Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

Discus and support Slow download speeds on specific fast connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EdwardWarrington, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:33 PM.

1. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would download at 40mbps. Even more confusing, when I connect to my phone hotspot I get downloads at 60mpbs
    (the same as the speed given on the on device connection test).

:)

EdwardWarrington, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:33 PM
    1 person likes this.
  2. NaZoooom Win User

3. twodollars74 Win User

Slow download times!

Ethernet cable then tried wirelessly same result. Slow. When I download on the xbox one the speeds are fast. It too is connected via an Ethernet cable.
  4. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Game download size and also download time

Also, the time it takes to download extremely large games is outrageous! One could have the fastest connection on the planet, and yet running through Live, where the download speed appears to be throttled down, takes FOREVER! For a company that appears to
    be moving toward all-digital content, this seems counterproductive. Why?
    For the most part, download speed and the time it takes a game to fully download is entirely dependant on the connection speed provided by your service provider. If the connection from your Internet provider is slow, then your games will download slow.

For users with fast connections, it doesn't take forever. On my connection, I can download a typical game in around 40 minutes. I downloaded Gears 4 in an hour.

What is your connection speed? Go to Speedtest.net and post your speed results here.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?

This support page Explains slow game or app downloads.

Is it at all possible for you to go to a friends place or somewhere you can connect console (wired) to a network with fast speed and do your downloads?
Thema:

1. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection - Similar Threads - Slow download speeds

2. Xbox download speed EXTRA slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox download speed EXTRA slow: I'm trying to download the new Call of Duty update, but I'm getting a steady 500 Kbps. I regularly have insanely fast internet speeds, and still should, as my download speed is 230 Mbps. I use...
  3. Game Update / Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Update / Slow Download Speeds: Why is it that when I go to update a game patch, i am getting 300kpbs download speed? I am on ATT fiber getting 800mpbs download speeds and 300mpbs upload speeds. I am wired through LAN on the...
  4. Xbox slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox slow download speeds: Recently my xbox has been having slow download speeds of 5 mb/s to 100 kb/s however when i test network speed and statistics my download speed is always 70+ mb/s and ive tried restarting xbox and...
  5. Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds: Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect. Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you...
  6. Slow downloading on Xbox One X despite good download speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow downloading on Xbox One X despite good download speeds: I'm attempting to update games on my Xbox One X and getting very slow speeds between 100kbps and 500kbps. I have decent internet and all my devices are receiving around 25mbps except my console. I...
  7. Slow download speed on microsoft store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow download speed on microsoft store.: I literally tried every damn thing they said, powershell command uninstalling antivirus software cmd commands BITS wsreset Still no change, I'm trying to download forza horizon 4 and it...
  8. Slow download speeds on windows store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Slow download speeds on windows store: I literally tried every damn thing they said, powershell command uninstalling antivirus software cmd commands BITS wsreset Still no change, I'm trying to download forza horizon 4 and it...
  9. slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    slow download speed: i am getting slow dowload speed from 2 months in xbox one s and xbox pc beta .Dowloads are taking longer more than a day for 50gb but when i am installing from epic or orgin in pc downloads are...
  10. Xbox One S Slow Download Speed (Google Fiber)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Slow Download Speed (Google Fiber): I've recently moved to a new apartment and set up Google Fiber as my internet service. My Xbox One S is connected directly to the network box via Ethernet cable (cat-5e). Gaming is working great,...