Smart Delivery Series S

Discus and support Smart Delivery Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm confused by smart delivery on the Series S. If a physical copy of a game states smart delivery Series X/S how is it possible to have it on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Droppit, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Droppit
    Droppit Guest

Smart Delivery Series S

Hi,

I'm confused by smart delivery on the Series S.

If a physical copy of a game states smart delivery Series X/S how is it possible to have it on my Series S.

For example Cyber Punk 2077 physical copy for the Xbox One states is supports smart delivery does this mean it will install a digital copy to my Series S if I own and install the disc on my xbox one?

If this is not the case, how is smart delivery enabled for the Series S?

Thanks.

:)

Droppit, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 1 to Xbox series x/s

Yes. Xbox One games will be backwards compatible with the Series S/X. There are also games like Valhalla and Cold War that support Smart Delivery. With Smart Delivery, you can buy the games now on the One and you'll be able to download the Series S/X version
    for free.
  3. Smwutches Win User

smart delivery

Smart Delivery is for games that are being released as a Series S/X version, so you don't have to buy it a second time to upgrade. As far as I know, none of those games are being re-released with a Series S/X version so they won't have Smart Delivery.
    Those games will work through backwards compatibility though.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Smart Delivery

Hello,

Yes, Xbox one games that support Smart Delivery will just have to be purchased once. If you purchase the Xbox one version of a game, you’ll receive the Series X|S version (and vice versa) when you upgrade.

Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S FAQ

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/

Another good page explaining Smart Delivery, along with the current list of games that support it:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/xbox-smart-delivery-explained

Smart Delivery applies to both digital games and physical disks and your game progress will carry over, as normal, when you upgrade your console.

You also don’t need to do anything in terms of choosing a version to download, the system will automatically take care of that for you.

I hope this information helps, happy gaming! :)
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Splinter Cell games enhanced for the Xbox one x/series X

6. Jesse E' Win User

Smart Delivery Series S

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

With Smart Delivery, a new technology introduced with Xbox Series X|S, you get the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game in one purchase, and the best version of the game will automatically be delivered to your console, regardless of generation – no extra steps required from you.

For example, if you purchase a Smart Delivery game for your Xbox One and you later upgrade to an Xbox Series X|S, you’ll automatically receive the Xbox Series X|S optimized version of the game at no additional cost.

For reference see here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

For all the Smart Delivery frequently asked questions, see here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

Hope this helps
Thema:

Smart Delivery Series S

1. Smart Delivery Series S - Similar Threads - Smart Delivery Series

2. Transfering Xbox One hard copy games to Xbox series S (smart delivery)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfering Xbox One hard copy games to Xbox series S (smart delivery): Recently purchased a series s console and still own old unit xb1, had purchased discs for xb1 (cyberpunk 2077 and watch dogs legion) and have tried to install on new unit by network transfer. I...
  3. Xbox not so smart delivery - playing x/s games from external drives

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox not so smart delivery - playing x/s games from external drives: I play a lot of games. I assumed the xbox series x would just run the xbox one x version of the game from an external drive as that would be "smart." Transferring between drives is a pain when you...
  4. Xbox one s, Smart Delivery to Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s, Smart Delivery to Xbox series S: I purchased Assassins Creed Valhalla Gold Edition on launch Day knowing I would eventually get the new gen of consoles I ended up getting the Xbox series S edition and it says that Smart Delivery...
  5. Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - Not so Smart Delivery: So after a day of Series X and launching games that have "Upgrades" available when you launch them, I've had issues with 2 titles so far; Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4. I had both games on an...
  6. Xbox series x smart delivery

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x smart delivery: [img] so i pre orderd ac vallaha on xbox one before getting the X and i am downloading on my X right now but its a 47gb download and it is not showing the X/S logo on the bottom right or left so...
  7. X Series Smart Delivery Question

in XboX Insiders
    X Series Smart Delivery Question: Does anybody know if NBA 2k and other 2K titles be part of the smart delivery feature? submitted by /u/81_Official [link] [comments]
  8. Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X: hello again I am just reading about the smart delivery system. will it be limited in time? for example ,buy assasins creed valhalla on xbox one x in 2020 and then xbox series x buy at the end of...
  9. Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X: hey all, maybe im just incredibly dumb or im not reading the right articles, but im still a little confused on how Smart Delivery will work. recently, i preordered Assassins Creed Valhalla for...
  10. Xbox Series X - Smart Delivery for physical games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Smart Delivery for physical games?: So I read that the upcoming Smart Delivery feature (which is super consumer friendly thank you devs) also applies to physical copies of a game that supports the feature, such as upcoming...