Skype crashes after 1.5hrs of video calls on Series X

Discus and support Skype crashes after 1.5hrs of video calls on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There has been a lot of discussion on here about Skype being instable, maybe Microsoft can take this serious, I mean you keep pushing Skype as your go... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YesMan85, Apr 19, 2021.

1. YesMan85
    YesMan85 Guest

There has been a lot of discussion on here about Skype being instable, maybe Microsoft can take this serious, I mean you keep pushing Skype as your go to platform after all.

Connect a proper webcam (like the Logitech C910) to the Xbox and start a video call, between 1 and 2 hours the Xbox will freeze, often indicating the microphone isn't detected, sometimes can be recovered, but often will go into a full reboot.

I have cleared my Xbox one series X multiple times to no avail, this is NOT happening on a Series One X.

:)

YesMan85, Apr 19, 2021
  2. YesMan85 Win User

I tried this and makes no difference. Tried it on 2 different Xbox One Series X consoles.

Any other tips?
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello YesMan85, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

If the issue is still there, you might want to reinstall it all over again..

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. (Farscape247) Win User

Skype on Xbox Series X crashes

its called Skype, ever since Microsoft purchase Skype years ago it has become the worse program ever.
  5. soccerp1ay3r Win User

3 way video skype

SentientSam,

Yes it is possible to have up to 3 participants on a video call on skype for Xbox One. Here is a link to the support page with the step-by-step to start the video call for 3 people:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-group-video-call

Hopefully this will help you out.
  6. Tool Of God Win User

Snap feature.

Xbox One doesn't do video calls in snap mode. You can Skype voice call someone and talk to them while you game. I do that every time my friend and I play as party chat never works. Just make sure you are not in a party. Then Skype voice call them. After
    they answer, play your game and Skype will continue running, no need to even snap it.
Thema:

1. Skype crashes after 1.5hrs of video calls on Series X - Similar Threads - Skype crashes 5hrs

2. Skype on Xbox Series X crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype on Xbox Series X crashes: When using Skype with a webcam on my Series X, it works fine when there are just two people on the call, but once a third person joins the program crashes constantly. Is this something on my end...
  3. Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video: Hi Microsoft, I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems to occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call. This...
  4. Skype crashing in Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype crashing in Xbox Series X: Whenever I try to make a group video call, it displays and error after 5-10 sec and need to restart the app. Same thibg happening again and again, any workaround?...
  5. Skype crashes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype crashes: Having trouble logging into Skype on Xbox One. I am on the Microsoft preview progarm. I have the Windows 10 interface. Everytime I launch Skype it crashes. fb9111ce-48e1-47ca-bfac-ff9c9fff3e0e
  6. Skype app crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype app crashing: Every time I open the Skype app it crashes. be470606-baaf-457c-9a77-aa93cc2eac49
  7. Skype keeps crashing on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype keeps crashing on Xbox One: So what's the deal with the Skype app on Xbox One? So I've used the Skype app b4 with no problem, now earlier today the app crashed out of nowhere. Now no amount of rebooting/power cycling the...
  8. skype app keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    skype app keeps crashing: when i try to run skype app on my xbox one it keeps crashing ino full screen and snap mode. my xbox one is up do date. 3a931554-4b4d-4ed5-9e8c-232318281a9c
  9. Skype Crashing on Xbox One - Dec 26, 2015

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype Crashing on Xbox One - Dec 26, 2015: The Skype App for Xbox one crashes when signing in to Skype. The recent Skype app updated seemed to fail. Now when launching the Skype App, it will immediately close after launching. I have...
  10. Skype/Games/Other Apps Refuse to open or crash shortly after

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype/Games/Other Apps Refuse to open or crash shortly after: So yesterday everything seemed fine with my xbox except for The ESO was crashing like 75% time i was playing it, i attributed this to the free weekend play. However, I logged on to skype and it...