Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update

Discus and support Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update since the April update i have gone from 180mb/s - 200mb/s download speeds to 28mb/s - 39mb/s with a wired... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RagMan85, May 1, 2018.

1. RagMan85
    RagMan85 Guest

since the April update i have gone from 180mb/s - 200mb/s download speeds to 28mb/s - 39mb/s with a wired connection and the ONLY change is the April update. Microsoft what have you done to my ethernet adapter??

:)

RagMan85, May 1, 2018
  2. Games quit installing

Have you or can you use a wired connection that might help as your DL speed is quite slow.

GrowlingYapper, May 1, 2018
  3. The Hoose
    The Hoose Guest
    Slow DL Speeds

Thanks guys. I'll try changing the DNS on my router to OpenDNS and see if that helps.

The Hoose, May 1, 2018
  4. GrowlingYapper Win User

Games quit installing

Have you or can you use a wired connection that might help as your DL speed is quite slow.
  5. The Hoose Win User

Slow DL Speeds

Thanks guys. I'll try changing the DNS on my router to OpenDNS and see if that helps.
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Slow DL Speeds

If you are trying to download the free games,you need to realise millions of other people are doing the exact same thing at the same time as you.

I would imagine microsoft have restricted the download speed even further than normal for the first few days.
  7. oUNDEAD ZOMBIEo Win User

Slow DL Speeds

Sometimes it is just the XBL servers in general. I have seen cases like yours and have also experienced really fast downloads.

How is your Xbox connected up to your router (wireless vs wired)? Also, the ports for UDP are really for chatting and were mainly used back in the days of the OG Xbox. As long as you have NAT enabled, should be good.

Another quick note is to maybe change your DNS on the router. I always recommend using OpenDNS. Look it up if interested or I can help out if need be. It's a real simple change and works a ton better for me personally (Comcast ISP).
  8. goose troop Win User

The Walking Dead Episode 1

well everywhere says april 24th
Thema:

1. Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update - Similar Threads - Slow WIRED speeds

2. Super slow Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Super slow Xbox: So yesterday I was playing a game of R6 and in the middle of the round my party lost connection so i sent a message to my teammate after that message for some reason my xbox started to be very...
  3. Fortnite download slow but other games download fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite download slow but other games download fine: Fortnite update downloading at around 1000kb/s - 2mb/s while others at 55 mb/s any fix? Tried updating other games and they downloaded fine. 320e0d09-b55e-4a55-9411-bb89529d6547
  4. How do I clear the xbox one cache if things are very slow loading?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I clear the xbox one cache if things are very slow loading?: Just asking if I can improve my speed loading. f407e7c4-b58f-4974-acf6-5c6d4d36f66e
  5. Slow Streaming even with a wired connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow Streaming even with a wired connection: I was having slow wireless network speeds on my Xbox One S and was having issues with streaming apps such as The CW and FOX. I was getting blurry screams and buffering. I just wired my Xbox to...
  6. Game Download very slow on Wired Connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Download very slow on Wired Connection: I am using a Wired Connection for my Xbox 360, i have tried everything but my Downloading of games takes for ever !! Anyone Idea,s on how to improve it? a38e596b-457e-4f7f-9f7d-97095f3c634f
  7. xb1 wireless controller (wired) on pc slow looking down

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1 wireless controller (wired) on pc slow looking down: my brand new xbox one wireless controller (military green) which is wired to my windows 7 pc is looking down 90% slower than any other direction on rainbow 6 siege. I also have a 360 controller...
  8. Xbox One X Slow Wired Downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Slow Wired Downloads: Issue: I recently got an Xbox One X and am having some serious problems with the download speed on my wired connection. I'm unable to get over 10mbps down on a 1 gig connection. From my...
  9. Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices.: The xbox one is on a wired connection. When the xbox is off I enjoy 10 - 16mbps down on all of my wifi connected devices. When the xbox is on I get anywhere from 0.1 - 0.3mbps; Eventually it...
  10. Wireless is slow and wired doesn't work at all on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless is slow and wired doesn't work at all on Xbox One: Hello all I've had my Xbox One since March, and it is the slowest device I have connected to my network. Granted, my network speeds aren't phenomenal (avg 5 mbps down and .64 up) but my Xbox One...