Skyrim SE crashing during launch

Discus and support Skyrim SE crashing during launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I purchased the Anniversary upgrade for Skyrim SE on the xbox gamepass PC version of the game. About a week ago, my laptop went to sleep... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by goob13579, Dec 31, 2021.

1. goob13579
    goob13579 Guest

Recently, I purchased the Anniversary upgrade for Skyrim SE on the xbox gamepass PC version of the game. About a week ago, my laptop went to sleep while the game was opened. When I “woke up” my laptop the game got stuck at a black screen and I had to force close it through task manager. Ever since then, the game has been stuck at a black screen after launch, shortly followed by the game crashing again. I have already gone through all of the ideas that Microsoft support had for me, and they decided that it must be caused by a problem with the game, rather than my laptop. I have also not been receiving any error codes or any other notifications after the crashes, so I am unsure of how to get the game working again. I have also already tried reinstalling the game and this had no effect. Thank you for any help you can give me, as I have really been looking forward to playing the new Skyrim content that was added.

:)

goob13579, Dec 31, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  3. nicoyo505 Win User

How can someone average 2 kills a minute in jet aircraft ?

Single player was there for me during the early EA server crashes at launch. I'm thankful for that.
  4. Raoni Barbalho Win User

Metro Exodus crashes on launch on Windows 10 Xbox

Trying to launch Metro Exodus on my PC it crashes during startup while showing the initial trademark. Trying to launch it again gives the option to launch in safe mode. Selecting safe mode, the game does launch although the camera is very slow to the mouse
    movement and it is unplayable.

Any ideas on why it crashes on launch?
    I have the same issue... Please anyone help us
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator stuck on loading screen!!

Hi Kreiss97,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have an issue launching a game. You can visit the

known issues for game launches

Hope this helps.

Brad
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 no carga[Translation-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 does not load]

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have an issue launching a game. You can visit the

known issues for game launches

Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Skyrim SE crashing during launch - Similar Threads - Skyrim crashing during

2. Skyrim Special EdItion crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Special EdItion crash: Just did an update to my Skyrim game and when it finishes loading all I get is a black screen and no response from my controller. 9aa9f893-e1ae-46cb-989d-163638397d7f
  3. Skyrim game pass pc crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim game pass pc crashing: Skyrim doesn't stop crashing on my pc and happens the same to other people. Could someone please fix this!!!! 79f60fec-41cd-4d5b-ba0b-fba0dbc7ff47
  4. (Question)Does anyone know a fix for Skyrim SE Crashing all the time

in XboX Insiders
    (Question)Does anyone know a fix for Skyrim SE Crashing all the time: The main reason I bought xbox PC pass was so I could play Fallout 4 and Skyrim. I have looked around the internet and have not found a solution for Skyrim's random crashes. I have tried every...
  5. Xbox Gamepass Skyrim crashing (Skyrim do gamepass crashando)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamepass Skyrim crashing (Skyrim do gamepass crashando): Boa tarde, jogar skyrim tem sido uma tarefa árdua, o jogo fecha sozinho, já fiz todos os tutoriais de internet: mudar qualidade do som abaixar a qualidade dos gráficos jogar sem ser tela cheia...
  6. Skyrim Special Edition crashes whenever I try to quicksave

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Special Edition crashes whenever I try to quicksave: Hello! Recently, I have been having issues with Skyrim crashing upon trying to save my progress (this includes normal saving, quicksaving, and autosaving. I have tried a variety of “solutions” I...
  7. Skyrim crashing entering Solitude

in XboX Insiders
    Skyrim crashing entering Solitude: When I get to gates of Skyrim and try to enter get buzzing sound makes buzzing sound and Skyrim crashes right out and I’m back at xbox Home Screen . Have uninstalled and reinstalled the game ....
  8. Skyrim: SE crashes after completing: Joining the Stormcloaks (no mods)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim: SE crashes after completing: Joining the Stormcloaks (no mods): My Skyrim: Special Edition keeps cr after I take the join the Stormcloaks. I don’t use mods (so it’s vanilla) and have 306 hours played (I know I play ro much) at the time of doing this. I am on...
  9. Skyrim special edition crashes every time a save is made

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skyrim special edition crashes every time a save is made: Hi so i was pkaying skyrim special edition, and i deleted a couple texture mods and now any save thats made crashes the game, I’ve even redownloaded the same mods and it still happens, so i...
  10. Skyrim SE/Fallout 4 on XboxOne/XboxOneX crash on the main menu.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim SE/Fallout 4 on XboxOne/XboxOneX crash on the main menu.: Hello. Sorry for my english, cuz I from Russia. That's problem. Since spring 2018, games Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 (with all addons), Blu-ray disks, cannot be started on any of the consoles...