Slow download speeds on consoles

Discus and support Slow download speeds on consoles in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Over the last couple weeks I have really slow download speeds on the consoles but the speed test is good and the download speed on the pc is fine as... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Empty_Slide9666, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:12 PM.

1. Slow download speeds on consoles

Over the last couple weeks I have really slow download speeds on the consoles but the speed test is good and the download speed on the pc is fine as well. Tried everything I can think of...Please help!!

submitted by /u/Empty_Slide9666
    [link] [comments]

/u/Empty_Slide9666, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:12 PM
  2. DanielKing221 Win User

Fifa 20

If you have a fast internet speed but a slow download, try closing all open games and apps. Your console slows the download whenever you're using the console, so try making sure you have nothing open!
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.

Please check the troubleshooting steps for slow downloads here: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...eshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one

Also be aware, that if you are playing an online game, or streaming a video, the Xbox automatically throttles the download in the background to give you more bandwidth for your actual game you're playing or video you're watching.

Additionally, sometimes the console verifies parts of the download and unpacks them, and depending on what else your hard drive is doing, that verification and unpacking can take some time, during which the console is not actually downloading from the net,
    "confusing" the download speed indicator, as nothing is downloading currently, and it shows "slower" download speeds, as there is no new data incoming.

Is that slow download speed specific to CoD or are other downloads also slow?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one X download speeds

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Are you connecting the console to the network through an ethernet cable or WiFi? The ethernet cord will give a better download speed. There are different categories of ethernet cords that allocate different
    speeds. An example is the CAT6 which allows a Gigabit of download speed. We recommend making sure there are no applications, games or other downloads that are active as this can slow down the overall download speed. The article entitled

Troubleshoot Slow Game or App Downloads
    is able to provide more information about this issue. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. Daft Badger Win User

The speed of downloading games is very low/Скорость скачивания игр очень низкая

If your broadband/internet speeds are slow then that's down to you to sort out if you can.It's not Microsofts problem.

The way gaming is now with updates,patches etc. you are going to have issues if you have slow internet speeds.

You can set your console to download updates etc. if it's in "instant on" mode in the power settings & it will download updates when they are released,even if the console is off.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

having download issues

Hey there Bigs XXL,

Are you seeing this when playing another game online or using a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu? The download speeds prioritize based on what you're doing on the console during the download. So if you're playing online or watching Netflix, your download
    speeds will vary due to the console trying to ensure you have a lag free experience in multiplayer.
    This guide can also help with slow speed troubleshooting.
Thema:

Slow download speeds on consoles

1. Slow download speeds on consoles - Similar Threads - Slow download speeds

2. Download speed on my Xbox series X is very slow!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed on my Xbox series X is very slow!: I recently bought an Xbox series X in Texas, US, I was staying x-mas at my brother's. All ok but, I noticed that playing online was very laggy, at first I thought that was the Wi-Fi or ISP my...
  3. Super slow download speeds on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Super slow download speeds on Xbox Series S: I just bought a new xbox series s, and as excited i was when i unboxed it, as disappointed i got when the dowbload speeds were so low, i havent even saw somethong like that in 15 years. 20-60kbps,...
  4. Xbox series x slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x slow download speed: Hello! I have a GB speed internet connection through Verizon fios. I have the Xbox Series X. I am hard-wired. my download speed sucks on games... sometimes i reach 450, often I'm at 120... makes...
  5. Series X Extremely Slow Download Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Extremely Slow Download Speed: As the title says, what is going on Microsoft? Why are you guys throttling download speeds? I have a 500mb connection. I've been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 for over 4 hours with a...
  6. Series X download speed slows when in pressing any buttons

in XboX Insiders
    Series X download speed slows when in pressing any buttons: My Xbox Series X gets fast spurts of speed of 150Mbps(my max ISP speed) but then if I'm using the buttons on the controller the speed dips, if I'm looking at my queue the speed slows down too,...
  7. Suddenly have slow download speed on xbox 360 after getting new att u-verse router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly have slow download speed on xbox 360 after getting new att u-verse router: I replaced my old att modem router with new one and now my xbox 360 s only gets 5 for wifi and 3.5 for download is there a setting that I need to change? 9c4703c0-612a-4d99-a11d-53f76fb0f35d
  8. Why are my XBOX 1 X download speeds so slow (WIRED CONNECTION)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my XBOX 1 X download speeds so slow (WIRED CONNECTION): This has been going on for months and has finally triggered me. My download speeds on my laptop, desktop, and cell phone are all 100+ mbps on WIFI. This is consistent and doesn't change. My...
  9. xbox series x slow wired download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x slow wired download speed: My console wired connected. Download speed is about 13-17mbps when i download games, but in the edge browser speed is normal, about 150mbps. What can i do to solve this problem? [img] [img]...
  10. Slow download speed on xbox for years

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed on xbox for years: I don't think I need to introduce this topic to anyone by this point. Got an update for a game at around 40gb, standard stuff. But for that update to take 7 hours with a download speed of 70kbps...