Skyrim in 2 languages

Discus and support Skyrim in 2 languages in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've owned skyrim for a long time and played a few times with mods. Recently I wanted to get back into it so I re-download it along with a few of my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Demoncat130, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Demoncat130
    Demoncat130 Guest

Skyrim in 2 languages

I've owned skyrim for a long time and played a few times with mods. Recently I wanted to get back into it so I re-download it along with a few of my favorite mods. When I started it up I noticed that the language, both written and audio, was in 2 different languages. It shows half in English and half another language I don't know. How can I get it to just be in English again?

:)

Demoncat130, Jan 1, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Downloaded skyrim that i bought in U.S. But language is in spanish

do you mean the us website?

if you have an spanish or mexican account then no skyrim defaults to your local language of your account

there is no multiple language support ingame

its one set language per region or 2 but usually labeled in the game title
  3. trommelfell Win User

Wrong language in Skyrim

The language on my Xbox is right and you can't change the language in Skyrim :(

What else could it be?
  4. ArcuateBloom6 Win User

Skyrim language

Your response war fairly legalistic, the Xbox I bought in Swiss was packaged with English being the dominant language i.e. everything was written in English first with German translation following. The skyrim game was pictured with the English header "FULL
    GAME DOWNLOAD" emblazoned on the picture of skyrim game. The details on the Xbox states local capabilities followed by the phrase "the games on demand supports English". Taking all of this into account I don't think it was unreasonable for me to assume that
    the game would be in English.

So I'd like to understand from your perspective why you would think that I would have expected to be locked into a German only game.

Also, I am not sure whether you are aware that Swutzerland has four official languages , German being just one.
  5. matt1912-96D1F147-4A Win User

Skyrim language

Hi, I can only echo what others have said where this is an issue with the game uploaded to the respective regions, and unfortunately this is not only an issue with skyrim. If anything I suggest making a request that games be available in more/all languages
    on demand in the wish list feedback forum. A few people have done so before, so hopefully if enough voice is heard, a change in language policy can be made for Microsoft. Unfortunately that doesn't help you in the short term.
  6. HassanB Win User

Skyrim language

I'm well aware of the different languages available. If you can't change the language in the game and the language of the game does not change when you change your own billing language as stated
    here. Then there's nothing we can do about it, there's no way to "exchange" a game in a different language.
Thema:

Skyrim in 2 languages

1. Skyrim in 2 languages - Similar Threads - Skyrim languages

2. Skyrim Legendary edition isn't recognised by Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Legendary edition isn't recognised by Series X console: I wanted to get the new version of Skyrim released late last year, and I have the Xbox 360 Legendary version. I thought if I installed it on the Series X it would upgrade to the latest version....
  3. Mod load order for skyrim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mod load order for skyrim: I have Skyrim modded but do not understand how to create correct the load order I have read hundreds and hundreds of hours on how to do it and I'm still too dumb to understand can someone please...
  4. Skyrim title screen issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim title screen issues: So after the last update for Skyrim (digital) the game has severe issues trying to start, it takes forever to just move the cursor to any of the options, and twice as long to select anything. When...
  5. Unable to launch or uninstall Skyrim Special Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch or uninstall Skyrim Special Edition.: So I downloaded Skyrim SE through Game Pass on the Xbox App on PC. I downloaded it on my external hard drive, D:, and when I tried to launch it, it asked for admin permission twice before saying...
  6. Controller issues with Skyrim Special Edition (series s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller issues with Skyrim Special Edition (series s): I’m having an issue I own Skyrim special edition on series s I have the anniversary upgrade to all has been well untill my controller randomly stopped working but it only does this with Skyrim I...
  7. Can not change language for Skyrim (some other games as well)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can not change language for Skyrim (some other games as well): So I don't know how to change language in this game to English. It ignored my "windows language" and "default app language" while installing, which is English. And it ignores me changing...
  8. Skyrim xbox one marketplace language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim xbox one marketplace language: Living in germany and Just saw skyrim is on sale and want to grab it if it's able to be played in english. I know the xbox 360 version wasnt able to and thats why i never played it, same as...
  9. Skyrim language lock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim language lock: So, I bought Skyrim from Kinguin which was region locked to europe. I live in Finland, so I didn't see that as a problem, but when I downloaded the game and played it, the game was locked in...
  10. The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim language selection by a downloaded version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim language selection by a downloaded version: Hey reader, so I've bought (downloaded from xbox store) Skyrim , but I've got a problem with the language. I live in germany so the game is in german language. But I don't really speak german. I...