Slow update speeds on Xbox one X

Discus and support Slow update speeds on Xbox one X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am frustratingly experiencing really slow update speed on my Xbox apps. My network connection is fine both wired and wireless and my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulHull1981, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM.

1. PaulHull1981
    PaulHull1981 Guest

Hi,

I am frustratingly experiencing really slow update speed on my Xbox apps.

My network connection is fine both wired and wireless and my xbox connection test reads 450mbps download speed 37mbps upload.

When i go to my update queue it is updating at 2 or 3 mbps so a 20gb update is taking upwards of 9 hours.

I have opened ports on my router, tried multiple DNS servers my router performance is fine.

Xbox states everything is ok so i'm really confused. It has always been working fine previously.

Thanks,

:)

PaulHull1981, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM
  2. DRAGON 40 LEE Win User

XBox One X and external drive

Like others are saying your external hard drive will work with the Xbox One X. Also Mike Ybara has said on twitter that for anybody wanting to be ready ahead of time for Xbox One X we will be able to get the the 4k update patches
    for our games before Nov 7 2017 . Especially good for people that have to watch how much they download per month and also slow internet speeds.
  3. Outpost-[xboxvenue] Win User

slow updates

4. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Asus: Xbox One X - Network Statistics - Incredibly Slow with Packet Loss

Hi there Kylearan,

Thanks for reply on the issue with the connection speeds to the Xbox One X. I recommend to check out the following articles for troubleshooting slow wireless internet speeds on the Xbox One:

If the issue persists, we recommend to contact your Internet Service Provider to discuss your bandwidth allocation and hardware.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. Twizted Team Win User

I have had my xboxone How do you make it go faster? Probably going back to Sony PS4

Thema:

1. Slow update speeds on Xbox one X - Similar Threads - Slow update speeds

2. extremely slow download speed on update of particular game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    extremely slow download speed on update of particular game: For the last year I've had fibre broadband averaging 30mb/s and I've had no problems with downloading on my Xbox One. I resumed a Fortnite update at 32% today that I started the other day, and now...
  3. Slow update speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow update speed: Lately ive been having really slow download speed for games like fortnite. But when i downloaded nba 2k21 it was going really fast. Can someone tell me why this happenes thanks....
  4. Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in...

in XboX Insiders
    Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in...: Title submitted by /u/Slyder768 [link] [comments]
  5. Game Update / Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Update / Slow Download Speeds: Why is it that when I go to update a game patch, i am getting 300kpbs download speed? I am on ATT fiber getting 800mpbs download speeds and 300mpbs upload speeds. I am wired through LAN on the...
  6. Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...: My games are updating at 1mb/s with a ethernet plugged in which is extremely frustrating and unusual because i ran a detailed speed test on the console and it says its at roughly 500mb/s but the...
  7. Slow Xbox update speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow Xbox update speeds: My xbox download speeds have recently been incredibly slow. I have been getting update speeds of often under 1mbps when my internet is running at over a steady 80mbps. The xbox speed test even...
  8. Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update: Hello, after last Alpha Skip ahead I tried downloading game but the download speeds are very slow. I get on average 15-60Mbps when before I got 600-900Mbps. When I do network test it comes back...
  9. Slow download speeds after latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    Slow download speeds after latest update.: Anyone else having really slow download speeds after the newest alpha slip ahead update? Used to get about 100 down but now I only get a maximum of about 10 and installs keep stopping and...
  10. Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update: Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update since the April update i have gone from 180mb/s - 200mb/s download speeds to 28mb/s - 39mb/s with a wired connection and the ONLY change is the April...