Slow download speed

Discus and support Slow download speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Slow download speed I have Fios with latest and greatest gateway router with 80/80 speed. When performing network test through the Xbox in the past, I... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Kysdad, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Kysdad
    Kysdad Guest

Slow download speed

Slow download speed
    I have Fios with latest and greatest gateway router with 80/80 speed. When performing network test through the Xbox in the past, I have always had close to 80/80 speed and downloading games has always been fast. After trying to install a game I noticed the
    download was @ 8mbps. when I hooked my computer up to the LAN cable that plugs into the Xbox to perform a fios speed test, I had 80/80 at the computer. Now I used the same Ethernet cable that hooks directly to the Xbox and had 80/80 but when the same cable
    is hooked up to the Xbox I'm getting 8, 20 or 15mbps on download but my upload is always hovering around 79mbps. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I have never had this problem before and I have owned the gateway router for a year and have not made any changes
    to the router or the rest of the home network.

Thank you

:)

Kysdad, Dec 27, 2016
  2. WitcherXIII
    WitcherXIII Guest
    Slow connection

Hi,

My download speed on XBL is really slow causing lag and well slow download speed. It's fine on PC. It's been like this for days.

And sometimes I can't even sign in from slow connection speed. (It's Ethernet connection)

WitcherXIII, Dec 27, 2016
  3. OmG iTz OdiN
    OmG iTz OdiN Guest
    Slow download speeds?

If you have your router/modem or gateway next to : brick walls, glass, entertainment center, micro-wave, major appliances, etc. - this could cause interference and delay for speeds with your WiFi network.

OmG iTz OdiN, Dec 27, 2016
  4. kev0039 Win User

24+ hour installation

My download speed is 1.20 mbps, is this too slow??
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Slow download speeds

Hi,

Did you try resetting your network equipment by any chance? Power off your modem/router for a minute or two then power back up and try the download again.
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Slow Download Speeds?

Hmm, I don't see your gateway on the "Xbox LIVE compatible hardware list". It could be that the gateway itself simply isn't compatible with Xbox
    LIVE. Do you have the option of using hardware that's on the list I linked above?
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Slow Download Speeds?

Hey there Rock! First, just to confirm your network speeds, can you please go to
    http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here.

Additionally, you can set up Background Downloads on your console. This will let you turn the console off and it will continue downloading anything in the queue. Once it's done, it will finish turning the console off. Let us know how that test goes though,
    thanks!
  8. LogieNUFC Win User

Slow download speeds

I checked this last night and it was 54 for download and 5 for upload.
Thema:

Slow download speed

1. Slow download speed - Similar Threads - Slow download speed

2. Slow download speed on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed on Xbox One X: I have 300 mb/s download speed and I'm Hardlined to my gateway with Xfinity. When I do a speedtest through the Xbox, it shows that I am getting what I pay for. However, when it comes to...
  3. Slow download speed for PC Game Pass Outer Worlds

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow download speed for PC Game Pass Outer Worlds: My download speeds (sub 1 MB/s) of The Outer Worlds are much slower than my download speed measured by internet connectivity tests. Is there something wrong? Are servers just overwhelmed?...
  4. Why are the clips I download from the Xbox app really slow and the audio is normal speed?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why are the clips I download from the Xbox app really slow and the audio is normal speed?: I have instagram for my clips of my favorite games and every time i download them and check them out their really slow and the audio is normal speed. Ive been searching around google and youtube...
  5. Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x: why are download speeds so slow on xbox? I have one gig connection hardwired with cat 6 ethernet cable and only get around 150 mbps at best. On ps4 pro and pc getting over 800 mbps on average. I...
  6. Slow download speeds on Xbox (Beta) App for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow download speeds on Xbox (Beta) App for PC: The download speeds on the Xbox app for the PC are extremely slow. If I use the Microsoft Store to download a product (Gears of War 4 for example) i get over 100mb/s download and even reaching...
  7. Xbox one download speed is super slow!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one download speed is super slow!: I checked my internet and I get 200mbps download and my xbox is only getting 10mbps. It takes like a day to download a game and it was not always like this I always used to download games super...
  8. Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update: Hello, after last Alpha Skip ahead I tried downloading game but the download speeds are very slow. I get on average 15-60Mbps when before I got 600-900Mbps. When I do network test it comes back...
  9. 마이크로소프트 스토어 다운로드 속도가 너무 느립니다.. [Translate] Microsoft Store download speeds are too slow.

in XBoX on Windows
    마이크로소프트 스토어 다운로드 속도가 너무 느립니다.. [Translate] Microsoft Store download speeds are too slow.: 100Mbps 를 넘지를 못합니다.. 다른 사이트들은 문 없이 릿 릿 되는데 스 어만 이러네요.. 인터넷 문 는 아닌듯 합니다. 도대체 뭐가 문 인거 ? [img] [Translate by Mod] It cannot exceed 100Mbps. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. It's not a...
  10. Slow download speeds after latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    Slow download speeds after latest update.: Anyone else having really slow download speeds after the newest alpha slip ahead update? Used to get about 100 down but now I only get a maximum of about 10 and installs keep stopping and...