Slow download

Discus and support Slow download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wonder why the downloads from the games on demand store are so incredibly slow for me. After downloading for an hour I have downloaded 10 % of a 7.5... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dexmael, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Dexmael
    Dexmael Guest

Slow download

I wonder why the downloads from the games on demand store are so incredibly slow for me.

After downloading for an hour I have downloaded 10 % of a 7.5 gigabyte game. that's a whopping 200 kb a second this is ridiculously slow. When I download a game from steam it's maxing out my broadband connection at 6 or 7 mb a second. How the hell am I supposed
    to download Xbox One games that are 35 gigs in a reasonable time I wonder. Is there a setting on my box that's wrong and the reason for this travesty or is the Games on Demand store just really slow.

:)

Dexmael, Mar 17, 2014
  2. daveheckler
    daveheckler Guest
    SLOW DOWNLOADS

Just bought Mass Effect Game on Demand through XBOX Live. The download is incredibly slow, maybe 1% every few minutes. I know the download is close to 7 gigs, but I downloaded a 2 gig demo just two days ago in a bout 5-10 minutes. I have a cable internet
    connection (8.5Mbps) and the xbox is wired directly to the router. I just watched a netflix movie on the xbox without any problems (as expected the game download paused), so I know the internet connection is fine.

In terms of trouble shooting, I've canceled and restarted the download. I've also cleared out the memory on my console and cleared the system cache, restarted the console and restarted the download. Still no improvement.

Is the slow download related to XBOX Live service disruption?

daveheckler, Mar 17, 2014
  3. K@lp$
    K@lp$ Guest
    slow downloads

Hi there,

Are you using WiFi connection or wired connection to connect to Xbox Live?

Basically your download speed depends on your internet download speed.

It your internet is not a High Speed Internet service, it may take some time to finish your download. If you have a High Speed Internet, try using wired connection.

K@lp$, Mar 17, 2014
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox wont update or install games

5. SilentGuy711 Win User

Slow downloads

Its microsofts servers dude trust me, go get your money back and buy a PC.

Customer service will only lead you to some BS and try to persuade you. Then after your convinced its on your end the servers start working flawlessly when you have changed nothing. F that. Go get something that works bro.
  6. johnnydigsgirls Win User

Slow Downloads?

Have a go at pausing the download and re-starting, don't worry it will keep you're progress, it worked for me on a really slow download...
  7. I Lap Veyrons Win User

Slow download.

I'm wired but its only xbox downloads and downloads specifically that take longer. My friend who have far worse internet than me download much faster than I do.
  8. BlurOfBlaze Win User

SLOW Downloads

Only thing I can think of is it's your bandwith or service provider if you have multiple devices that use internet in the house that could slow it down too. You might need to upgrade your Modem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Thema:

Slow download

1. Slow download - Similar Threads - Slow download

2. Fortnite download slow but other games download fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite download slow but other games download fine: Fortnite update downloading at around 1000kb/s - 2mb/s while others at 55 mb/s any fix? Tried updating other games and they downloaded fine. 320e0d09-b55e-4a55-9411-bb89529d6547
  3. Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads

in XboX Insiders
    Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads: I have a 400 Mbit line and typically get around 150 MBit on Xbox. Right now I am downloading Pinball FX3 on the newest Alpha version and the speed constantly switches between 1,47 MB/Sec and...
  4. Xbox Desktop App Downloads Painfully Slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Desktop App Downloads Painfully Slow: As the title suggests, the Xbox app downloads extremely slowly to my normal download speeds. I tried to install two games recently (being Gears of War 4 & 5 ) to PC with my PC Xbox Game Pass....
  5. MW Beta slow download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW Beta slow download: I uninstalled the beta during the issues and reinstalled. After 2 hrs im still only at 4%. I have 1GB fios which is showing 760 down in the network test. Any solutions??? Will take over 24hrs at...
  6. Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x: why are download speeds so slow on xbox? I have one gig connection hardwired with cat 6 ethernet cable and only get around 150 mbps at best. On ps4 pro and pc getting over 800 mbps on average. I...
  7. Gears 5 slow to download on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 slow to download on pc: Hi I am trying to download Gears 5 from the xbox beta app with the standard game pass. when i click on install it will download about 300MB of the game and just stop then after about 10 mins it...
  8. Slow download speeds on Xbox (Beta) App for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Slow download speeds on Xbox (Beta) App for PC: The download speeds on the Xbox app for the PC are extremely slow. If I use the Microsoft Store to download a product (Gears of War 4 for example) i get over 100mb/s download and even reaching...
  9. Xbox one download speed is super slow!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one download speed is super slow!: I checked my internet and I get 200mbps download and my xbox is only getting 10mbps. It takes like a day to download a game and it was not always like this I always used to download games super...
  10. Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update: Hello, after last Alpha Skip ahead I tried downloading game but the download speeds are very slow. I get on average 15-60Mbps when before I got 600-900Mbps. When I do network test it comes back...