Slowed Xbox One after recent update.

Discus and support Slowed Xbox One after recent update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I have had two issues with my Xbox One original model. I was downloading and installing the update released earlier this month while I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OniJester, Oct 26, 2019.

1. OniJester
    OniJester Guest

Recently I have had two issues with my Xbox One original model. I was downloading and installing the update released earlier this month while I was asleep and the power went out multiple times without my knowing or forewarning of it. This caused me to have
    to eventually do a factory reset of my system which lost me many saved games but not all of them thankfully.

However today I got a message to update again, I did so and it went well and turned back on afterwards as expected. However it showed an error connecting to xbox live, the error box next to the inserted disc display on the front page (trouble connecting...).
    I checked my connection and verified I was connected and it was registering on my router and modem systems, so I simply restart via holding the Xbox button on my controller and selecting restart.

When it started it took a bit of time on the dreaded green screen I knew from my last issue. Finally loaded but showed only the recently launched game and would not let me scroll from it to anything else or bring up the menu when I pressed the Xbox button.
    Multiple resets and it seems to be working a bit better but is lagging and not loading images such as the thumbnails for games in my groups on my homepage or even in my updates or anywhere really. Though it does show the images for a few but maybe a tenth
    of the total number if that.

Is this a known issue in any fashion to anyone else? An issue I may have lucked out on previously that someone else had or was common and has a fix I could try? Or even does someone have an idea that might help me here?

Thanks for reading and for any responses.

:)

OniJester, Oct 26, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

There's a troubleshooter and a very informational tech article about common Xbox One issue I'd recommend looking at here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/common-xbox-one-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/

Have you considered getting your console professionally serviced? If you're experiencing multiple issues you may want to either upgrade to a new console or get the one you have looked at. Lagging and power failure could be very well associated with age (since
    its an original model console) and other internal issues. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Oni,

Thanks for the reply. You can try and request a call from support. Have a guide that will get you to the selection.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Bruce Luo Win User

I think this has something to do with recent live service problem, but i am not sure. If you can play your games offline, than i think you can leave it like this for some days. Better check xbox live service status from time to time just to see when it
    is back to normal whether your console is also normal.
  5. OniJester Win User

I thank you for the reply first of all. Secondly I already fixed the issue of the update and power outage issue. It was not an issue of the systems fault nor mine but merely a local outage for entire houses.

I have thought about getting it serviced but it is outside of warranty and anytime I follow instructions on the page you mention it loads to a new page (once selecting my Xbox One) and then will load to another page before it is finished and repeat this
    over and over till an error shows that 'we are currently having trouble...' in red text on a generic background one might see for a error message on the web page.

But still thank you for the response.
  6. UNICORN WRAITH Win User

Destiny 2 broken

[UPDATE] after most recent Xbox one update destiny 2 still not working
Thema:

1. Slowed Xbox One after recent update. - Similar Threads - Slowed recent update

2. Xbox is really, really slow right now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox is really, really slow right now.: So I don't know why but my Xbox One is incredibly slow right now. It takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour just to start my console. I keep getting the error code saying my Xbox dashboard...
  3. Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X: Slow Upload Speed for Xbox One X Thanks Brad, it does look like it was just a bug showing the low upload. Speed test on Edge showed 248mbps upload, compared to the 2.5 mbps upload the network...
  4. Xbox one x keep on crashing after a few hours and slow startup with error E105

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x keep on crashing after a few hours and slow startup with error E105: After I play games on my 500 bucks console it crashes after a few hours of play. I need to find a way to fix this without sending it out because I run a little pvp In my house which I play with my...
  5. My xbox one console getting slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one console getting slow: Hi I have a bad problem after i uptade my xbox one it getting overheating and get slow and when i play agame it stop what i have to do and if anyone will tell me that restore the xbox one...
  6. MS server slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS server slow?: Hi all. This is my first post so please don't shoot me down for possibly asking a silly question. I have recently bought an XBox one X and got Forza 4 & 7 with it. These are downloaded games from...
  7. Slow Upload speed (Xbox one X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Upload speed (Xbox one X): Hi I have a 100/100mb fibre line and asus gaming router . Local speed tests show 100/100 fine. Xbox one x network statistics shows 100/20. Any reason why ?? I have changed routers. Connected via...
  8. Slow download speed on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed on Xbox One X: I have 300 mb/s download speed and I'm Hardlined to my gateway with Xfinity. When I do a speedtest through the Xbox, it shows that I am getting what I pay for. However, when it comes to...
  9. Upload Studio Very Slow, Buggy, Crash Prone, etc. Recently

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio Very Slow, Buggy, Crash Prone, etc. Recently: I'm the only person I know that actually uses Upload Studio but I love it. I don't have a capture card or a computer near enough my xbox to use one anyway, and Upload Studio is usually a quick...
  10. download speed going really slow since most recent dashboard update

in XBoX on Consoles
    download speed going really slow since most recent dashboard update: I have a broadband connection of 200mb/s on my xbox one which is wired by an ethernet cable and since the most recent dashboard update it seems to now have been capt to around 40mb/s and it will...