Slow menu when trying to close a game/app

Discus and support Slow menu when trying to close a game/app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm currently in the alpha ring and since the most recent two updates when opening the menu to close a game or app it's has been really slow, I can... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/allanvrs1980, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Slow menu when trying to close a game/app

I'm currently in the alpha ring and since the most recent two updates when opening the menu to close a game or app it's has been really slow, I can push the menu button then there is a delay for a couple of seconds then the menu will pop up. Everything else is fine the dashboard is speedy, just opening the menu is laggy and horrible. I have reported it as a possible issue since it first happened and again with the newest update. Has anyone else got the same issue ?

submitted by /u/allanvrs1980
    [link] [comments]

/u/allanvrs1980, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox one time outs.

...which is why it's a good idea to make sure you close down your games and apps when you're done with them. To do that, simply go to the homescreen and highlight the game or app tile you wish to close. Once you've done that, you can press menu, scroll to
    "quit" and select it. Doing this will close down the game or app for good so it won't run in the background or cause slow down later. ;)
  3. Panayis Win User

Skype and Youtube has no "go back" button?

Press and hold the menu button when on the home screen (with the game/app selected). It pops up a context menu to allow you to close the game/app.
  4. AdamDietterick Win User

Starting to get feed up with the XB1 UI

From time to time, depending on the game I am playing it might slow down. But I think it is related to the game not the overall UI. Also, think of this console like a late '80s to mid '90s PC. From time to time, it will slow
    down when multiple things are going on. You may need to close out apps by hitting start and closing the app/digital game.

The same can be said of my Lumina 925, which shares the Windows 8 OS. And when I don't close out multiple apps, my phone slows down. Now, after most times I open an app. When I am done, I will close the app out and move on.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Is it normal for the dashboard to get sluggish or slow after extended use now??

You have to make sure you guys are actually closing your games and apps when you are done with them. To do so, all you need to do is press the home button, highlight the game or app in question, press the menu button, and then select quit. Doing this will
    prevent your console from slowing down. Alternatively, you can also use the Kinect's voice commands - simply say, "Xbox go home" followed by "Xbox show menu" and then "quit."
  6. Kenny H. Win User

XBOX ONE reboot every day.

You can also try closing apps when you are done with them. I have seen a decrease in issues when I started doing that. From your home screen, press the menu button with the app/game highlighted and choose Exit.
Thema:

Slow menu when trying to close a game/app

1. Slow menu when trying to close a game/app - Similar Threads - Slow menu trying

2. Xbox One S super slow and wont open apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S super slow and wont open apps.: Ever since an update back in April, my Xbox One S has been extremely slow and unable to open any games. I have tried every step that has been described to me and nothing works. Any help would be...
  3. xbox series x slow wired download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x slow wired download speed: My console wired connected. Download speed is about 13-17mbps when i download games, but in the edge browser speed is normal, about 150mbps. What can i do to solve this problem? [img] [img]...
  4. Slow speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow speed: Hi I have been noticing some issues with my fortnite updates ..whenever I download fortnite updates the download speed drops to 20 to 30 kbps suddenly and is stuck there for a while and suddenly...
  5. Xbox One X slow/freezing/crashing. Full factory reset did not fix issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X slow/freezing/crashing. Full factory reset did not fix issues.: Hello My Xbox One X is 2-3 years old. This past month it began to freeze within a few minutes of start up to the point where it became unusable. I ended up soft factory resetting. Then hard...
  6. Xbox Series X Slow my entire network down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Slow my entire network down: I just bought a series X and whenever it is on my entire house's devices slow to a crawl. I had a Xbox One X and did not have this issue. I have 1Gig internet, Orbi RBR850 and have the xbox wired...
  7. Slow update speeds on Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow update speeds on Xbox one X: Hi, I am frustratingly experiencing really slow update speed on my Xbox apps. My network connection is fine both wired and wireless and my xbox connection test reads 450mbps download speed...
  8. Minecraft menu interaction slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft menu interaction slow: The menus are loading really slow. It certainly takes longer going through the menus than before. Anybody else have this problem. 800b41b7-4880-4a1a-962c-00236dd80bde
  9. won't load the home menu after green screen is slow and if dose load the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    won't load the home menu after green screen is slow and if dose load the home screen: Won't load the home menu after the Xbox green start up screen it slow and by rare chance it loads you can't move on the menu screen and will then go black again and try's to load again. Sometimes...
  10. Very slow internet connection; Main menu is not smooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very slow internet connection; Main menu is not smooth: Hi, since I have my Xbox One (more than 2 years now), I have a very bad internet connection. I should get 16000 kbit/s from my ISP, which works on every device I own perfectly, but not on my Xbox...