Slow Internet downloading speed on my Xbox one

Discus and support Slow Internet downloading speed on my Xbox one in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Slow Internet downloading speed on my Xbox one I have this exact same issue every time I update an app or a game, no solution though sorry.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RA833M, Apr 17, 2018.

1. RA833M
    RA833M Guest

I have this exact same issue every time I update an app or a game, no solution though sorry.

:)

RA833M, Apr 17, 2018
  2. Coryjb
    Coryjb Guest
    Download times......

When you install games from disc, the Xbox will download the updates for the game as well. you could be experiencing slow internet speeds a good place to check and trouble shooting can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
    . I have a strong internet connection games will download faster then when I install a game at my brothers house who is using a Verizon data card for internet, so download speeds still
    mater when it comes to updating the game while it installing.

Coryjb, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Dead Rising 3 Load times/Freezing

Update to games freeezing. I found out was causing freezing with my game. Since I have slow internet speed, and with the Xbox one trying to download patch it would cause some files that are being downloaded to be infected. I recommend to download when internet
    speed is at it's strongest. If you have a physical copy of game, then download without being connected to internet. After that is done reconnect to internet, then dowload patch when internet speed is still at it strongest. I hope this helps.

House Of Pain44, Apr 17, 2018
  4. BenMcFadden
    BenMcFadden Guest

I have this exact same issue every time I update an app or a game, no solution though sorry.

BenMcFadden, Apr 21, 2018
  5. choppyseize Win User

Xbox one is horrible

If your download speeds are slow that would be internet related not the Xbox .
  6. Coryjb Win User

Download times......

When you install games from disc, the Xbox will download the updates for the game as well. you could be experiencing slow internet speeds a good place to check and trouble shooting can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
    . I have a strong internet connection games will download faster then when I install a game at my brothers house who is using a Verizon data card for internet, so download speeds still
    mater when it comes to updating the game while it installing.
  7. House Of Pain44 Win User

Dead Rising 3 Load times/Freezing

Update to games freeezing. I found out was causing freezing with my game. Since I have slow internet speed, and with the Xbox one trying to download patch it would cause some files that are being downloaded to be infected. I recommend to download when internet
    speed is at it's strongest. If you have a physical copy of game, then download without being connected to internet. After that is done reconnect to internet, then dowload patch when internet speed is still at it strongest. I hope this helps.
  8. Outpost-[xboxvenue] Win User

slow updates

9. Mister Mascot Win User

is it possible that xb1 is limiting my dwnld speed?

Hey there Bi9Daddy61,

Speeds can vary based on internet hardware, connections and other factors. We do have a guide that can help with slow speed troubleshooting though. Please take a look and see if it helps out.

Troubleshoot slow speeds on Xbox One
Thema:

1. Slow Internet downloading speed on my Xbox one - Similar Threads - Slow Internet downloading

2. Xbox slowing down internet speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox slowing down internet speed: So recently my internet has been trash, I would be playing NBA 2K19 and it would be a lag fest in online gameplay, I ran a speedtest and my download speed was 12mbps, I turned off my Xbox one and...
  3. Netgear Netgear DGN2200: My internet speed is slow. Is there a DNS around Greensburg Indiana ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear Netgear DGN2200: My internet speed is slow. Is there a DNS around Greensburg Indiana ...: Netgear (Modems/Gateways) Netgear DGN2200: My internet speed is slow. Is there a DNS around Greensburg Indiana that could help my internet? I live in Greensburg Indiana, my internet connection is...
  4. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Internet Download speed to slow

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Internet Download speed to slow: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Internet Download speed to slow help me your forums don't help me 7c3b84c3-26cc-4889-9fa6-eb1a628d35f2
  5. Xbox Giving Slow Internet Speeds?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Giving Slow Internet Speeds?: Hey, I've been having a problem with my Xbox giving me really low speeds although my internet is very speedy. When performing a speed test on the Xbox I will receive speeds like 12 download and 3...
  6. Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please?: So I been having issues downloading these last few days. My xbox one will show a speed test of 150mbps down, 20mbps up, 0 packet loss, 80 latency, and any open (sometimes moderate) NAT. But...
  7. Slow Download Despite Internet Service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow Download Despite Internet Service: I was attempting to download Battlefield 4 onto my Xbox One, a game of roughly 38 GB. About a week before I had downloaded DC Universe Online, a game of about 34 GB in as little as 4 hours. The...
  8. Downloading is unbelievably slow on what should be fast internet.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading is unbelievably slow on what should be fast internet.: I am living in an area where I have very very fast internet, on the computer it will download multi-gigabyte downloads within a minute. Currently the Xbox 360 is performing very poorly in the...
  9. slow download speed with good internet speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    slow download speed with good internet speed: i am having an issue with downloading cod aw on xbox one. just did a speed test and even with others online at home im still getting 52 mbps download speed but on xbox im only downloading at 1...
  10. xbox one s slow internet bandwith

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one s slow internet bandwith: My internet bandwith is really going slow. It hops around 30 to 500 k/b but very unstable, usually its downloading games at 0 k/B. Any solutions? 0e907862-b9a4-419f-a452-cf8b46ac5d96