Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!)

Discus and support Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, My Skyrim cloud saves will not fully download to the console. I was playing it 3 days ago and then one morning is said it was synching with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisDuffill, May 13, 2022.

1. ChrisDuffill
    ChrisDuffill Guest

Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!)

Hi all,

My Skyrim cloud saves will not fully download to the console.

I was playing it 3 days ago and then one morning is said it was synching with the cloud. When the game loaded I find I have lost 2 months of gameplay and hundreds of saves. I play this via Game Pass, so obviously I am connected to Live when I play (my console is always online) so this isn't an issue with playing offline or on someone else's console that might cause sync issues)

I have since deleted the local saves (recommended, as it should force all my saves to be downloaded from the cloud) and restarted the console by holding down the power button and disconnecting from the power.

As expected the game then tries to sync with the cloud - it gets to 81% every time and then the sync screen just goes away as if it was all done - and I still don't have my missing saves. It's as though there's a storage limit on the xbox (my HDD is 45% full so I'm talking about an arbitrary limit on the size/number of Skyrim saves?). The only thing I haven't yet tried is either removing my account from the console and/or doing a factory reset on the console.

If anyone from Microsoft is reading - is there a way you can please see if my missing cloud saves are there (I had over 1000 save points - the most recent one I have now is 860). If it is a space management issue that is stopping the remaining saves from being downloaded, perhaps you could remove cloud saves 1-700 so that my other saves can be downloaded?

thanks

Chris

:)

ChrisDuffill, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, ChrisDuffill. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

To retrieve a lost save from the cloud, try to delete the all the game saved data for it to sync again.

- Go to My Games & Apps.
    - Highlight Skyrim.
    - Press the Menu button and select Manage Game and Add-ons.
    - Go to Saved Data and Clear Local Saves.

After that, do a Power Reset on the console, don't wait for the sync:
    - Turn off Xbox and unplug all cables from it.
    - Wait 2 minutes, plug them in again and turn your console on.

After that, press the Xbox button on your controller, and select Settings.
    Navigate to Devices & connections > Blu-ray.
    Select Persistent Storage.
    Select Clear Persistent Storage.

- Then Press the Xbox Button, go to My Games and Apps, select Skyrim, Manage Game & Addons, choose Select all to make sure all available content gets installed.
    - Select Save changes and wait for the content to install.
    - Relaunch the game.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to factory reset your console. If the factory reset doesn't work too, I'm afraid your saves got corrupted on the cloud :(
  3. Daft Badger Win User

forza horizon 2 game save issue on cloud

Chances are you've lost your original save.

For some reason the Forza games can have an issue syncing your saves on the cloud servers.It is rare but it does happen.

It'll get to 99% & fail to sync.

When you try again it will give you the option of 2 saves,if you pick the newer save it will over write your old save & start you from the beginning.

Had this myself on Forza 5 & lost 200 hours of gameplay etc.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Forza Horizon 2 Lost save

Your save is gone i'm afraid.

For some reason Forza 5/Horizon 2 sometimes have an issue syncing with the cloud server,will get to 99% & fail.

If you had tried to sync it again it would of synced properly or given you the option to use an older save.

I feel your pain,i lost a save with about 150 hours worth of gameplay on Forza 5
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft Save Data Problem

Hi SwitchinXbox,

Thanks for coming to the forums again. It seems that your last save from the cloud was not your most recent save that you had saved locally. If this happens, it's usually due to the local save not being properly synced with Xbox Live servers and a soft factory
    reset will clear local cache so your games will re-sync the last save you had from the cloud to your local drive.

Syncing your local saved data to the cloud is done whenever you properly quit the game or restart your Xbox which closes all open games. Keeping a game on standby and then factory resetting the Xbox will not overwrite the data properly to the cloud and it
    won't have the most recent save you had saved locally. Also, you cannot go into your cloud and get a save from an earlier date because the data is constantly overwritten when the game is closed and the data syncs to have the data up to date using an automatic
    process.
  6. Boom B00M Boom Win User

The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC

Thema:

1. Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!) - Similar Threads - Skyrim cloud games

2. Skyrim Add-ons are Missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Add-ons are Missing: Hi I'm here to try to figure out why my add-ons on my Xbox series x for Skyrim are missing when I had bought all three dlc on my Xbox One or Xbox one s way before making a move to one of the newer...
  3. Xbox Cloud Gaming crash in Skyrim.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud Gaming crash in Skyrim.: Hello. I play Skyrim by Xbox Cloud Gaming and was downloading mods, until the server mods page went off the air and after that the game no longer enters. Whenever I try to start the game, either...
  4. xCloud crash in Skyrim after installing mods

in XBoX on Windows
    xCloud crash in Skyrim after installing mods: xCloud crash in Skyrim after installing mods, does not even arrive on the home page of the game, so you can disable the mods. [img] 67b5ca92-0ee8-4b37-a0df-70392d11940f
  5. Xbox Game pass Skyrim V elder scrolls special edition not saying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game pass Skyrim V elder scrolls special edition not saying: My game used to save and now doesn't at all says auto saving but nothing saved do a save and no new save at all need help c69746fc-699c-402b-8cd0-f26c098f2f0a
  6. Skyrim Elder Scrolls V; Anniversary Upgrade suddenly missing items/maps/quests

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Elder Scrolls V; Anniversary Upgrade suddenly missing items/maps/quests: Ive been at this since 830 am this morning, its almost 3 pm. Bethesda refuses to help me and I've just had an eye procedure. I cannot read small print. This has been going on since sunday, and I...
  7. Skyrim keeps crashing on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim keeps crashing on Xbox One: I will be playing and it suddenly freezes and crashes and I have to start over from a previous point. Is there a way to run a memory test or a hardware test at all?...
  8. I bought the disc for Skyrim but when I put it in it tells me that to play this, you'll...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the disc for Skyrim but when I put it in it tells me that to play this, you'll...: I bought the disc for Skyrim but when I put it in it tells me that "to play this, you'll need to buy it". I have it installed and have played the game before on my console. I have reset my console...
  9. I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because...: I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because they're restricted. I have no problem on Xbox but on my pc I'm constantly shut down by restrictions preventing...
  10. TESV Skyrim Special Edition no longer working on Xbox One X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TESV Skyrim Special Edition no longer working on Xbox One X?: TBH, I have always loved Skyrim, but now out of the blue, the game won't load passed the "PRESS ANY BUTTON" screen. I don't have Anniversary Edition, nor do I assume I require it just to play a...