Slow Xbox and not Reding hard drive

Discus and support Slow Xbox and not Reding hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an original xbox360 go pro. So these two random profiles showed up on my Xbox 2 months ago and I thought nothing of them (I do not have any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bryanstoffer, Jun 20, 2014.

1. bryanstoffer
    bryanstoffer Guest

I have an original xbox360 go pro. So these two random profiles showed up on my Xbox 2 months ago and I thought nothing of them (I do not have any credit card information or anything on my Xbox). I went on my Xbox one day and it just stopped reading my
    hard drive. It says the amount of data on there but when I click on my hard drive it says there is 0 megabytes on my profiles and games and everything else. Luckily I have my profile and nothing else on a thumb drive. I could go on Xbox live for a while and
    still talk to friends until it wanted me to get the new system update. I tried downloading it onto my thumb drive (which has 1.3gb of free memory on it) and it came up with status code 416B-0000-0080-0300-8007-0003 and I cannot find any matching error codes
    on the system update chart. Also my xbox is super slow on starting up and opening my menu and navigating through it when i push the middle button on my controller. If anyone knows how to fix my slow, non-hard drive reading, can't download a system update,
    sorry excuse for an Xbox please reply. Thank you

:)

bryanstoffer, Jun 20, 2014
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    HDD causing my Xbox to be slow.

Hello, how do you know your hard drive is causing your XBOX 360 to run slower, have you actually taken your hard drive off of your XBOX 360 and turned it on to see if it's actually running faster without it. If this is the case contact XBOX Support and try
    to a new hard drive sent to you, if you do not have a warranty it's cheaper to get a hard drive from a store like Gamestop or you can try eBay but be forewarned eBay actually has a lot of fake (not original XBOX 360 hard drives). Don't know why you think the
    update caused the XBOX 360 to go slower, it could just be normal wear and tear it could be the hard drive there's a bunch of different reasons but your XBOX 360 going slower because of an update is definitely not the case. Try another hard drive out.

HassanB, Jun 20, 2014
  3. Drabz
    Drabz Guest
    Slow/Freezing Startup

try saving your profile to a USB drive - and then removing your hard drive.

there may be a problem with the hard drive that makes the xbox slow.

Drabz, Jun 20, 2014
  4. Drabz Win User

Slow/Freezing Startup

try saving your profile to a USB drive - and then removing your hard drive.

there may be a problem with the hard drive that makes the xbox slow.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Slow Hard Drive

[quote user="ExCLuSiivE nUKe"]I would expect disadvantages in something generic but its made up due to low price.[/quote]You factor deactivation of the accessory into that equation?

There are no licensed third party HDDs for the 360. Use of unlicensed accessories is prohibited as per the Terms of Use.
  6. MarkMark778 Win User

Slow Hard Drive

Any updates? I'm interested because I will also consider a generic hard drive for the slim.
  7. REK 1 Win User

Slow Hard Drive

tansfer your licence items to your new drive, use usb for saves and misc,

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

u should try to return, i would not use the generic but thats me, u can try to get that new drive reformated, there are ways but u should try google search. also that drive might already have corrupted files , or a bad drive, not knowin if it is really
    used or new or just refurb. try to check the manufactured date on the hard drive sticker inside of case. ether way its bad idea to use generic drive, the only thing i would use it for is a external drive for media, music, movies, pictures, not profile,
    or xbox content, of any kind
  8. ExCLuSiivE nUKe Win User

Slow Hard Drive

When the price in the equation is free. If they deactivate it, i dont lose any money
Thema:

1. Slow Xbox and not Reding hard drive - Similar Threads - Slow Reding hard

2. Super slow Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Super slow Xbox: So yesterday I was playing a game of R6 and in the middle of the round my party lost connection so i sent a message to my teammate after that message for some reason my xbox started to be very...
  3. Fortnite download slow but other games download fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite download slow but other games download fine: Fortnite update downloading at around 1000kb/s - 2mb/s while others at 55 mb/s any fix? Tried updating other games and they downloaded fine. 320e0d09-b55e-4a55-9411-bb89529d6547
  4. How do I clear the xbox one cache if things are very slow loading?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I clear the xbox one cache if things are very slow loading?: Just asking if I can improve my speed loading. f407e7c4-b58f-4974-acf6-5c6d4d36f66e
  5. Slow Upload Speed on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Upload Speed on Xbox: I just posted a question regarding slow upload speeds on Xbox which appears to be an ongoing issue from many. During my discussion, responses and posts were blocked from continuing. Previous...
  6. Slow Upload Speed on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Upload Speed on Xbox: We have spent the past month trying to correct slow upload speeds on our Xbox. We currently get 1.7 to 1.9. We have replaced all routers, switches, new Xbox, modem as well as our ISP provider...
  7. I cannot do anything with my xbox one because of its slow dashboard. Help me anyone

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot do anything with my xbox one because of its slow dashboard. Help me anyone: I'm trying everything but my xbox is so slow. I can't log in or go into the settings or open any apps. Does anyone know the reason and how to fix 6c608b6d-a564-41b7-b983-be11870fe2ce
  8. Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads

in XboX Insiders
    Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads: I have a 400 Mbit line and typically get around 150 MBit on Xbox. Right now I am downloading Pinball FX3 on the newest Alpha version and the speed constantly switches between 1,47 MB/Sec and...
  9. Xbox Desktop App Downloads Painfully Slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Desktop App Downloads Painfully Slow: As the title suggests, the Xbox app downloads extremely slowly to my normal download speeds. I tried to install two games recently (being Gears of War 4 & 5 ) to PC with my PC Xbox Game Pass....
  10. MW Beta slow download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW Beta slow download: I uninstalled the beta during the issues and reinstalled. After 2 hrs im still only at 4%. I have 1GB fios which is showing 760 down in the network test. Any solutions??? Will take over 24hrs at...