Slow downloads in stanby? Try this!

Discus and support Slow downloads in stanby? Try this! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If downloads are slow for you while in standby and on wifi, try running hard wired insteqd of wifi. Got my downloads up from 250 mb an hour to 4-5 gb... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boodaggy, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Boodaggy
    Boodaggy Guest

If downloads are slow for you while in standby and on wifi, try running hard wired insteqd of wifi. Got my downloads up from 250 mb an hour to 4-5 gb an hour. What it should be.

:)

Boodaggy, Mar 4, 2015
  2. dcomley
    dcomley Guest
    SLOW DOWNLOADS

Hello davedawg714,

Sorry to hear about the download speed issues. The troubleshooting you have done is a good start and should help narrow down the problem. If you haven't tried this already, could you please try and restart your router/modem and then re-connect to Xbox LIVE
    and try again? Also are you or anyone in your household using any other Internet connected devices at the time? If someone is doing something on the Internet at the time (like downloading or transferring files), it will be using up bandwidth and may impact
    on download speeds over Xbox LIVE.

If none of that works, try this. Could you try connecting your Xbox directly to your cable modem and bypass the router? This is just as a test to narrow down where the problem is occurring.

Please let us know how you go and good luck!

dcomley, Mar 4, 2015
  3. Primenay
    Primenay Guest
    Really Slow downloads?

I will try this and post back. Thanks for the suggestions!

Primenay, Mar 4, 2015
  4. Slow downloads in stanby? Try this!

Hey there, Boodaggy! Thanks so much for posting up this suggestion! This is definitely something that we ensure users try before anything else so that we can rule out wireless connections as an issue. Slow downloads in stanby? Try this! :)

Since you've got a spot on answer, I'm going to verify myself to mark this as answered. Seeing as these are support forums, I'm going to lock this down so that we can encourage users to create their own thread instead of posting in here asking you for advice.
    However, if you see users having issues downloading while wireless, do not hesitate to pop in there and see if they can wire it up! Slow downloads in stanby? Try this! :D

Thanks so much for understanding. :3

Misses Quinzel, Mar 5, 2015
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Boodaggy! Thanks so much for posting up this suggestion! This is definitely something that we ensure users try before anything else so that we can rule out wireless connections as an issue. :)

Since you've got a spot on answer, I'm going to verify myself to mark this as answered. Seeing as these are support forums, I'm going to lock this down so that we can encourage users to create their own thread instead of posting in here asking you for advice.
    However, if you see users having issues downloading while wireless, do not hesitate to pop in there and see if they can wire it up! :D

Thanks so much for understanding. :3
  6. ngocphi Win User

Trying to download Halo5,and its taking all day

Along with if you background your downloads it slows down your download speed and you are talking about a 50gig download if you bought it digitally
  7. MRizkBV Win User

Slow downloading

Please make sure your Xbox One console is connected using an Ethernet cable, not wireless. If it is already connected using Ethernet try changing the DNS used by the console (Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced > DNS > Manually).

Try 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 then restart the console. If this doesn't make it better please try 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4.
  8. xEnvoy of Chaos Win User

Downloads are slow

It also could be related to the amount of people using your connection when you try to download, if other people are on the internet in your home when you try to download something it's going to go slower.
  9. megadawn Win User

Downloads are slow

It usually depends on your Internet speed maybe try downloading a demo with no other computers on see if that helps or try using a wired connection if your wireless or even move your Xbox closer to your router
Thema:

1. Slow downloads in stanby? Try this! - Similar Threads - Slow downloads stanby

2. Extremely slow game update? And game downloads???

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely slow game update? And game downloads???: This hasn’t ever happened I update my games pretty quick 1-3 gig. I have 500 mbps and it’s been a good 30 minutes and I’m 30% done with a 3gb update... any idea what the cause is? submitted by...
  3. Fast internet, slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fast internet, slow download speed: Im confused about my download speed. I ran a network test and i gave a 300+ mb/s download speed. And i usually get between 100-200 when i download games or updates. Today im updating a game and im...
  4. Slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds: Xbox is getting slow speeds when downloading games and updates. Internet speed is 45mbps so not an internet issue but xbox gets 3 or less trying to download or update games. Wired connection too....
  5. Download speeds incredibly slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download speeds incredibly slow: Started a few days ago, my download speeds got really really slow, my speeds before capped out at around 2.5 MB/s and now I can't get over 100-200 kbps I've tried speed testing and my speeds are...
  6. downloads slow and dipping

in XBoX on Windows
    downloads slow and dipping: i was downloading metro exodus first 26gbs downloaded fine, then my speeds started to drop from 10-12mb/s to sometimes 2mb/s sometimes 500kb/s and even stopping. in the same time it took to...
  7. Download speeds on Gamepass (PC) are absurdly slow.

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds on Gamepass (PC) are absurdly slow.: It's actually ridiculous and I can't find a solution, I've tried the delivery optimization thing, doesn't do much besides stabilize it some ..so I can download things at a snail pace of like...
  8. Xbox is downloading slow even though it’s says I have a good connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is downloading slow even though it’s says I have a good connection?: [img] Can somebody please help me out here, i don’t understand why my xbox one x is downloading so slow. b9bf48a8-d826-4ccf-8e83-28c2d58ace8f
  9. Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Games downloading at very slow speed.: My Xbox is downloading games at a very slow speed of 1Mbps maximum. Xbox Detailed network statistics say download speeds of 46.37Mbps. I have reset my router, done a full Xbox factory reset,...
  10. Slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed: I have a problem downloading my games on Xbox One. the download is not over 100 kbps, using cable or over wi-fi. While on Steam, I can use full speed, 20mb. It is faster to download 80gb on PC...