio to come out on the TV speaker. stream and stream your audio through a smartphone.
Thema:

1. Skype, a way to make audio come through head phones instead of tv speakers - Similar Threads - Skype audio through

2. Is it possible to switch a skype account onto a different microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to switch a skype account onto a different microsoft account.: My main skype i have set up recently and have all my contacts on it and wish to use it on xbox one, however the xbox skype keeps going to an old one i don't use and set up 10 years ago in a...
  3. Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]: Hallo ich besitzte eine xbox 360s mit einen kinect sensor aber ich weiß nicht wie ich skype auf der xbox 360 herunterladen kann! _______________________ [Translation - Hello i own a xbox 360s...
  4. Skype is locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype is locked: my skype was locked, I submitted a form a week ago, no one answer me, I answered questions many times, though I have provided with right passwords and right usernames of my contacts for many...
  5. Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]: Estou tentando utilizar o Skype no meu Xbox one, maa ao tentar fazer chamada de vídeo aparece a seguinte Mensagem: webcam esta sendo usada por outro aplicativo no momento. Nenhum outro app esta...
  6. No video from Skype on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No video from Skype on Xbox One: Can't get video from Skype on Xbox One shown on other devices. Web camera (Logitech) works because I can see a little preview video of myself in the bottom right corner of TV screen. Gave all...
  7. Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.: Every time I join a party, my microphone is on 'active'. As in I'm speaking all the time ( without me saying anything or even muting my mic on my headseat). My friends say it's an unbearable...
  8. Compte skype [Translation- account skype]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Compte skype [Translation- account skype]: Bonjour j’ai du crédit sur mon compte mais impossible de passer un appel . D’autre part je ne sais plus comment mettre du crédit car mon numéro de carte a changé. Merci pour vos réponses...
  9. BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...

in XBoX on Windows
    BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...: Hello... My name is [Mod Removed - Personal Information] and I've been the victim of an unknown cyberattacker for over a month. I know he/she has an account here on Skype, but I do NOT. I reached...
  10. Skype Incoming Audio and Ambient Noise Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype Incoming Audio and Ambient Noise Problem: My biggest annoyance with using Skype on my XBOX One is any time that there is a noise in my room during a call, the incoming audio gets cut/muted. This actually seems like some attempt by Skype...