Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S

Discus and support Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S I’ve been noticing very slow download speeds on my Xbox Series S. I have a fibre network connection, and ran a... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SnowyNinja42, Jun 27, 2021.

1. SnowyNinja42
    SnowyNinja42 Guest

I’ve been noticing very slow download speeds on my Xbox Series S. I have a fibre network connection, and ran a speedtest showing around 950 MBps download and 950 MBps upload. When i download a game or app on Xbox, that number drops to around 50-100 MBps. It sometimes gets to 350-400, but it’s rare. Are the microsoft servers just slow?

:)

SnowyNinja42, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading digital games

Your download speed is also highly dependant on what speed you get from your ISP. How can MS improve download speeds, if your connections are slow. Do you even know what your speeds are?

I'm on 120Mb/s down 10Mb/s up. No slow downloads here. As for an HD iTunes movie, they are typically around 3GB, a typical Xbox One game is between 10 and 50GB.
  3. SteveGoesInski Win User

Cannot download Gears of War.

cleared*. Is it the USB drive that's failing or maybe my download speed. My download speed on my computer is 21 mb/s but does that translate over to my xbox? Cause the download is going fairly slow.
  4. taidara Win User

How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S

Hello dear Xbox support

I have a problem on my Xbox one S, the problem is slow internet speed, its between 200kB/s and 80kB/s, and the problem start before 10 days ago.

I tried to solve this problem by :

1- restarting Xbox and still download slow.

2- restarting my router but still the same problem.

3- unplug the wired cable and plug it again, but still the same problem.

4- connecting my Xbox to wifi connection, same problem.

5- testing my internet speed on my laptop by using the same cable (wired connection) and the speed is like usual 1.5 mB/s, and upload is 220 kB/s.

6- change wifi password and disconnect all devices from connecting to my internet, still the same slow damn download speed.

7- trying to test my internet speed on Xbox and my internet speed was : 9.19 mbps, and that's my natural internet speed, so the problem not from my internet provider.

8- trying to re-download the games that I want to download and updates, still the same **** download speed.

9- trying downloading new games, same slow download speed.

10- testing some DNS's, nothing new, same slow download speed.

11- resetting my xbox one S (not full reset) and trying to download games and updates, same problem.

I tried anything you can imagine, any new ideas guys ?
    Now i just bought red dead redemption, imagine how time I need to download 101GB with 80kB/s speed!

There's one think I can tell is Xbox limited download speed from their servers, and I'm from morocco.

I hope I can solve this problem. and By the way yesterday I want to download microsoft edge for testing, and the download speed was the same as on my Xbox xD, 80kB/s. and I'm downloading and watching movies with 1.2mB/s
    Are you connected through landline, or through a celllular service?

Since Marocco is not among the countries/regions where the Live service is supported, so how do you connect your console to Xbox Live? Through a VPN service?
  5. ouchekkirabdelmouain Win User

How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S

Hello dear Xbox support

I have a problem on my Xbox one S, the problem is slow internet speed, its between 200kB/s and 80kB/s, and the problem start before 10 days ago.

I tried to solve this problem by :

1- restarting Xbox and still download slow.

2- restarting my router but still the same problem.

3- unplug the wired cable and plug it again, but still the same problem.

4- connecting my Xbox to wifi connection, same problem.

5- testing my internet speed on my laptop by using the same cable (wired connection) and the speed is like usual 1.5 mB/s, and upload is 220 kB/s.

6- change wifi password and disconnect all devices from connecting to my internet, still the same slow damn download speed.

7- trying to test my internet speed on Xbox and my internet speed was : 9.19 mbps, and that's my natural internet speed, so the problem not from my internet provider.

8- trying to re-download the games that I want to download and updates, still the same **** download speed.

9- trying downloading new games, same slow download speed.

10- testing some DNS's, nothing new, same slow download speed.

11- resetting my xbox one S (not full reset) and trying to download games and updates, same problem.

I tried anything you can imagine, any new ideas guys ?
    Now i just bought red dead redemption, imagine how time I need to download 101GB with 80kB/s speed!

There's one think I can tell is Xbox limited download speed from their servers, and I'm from morocco.

I hope I can solve this problem. and By the way yesterday I want to download microsoft edge for testing, and the download speed was the same as on my Xbox xD, 80kB/s. and I'm downloading and watching movies with 1.2mB/s
    Are you connected through landline, or through a celllular service?

Since Marocco is not among the countries/regions where the Live service is supported, so how do you connect your console to Xbox Live? Through a VPN service?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using cellular connection (4G), without any VPN or proxy ...

and yes i'm connecting to xbox live
  6. Nursemorph Win User

xbox app giving slow speed after 16gb of download.

I was testing earlier as someone else was having slow speeds... the XBox App, for me, gives me downloads speeds around 10% of my maximum line speed, as opposed to the STore which runs at 80-90%.

Try downloading the game/s from the Store direct and see what speeds you get
Thema:

1. Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Slow Download speeds

2. Forza horizon 5 Slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 Slow download speed: I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 5 since 5 days but always the download speed is so low for this game. I tried downloading other games on xbox app and got a speed of 5MB/s to 10MB/s. But the...
  3. Game pass slow download speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass slow download speeds: If i download games on gamepass my download speeds are topping out at around 5 MB/s, whilst on steam i top out at about 50-60 MB/s. I've tried a couple things including Delivery Optimization,...
  4. Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds): Hi! I have my Xbox Series S for over a year now, and since 2 days ago, I had poor network performance on it. The download speeds are around 10MB, usually they are around 100MB +. The upload speed...
  5. Optimum slow download speeds in Westchester, NY - only with Xbox though!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optimum slow download speeds in Westchester, NY - only with Xbox though!: Hi everyone, Wondering if anyone has the same issue… I activated the service last week (1 Gig) and the first thing I noticed was that the download speed for Xbox seems to be capped at 175 mbps,...
  6. Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App: I recently got Game Pass and have been trying to install some games. The download speeds are absolutely horrendous on this app. It fluctuates between 300-900 KB/s on a 400+ Mb/s connection. Every...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 slow download speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 slow download speeds: Not able to install Forza Horizon 5 from the xbox app or microsoft store, the download speed is just too low even though my internet connection is working fine with a stable download and upload...
  8. Series X Slow Download Speed Over Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Slow Download Speed Over Ethernet: I have my series X wired with a cat 6 to my router, which is a 1.5 gb plan. I know the xbox can only take 1gb. Even so, when I run the network speed test in the Xbox settings, I'm getting 100mbps....
  9. Slow/inconsistent download speeds

in XboX Insiders
    Slow/inconsistent download speeds: I'm on Alpha and game downloads/update speeds are ridiculously slow or just plain inconsistent. They'll range all the way from 90+ Mbps all the way down to 1 Mbps or lower. This is on a 100/100...
  10. Slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed: I have a 600mbps download speed that’s hardwired into my Xbox one. I close all apps and games prior to starting a download and will check my network speed in setting which shows my Xbox download...