Slow download

Discus and support Slow download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wonder why the downloads from the games on demand store are so incredibly slow for me. After downloading for an hour I have downloaded 10 % of a 7.5... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dexmael, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Dexmael
    Dexmael Guest

Slow download

I wonder why the downloads from the games on demand store are so incredibly slow for me.

After downloading for an hour I have downloaded 10 % of a 7.5 gigabyte game. that's a whopping 200 kb a second this is ridiculously slow. When I download a game from steam it's maxing out my broadband connection at 6 or 7 mb a second. How the hell am I supposed
    to download Xbox One games that are 35 gigs in a reasonable time I wonder. Is there a setting on my box that's wrong and the reason for this travesty or is the Games on Demand store just really slow.

:)

Dexmael, Mar 17, 2014
  2. daveheckler
    daveheckler Guest
    SLOW DOWNLOADS

Just bought Mass Effect Game on Demand through XBOX Live. The download is incredibly slow, maybe 1% every few minutes. I know the download is close to 7 gigs, but I downloaded a 2 gig demo just two days ago in a bout 5-10 minutes. I have a cable internet
    connection (8.5Mbps) and the xbox is wired directly to the router. I just watched a netflix movie on the xbox without any problems (as expected the game download paused), so I know the internet connection is fine.

In terms of trouble shooting, I've canceled and restarted the download. I've also cleared out the memory on my console and cleared the system cache, restarted the console and restarted the download. Still no improvement.

Is the slow download related to XBOX Live service disruption?

daveheckler, Mar 17, 2014
  3. K@lp$
    K@lp$ Guest
    slow downloads

Hi there,

Are you using WiFi connection or wired connection to connect to Xbox Live?

Basically your download speed depends on your internet download speed.

It your internet is not a High Speed Internet service, it may take some time to finish your download. If you have a High Speed Internet, try using wired connection.

K@lp$, Mar 17, 2014
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Télécharger un jeu[Download a game]

Hi Pappybubu,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing a slow download for Tom Clancy's The Division 2. To troubleshoot slow downloads and network speeds, please check out this article:

Troubleshoot Slow Game & App Downloads - Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  5. InsanKilla clan Win User

downloaded update took 2 mins now im installing it taken 45 mins to do 60%

6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox wont update or install games

7. Raison detre Xx Win User

New DLC out now

[quote user="ianbann82"]

up in UK but very slow download

[/quote]

It was a very slow download for me in the US too. Maybe because of the size and how many people are downloading it at one time.
  8. XxTEELBOYxX Win User

Downloads slow?

Sometimes like a computer, the xbox has background processes that overload the CPU and cause the downloads to slow down. However, there are also parts in each download that are slowed intebtionally due to the aspect of the download section it is at.
Thema:

Slow download

1. Slow download - Similar Threads - Slow download

2. Slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed: My two sons own an xbox1 each. The slightly older box used to download games fine but now is running at 50Kbps. I have both running at the same time downloading a Fortnite update, one at 50 Kbps...
  3. Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network: Hi all, For the last couple of months I've been experiencing EXTREMELY slow download speeds. A picture of my Xbox download speed, and my game download speeds is enclosed. I've tried everything...
  4. Gamepass app on pc slow download speeds

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepass app on pc slow download speeds: Has anybody else been experiencing really slow download speeds with the gamepass app for pc? For example I downloaded fallout 76 yesterday on WiFi and then plugged into my router. I have a 350...
  5. Super slow download speed on Xbox App(Xbox game pass PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Super slow download speed on Xbox App(Xbox game pass PC): Hi, guys, So I just purchased xbox game pass PC - but I'm having problems with downloading any game. My download speed is around 200 kbts/s, which is just crazy as in steam I get 50-80 mbts/s....
  6. Why is my download so slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my download so slow: [img] [img] I don't understand why it's like this eb2de7a1-dd9c-4b07-a7ff-d4510be72d54
  7. Xbox One Download and Upload speed really slow and totally below internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Download and Upload speed really slow and totally below internet speeds: Been trying to download games and updates over the last couple of days and it’s just taking ages to download anything. My download speeds have ranged anywhere between 300 Kbps to 2.5 Mbps. Carried...
  8. Games download slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games download slow: When i try to update certain games or apps they will download at 50 kbps even though download speed is 30+mbps 778137cd-ed98-4825-b98b-f540ea9a0f44
  9. Help Solve The Mystery Of Slow Xbox Live Downloads

in XboX Insiders
    Help Solve The Mystery Of Slow Xbox Live Downloads: Relevant Technology Stack: Comcast/Xfinity Gigabit service Rebooted Router, Modem and Xbox during incident Service speed verified during incident using multiple speed test sites. Xbox One X in...
  10. certain downloads getting slow. What can it be?

in XboX Insiders
    certain downloads getting slow. What can it be?: after the last update of the insider, I am not able to download certain updates. I'm trying to update my call of duty (warzone) but the download is in kbps, if I try to download or update anything...