Skype question..

Discus and support Skype question.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is it true that you can only have 4 participants at a time in a call? If so, will this be adjusted in the future? 222aa3ce-b759-4759-bc86-4d1b639658fd Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pleasure Master, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Skype question..

Is it true that you can only have 4 participants at a time in a call?

If so, will this be adjusted in the future?

:)

Pleasure Master, Jun 14, 2014
  2. Skype question

When using the skype app on Xbox One, if you are skypeing with a friend and playing a multiplayer game at the same time, your voice is broadcast BOTH in Skype and in-game chat. Also, any in-game chat from other players is also passed through your headset.
    This is both very consfusing and annoying.

I was wondering if it was possible to mute yourself, and all others in-game, whilst you use skype to talk to someone else. I realise you can just mute everyone in-game yourself, but this still means they will hear you talking to someone.

PlatinumSpectre, Jun 14, 2014
  3. Misses Joust
    Misses Joust Guest
    Skype Question

G'day Penguin! Let's get this Skype stuff sorted out. =)

First off, Skype is not currently able to snap into the right column. You can snap other apps while talking on Skype though.

As for the notifications, let's make sure everything is enabled in your console's settings. From the Settings menu, select Preferences, and add a check mark to the Show Skype notifications option.

Are your call notifications not coming through at all, or have you only noticed this behavior in a particular app or game?

Misses Joust, Jun 14, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

Skype question..

You can have four video participants at a time, yes.

I believe you can have more audio chats going if no one is using video.

Bazajaytee, Jun 15, 2014
  5. Misses Joust Win User

Skype Question

G'day Penguin! Let's get this Skype stuff sorted out. =)

First off, Skype is not currently able to snap into the right column. You can snap other apps while talking on Skype though.

As for the notifications, let's make sure everything is enabled in your console's settings. From the Settings menu, select Preferences, and add a check mark to the Show Skype notifications option.

Are your call notifications not coming through at all, or have you only noticed this behavior in a particular app or game?
  6. onyxishere Win User

Skype Question

Sorry but the Kinect Sensor is the only camera that will work with the console. It is worth purchasing the bundle with the sensor though. You can use voice commands to turn your console, TV and stereo equipment on/off and launch games, etc.

IMO it is a fantastic piece of equipment that no console should be without.

However, the option on whether or not to purchase one is entirely up to you.
  7. Derek_Lakin Win User

Skype question

Unfortunately, we don't pre-announce releases/updates, but you shouldn't have to wait too long :)
  8. Bazajaytee Win User

Skype question..

You can have four video participants at a time, yes.

I believe you can have more audio chats going if no one is using video.
  9. PlatinumSpectre Win User

Skype question

Oh right. Glad it's been noticed and will be fixed. Any idea when?
Thema:

Skype question..

1. Skype question.. - Similar Threads - Skype question

2. Is it possible to switch a skype account onto a different microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to switch a skype account onto a different microsoft account.: My main skype i have set up recently and have all my contacts on it and wish to use it on xbox one, however the xbox skype keeps going to an old one i don't use and set up 10 years ago in a...
  3. Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype auf der Xbox 360s [Translation - Skype on the Xbox 360s]: Hallo ich besitzte eine xbox 360s mit einen kinect sensor aber ich weiß nicht wie ich skype auf der xbox 360 herunterladen kann! _______________________ [Translation - Hello i own a xbox 360s...
  4. Skype is locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype is locked: my skype was locked, I submitted a form a week ago, no one answer me, I answered questions many times, though I have provided with right passwords and right usernames of my contacts for many...
  5. Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]: Estou tentando utilizar o Skype no meu Xbox one, maa ao tentar fazer chamada de vídeo aparece a seguinte Mensagem: webcam esta sendo usada por outro aplicativo no momento. Nenhum outro app esta...
  6. No video from Skype on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No video from Skype on Xbox One: Can't get video from Skype on Xbox One shown on other devices. Web camera (Logitech) works because I can see a little preview video of myself in the bottom right corner of TV screen. Gave all...
  7. Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.: Every time I join a party, my microphone is on 'active'. As in I'm speaking all the time ( without me saying anything or even muting my mic on my headseat). My friends say it's an unbearable...
  8. Compte skype [Translation- account skype]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Compte skype [Translation- account skype]: Bonjour j’ai du crédit sur mon compte mais impossible de passer un appel . D’autre part je ne sais plus comment mettre du crédit car mon numéro de carte a changé. Merci pour vos réponses...
  9. Skype Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype Question: Hey Guys not sure if this question has been answered and if so I am sorry. As you guys know Black Friday is coming up which means xbox one is on my radar. I see alot of deals for the xbox one...
  10. Skype question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype question: When using the skype app on Xbox One, if you are skypeing with a friend and playing a multiplayer game at the same time, your voice is broadcast BOTH in Skype and in-game chat. Also, any in-game...