skype does multiple notifications on Xbox one

Discus and support skype does multiple notifications on Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time someone sends me a video,call or even a text on skype, it does about 4-8 notifications of the same message. Is there anyway to fix this or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by halo2redvsblue, Feb 15, 2014.

1. skype does multiple notifications on Xbox one

Every time someone sends me a video,call or even a text on skype, it does about 4-8 notifications of the same message. Is there anyway to fix this or is this a dashboard update fix?

:)

halo2redvsblue, Feb 15, 2014
  2. Not Getting Skype Notifications

Hi Guys,

Perhaps this is just the way skype works on xbox one, but I have the setting to receive Skype notifications turns on, but I only ever get them while im in the app fullscreen. Meaning if I come home, turn my xbox on and start playing a game and someone tries
    to call me on skype, I do not get a notification on the xbox.

Must I open skype each time I turn on the console to receive notifications?

Under Settings > Preferences I have Show Notifications: On, Skype: On, Message: On, Party: on, Gaming and System: On.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sammy Valencia, Feb 15, 2014
  3. pault2007
    pault2007 Guest
    Xbox one voice commands list

Xbox go to Internet Explorer
    Xbox watch TV
    Xbox answer (when Skype notification comes up during a game)
    Xbox hang up (end Skype call)

pault2007, Feb 15, 2014
  4. skype does multiple notifications on Xbox one

Hello,

You can manage you notifications by going to settings then preferences. You can also manage other options for notifications. Since there is a new system update there may be bugs. Please post them here:

forums.xbox.com/.../2604.aspx

Thanks!

Alliance United, Feb 17, 2014
  5. Alliance United Win User

Hello,

You can manage you notifications by going to settings then preferences. You can also manage other options for notifications. Since there is a new system update there may be bugs. Please post them here:

forums.xbox.com/.../2604.aspx

Thanks!
  6. Claudius.H Win User

Multiple Skype accounts on Xbox One?

It's possible indirectly: If you sign in with multiple Microsoft accounts to your XB1 you will get notifications for chats and calls to come in on all of these. So by switching Microsoft accounts on your Xbox you can switch between their Skype accoutns at
    the same time.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Skype always online

This is taken from the Skype
    FAQ
    's

How do I sign out of Skype?

There is no option to sign out of Skype, unless you sign out from your Xbox account on the console directly. However, you can turn off Skype notifications and set your status to “Invisible.” Here’s how:

1. Open Skype on your Xbox One.
    2. Open your profile and set your status to Invisible.
    3. In Skype, go to Settings and choose Don’t show notifications.
    4. Go back to your Home screen.
    5. Press the Menu button on your controller.
    6. Select Settings.
    7. Go to Preferences, and then clear the Show Skype notifications check box.
  8. Claudius.H Win User

Multiple Skype accounts on Xbox One?

@Hassassinade: You are right, it's not possible to sign out, but at least come very close to that by switching online status to "Invisible" and disabling notifications. Details here:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-faq
  9. Derek_Lakin Win User

Notifications aka Toast pop up Alerts Not working

So (just so we're clear), you're saying that you have notifications for Skype in the Notifications app, but that you didn't see a toast for them when they arrived? And you weren't running Skype at the time the messages arrived?
Thema:

1. skype does multiple notifications on Xbox one - Similar Threads - skype does multiple

2. Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]: Estou tentando utilizar o Skype no meu Xbox one, maa ao tentar fazer chamada de vídeo aparece a seguinte Mensagem: webcam esta sendo usada por outro aplicativo no momento. Nenhum outro app esta...
  3. No video from Skype on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No video from Skype on Xbox One: Can't get video from Skype on Xbox One shown on other devices. Web camera (Logitech) works because I can see a little preview video of myself in the bottom right corner of TV screen. Gave all...
  4. Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.: Every time I join a party, my microphone is on 'active'. As in I'm speaking all the time ( without me saying anything or even muting my mic on my headseat). My friends say it's an unbearable...
  5. Compte skype [Translation- account skype]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Compte skype [Translation- account skype]: Bonjour j’ai du crédit sur mon compte mais impossible de passer un appel . D’autre part je ne sais plus comment mettre du crédit car mon numéro de carte a changé. Merci pour vos réponses...
  6. BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...

in XBoX on Windows
    BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...: Hello... My name is [Mod Removed - Personal Information] and I've been the victim of an unknown cyberattacker for over a month. I know he/she has an account here on Skype, but I do NOT. I reached...
  7. Skype does not install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype does not install: I am trying to install Skype on a new Xbox One. Skype appears as an available app in the "ready to install" menu. On selecting Skype -> Install, Xbox One reverts straight back to the list of...
  8. Windows phone version of this app does not display correctly when in a skype call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows phone version of this app does not display correctly when in a skype call: When you are in a skype call, skype has a permanent banner at the top of the screen showing that you are in a call. All apps adjust for this by dropping down below the skype banner so you can...
  9. Skype -- Does it Actually Work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype -- Does it Actually Work?: I'm logged in, my account is active, my contacts are there -- everything looks fine. Try to make an audio only call. Call connects, but I can't hear the person I'm calling, and they can't hear...
  10. Skype does not bring up correct information

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skype does not bring up correct information: I recently installed Skype for XBOX One S. I have a paid Skype account with a telephone number attached to it. During setup I selected merge the two accounts. There were no error messages and...