Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X

Discus and support Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X Thanks Brad, it does look like it was just a bug showing the low upload. Speed test on Edge showed 248mbps upload,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by iStakks, Nov 18, 2019.

1. iStakks
    iStakks Guest

Thanks Brad, it does look like it was just a bug showing the low upload. Speed test on Edge showed 248mbps upload, compared to the 2.5 mbps upload the network statistics showed in the settings

:)

iStakks, Nov 18, 2019
  2. DavPolk Win User

Upload speeds on Xbox One X is slow

Hello Dav,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. With internet speeds it is all dependent on network, connection to the server, traffic. Check your speeds throughout the day. Like in early morning it should be higher. As you meet the minimum requirements
    for upload speed and everything is working fine. There really isn't much to worry about. Most likely cause is the connection between you and the server you are connecting to. Either it Xbox server, game server. There is no definite answer as to why your console
    getting different speeds than anything else. All we have in ways of troubleshooting is

slow performance troubleshooter

Hope this helps.

Brad
    It's slow in the morning and evening. I've even waited for the peak hours to be over with. Do the I.T. department know about this? It does sound like it's the Xbox server. I'm pretty tech savvy so I can help out wherever is needed.
  3. DavPolk Win User

Upload speeds on Xbox One X is slow

As you say you are wired in, it could be a damaged Ethernet cable or port that can cause this. But as "XBF Brad A" said: "[it could be a connection ishue with the server]"
    It's not the port. I have connected to the router via WiFi as well. I'll still receive the same speeds. When I say I tried it all I promise you I have. I'm a technician for a satellite company. I troubleshoot all day lol. I need a rare idea. I was hoping
    someone found something somewhere.
  4. GR1ZZLYB3AR56 Win User

XBOX ONE X UPLOAD SPEED SLOW

Another (maybe stupid) question, speed test apart, have you real issue gaming online? You always spoken about "slow" speed but speed test and real gaming are different.
    Yes unless you can do your speed test on the XBox and play on-line at the same time you really do not know exactly what your speed and latency are connected to that gaming site... A lot of times recording that part of the game and then playing back can reveal
    that there is an issue. (then you have the cheats laggers etc.) Another problem also is you do not know the addresses of the servers you are going through to connect to that particular games server AND some have multiple servers... I also heard that if your
    are playing against other players (PVP in Destiny 2) your connection is only as good as that of the person with the worse connection?

Anyhow will have to wait until they decide to look at the issues and fix them. Australian has always had **** internet and even New Zealand's internet is better.

The problem with console gaming is you are really stuck with what the console the manufacturer gives you where with PC you can do far more things to your computer to improve things. Good PC set ups are very expensive...

There are so many technical sites AND experts all with different opinions so what do you do and who do you believe. Tried a few different setting with modem etc which did nothing just have to keep doing research and trying different things OR just put up
    with it... Going to look at some of these Google search links etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+.....69i57j33.23347j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Yeah, I dont dispute any of that, my issue there was simply the "stay on topic" comment.
  6. GR1ZZLYB3AR56 Win User

it may be difference between MByte and Mbit
    Australian NBN is .... Fastest – 100/40 Mbps – which means
    that the theoretical peak download speed is 100 Megabits per second, and the theoretical peak upload speed is 40 Megabits per
    second. This is a professional grade service, and you'll need a professional grade router to get the full benefit from it. SO the readings I showed in original post are Megabits ... SO I should be getting minimum of 30 megabits on my plan... which I am on
    other devices...
Thema:

1. Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Slow Upload Speed

2. Xbox upload speed slow compared to other devices (*both 5Ghz wifi or Wired*)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox upload speed slow compared to other devices (*both 5Ghz wifi or Wired*): Hello!, So I have an Xbox One X and I have been trying to get my upload speeds to be above 9MB/s. If I run a speed test on my PC, I can get an upload of 22MB/s . When I run it on my cellphone...
  3. Slow upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speeds: I have 2 xbox one x and 1 xbox one and all three have really slow upload speeds. 680 download and 24 upload. I also have all 3 directly wired in. All other devices in the house are 600 + on both...
  4. Slow upload speed on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on Xbox One S: I know this has been asked before but every thread I've read the person seems to have asynchronous dl/ul speeds. I have synchronous gigabit fiber to the house. When i do a PC speed test I get...
  5. Xbox Live Upload Speed Very Slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Upload Speed Very Slow: Hi, Since one week ago I am experiencing a very slow upload speed for Xbox Live service. I have 250Mb Fiber connection, and using all other services besides Xbox Live, I can get a constant...
  6. Bad gaming experience( LAG AND DELAY) . Slow upload speed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad gaming experience( LAG AND DELAY) . Slow upload speed.: Ok so, since about 9 months ago I've been having this problem : my two consoles, xbox one and xbox one x, don't receive more than 6 mbps up (I have a 30 mbps upload sepeed internet). Since then,...
  7. Slow upload speeds on gigabit connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speeds on gigabit connection: SOLVED: Microsoft support confirmed that upload speeds to XboxLive are capped in my region. I have Verizon Fios Home Router. I have a Cat 5e cable wired to xbox one. My download speeds are 800...
  8. XBOX ONE X UPLOAD SPEED SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X UPLOAD SPEED SLOW: This will be your best bet to see if there is any connection problem on your end. e49ab06f-9675-4ba1-8d6f-2dfb0989b9e2
  9. Slow Upload speed (Xbox one X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Upload speed (Xbox one X): Hi I have a 100/100mb fibre line and asus gaming router . Local speed tests show 100/100 fine. Xbox one x network statistics shows 100/20. Any reason why ?? I have changed routers. Connected via...
  10. Xbox One X and S Slow Upload Speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One X and S Slow Upload Speed: Xbox One X and S Slow Upload Speed "even plugging the console directly in to my modem" Sounds like its been rough, and I wondered whether you are using the same ethernet cable or have you tried...