Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E?

Discus and support Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, Recently bought an XBOX 360 S (Gears of War 3 edition, brand new, pretty sweet), and I'm having a crapton of internet problems with it out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XAGMNINETY, May 27, 2018.

1. XAGMNINETY
    XAGMNINETY Guest

Hey all,

Recently bought an XBOX 360 S (Gears of War 3 edition, brand new, pretty sweet), and I'm having a crapton of internet problems with it out of the box.

I have an old XBOX 360 E I bought used from Gamestop 5 years ago that I'm using as a comparison for network settings, and the results are disturbing.

Right now, my E is getting 25/15 splits for D/U speeds, with a "Wi-Fi Speed" (no idea what this actually is) at 65 Mbps. I'm going to give this guy to my mom as a pretty sweet Netflix/Hulu Machine.

The Fenix (S) is far, far worse in terms of connection speeds. Although packet loss is still 0 and connection strength is still at 100%, the speeds have absolutely tanked. I'm getting 9 Mbps upload, but only .7 Mbps download, and the mysterious "WiFi Speed"
    at a mere 2 Mbps, as opposed to the 65.

Is the "WiFi Speed" a sort of cap that needs to be removed or something? Aren't the S and the E exactly the same from a hardware standpoint, minus a few cost-cutting restructures and pulled ports? The consoles are running (both simultaneously and not, I've
    tried both to rule out interference) about 4 feet away from one another, on the same connection. Is it a router porting problem, or an issue with compatibility? I've been hammering my head against the wall for hours and am stuck.

Pretty worried, as the Gears console was not cheap.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

X

:)

XAGMNINETY, May 27, 2018
  2. Slow internet equals sadness -_-

I'm in Australia and have the forced NBN which is complete s%^t in comparison to what I used to have. Like I mean the slowest internet on the highest price, soon the entire country will be in this situation. Real download speed is about 4mb per second, real
    upload speed is about 1mb per second. My vodaphone network data is actually faster.

RedEye Expr3ss, May 27, 2018
  3. MRTRADE12
    MRTRADE12 Guest
    Slow download speed

Hi. Yesterday bought a new Xbox One. Trying to download a game, but download is really very slow. I have 100 Mbps Internet speed, but Xbox shows me 90 Mbps to upload and about 10 to download, that's odd. Downloading content on 360 is much more faster.
    I am using both wired and wireless connections, the result is result same: download is very very slow.

MRTRADE12, May 27, 2018
  4. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Games & Apps switching lag

How good is your internet? I have 100mb/s download speed and 10mb/s upload speed. Is your console hardwired to your home network via Ethernet cable, or wireless and are multiple people/devices using the internet at the same time.

Also remember Xbox 1 only has a slow 1.75Ghz clocked processor (AMD Jaguar 8 core APU). More cores means a processor can handle more apps simultaneously, but how FAST it can handle it.... also depends on the clock speed.
  6. DanielKing221 Win User

Fifa 20

If you have a fast internet speed but a slow download, try closing all open games and apps. Your console slows the download whenever you're using the console, so try making sure you have nothing open!
  7. DaveBurn Win User

Draytek Draytek- Vigor2500: Why I can't download with 1 gb/s on my xbox one x?

Download speed is always as fast as the slowest connection.

I have a 500Mb/s connection, but generally only see downloads on the Xbox hitting about 150Mb/s.

Under a connection test on the Xbox it does confirm my connection speed, but I can only assume that the servers the downloads come from don't allow that fast a connection.

Dave
  8. twodollars74 Win User

Slow download times!

Ethernet cable then tried wirelessly same result. Slow. When I download on the xbox one the speeds are fast. It too is connected via an Ethernet cable.
Thema:

1. Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E? - Similar Threads - Slow Download Speeds

2. : Help download speed on xbox series x is very slow

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Help download speed on xbox series x is very slow: : Help download speed on xbox series x is very slow Hello. I don't know how to fix this. My isp is hughesnet. We're using a gateway . But our download speeds on xbox is less than 5 mbs. On our...
  3. PC Xbox Game Pass - Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox Game Pass - Slow Download Speeds: So how is it with other launchers like steam, origin etc that if im downloading a game, I typically will get very close to my max download. usually between 70-80MB/s Xbox game pass (always been...
  4. Slow download speed on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow download speed on Xbox Series X: Sorry if this question has been asked a lot in the past but is there a reason why my download speeds are dreadfully slow? For a couple of mins, it could be 20MBs per second and then it drops down...
  5. Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed: Hello guys, i have a gigabit speed and my connection on speedtest is: [img] but on windows store and xbox app the download is so slow. On xbox app i do 1 mb/s, when i should do 120 mb/s. I...
  6. x series x slow download speed ang lag ingame!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    x series x slow download speed ang lag ingame!!: tried everything .... nothing helps .. theres a bug or hardware problem ?i saw it s all over the internet this 3e58fab4-ae41-40d5-8b03-6d302c0c9eb5
  7. Extremely slow download speed from Microsoft Store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Extremely slow download speed from Microsoft Store.: Well my problem is quite obvious from the title. For starters I have a 1000Mbit/s internet connection which averages about 900-1000Mbit/s from speedtest.net. I download around 70-110 Mbit/s from...
  8. Xbox one slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one slow download speeds: My Xbox one has fast download test speeds, but the games itself Downloading are very slow. What is causing this? Wired connection, 500mbps speed test, 100kbps download speeds on average. First gen...
  9. Xbox Series X slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X slow download speed: Hi, wondering if anyone can help. I’m getting really slow download speed on the series x. I have 500mb internet coming into the house. When i run speed test on xbox i always get around...
  10. Super slow download speed of Xbox exclusive apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Super slow download speed of Xbox exclusive apps.: Since the console update yesterday (OS 10.0.19041.6644 xb_flt_2103vb.210212-1600) things just seem a tad slow. Download speed and ability of apps specifically. I can update games at 20-80mbps...