So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

Discus and support So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Talers-Username, Oct 25, 2019.

1. So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

/u/Talers-Username, Oct 25, 2019
  2. TheDarkCoder Win User

Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

So is there no way to revert the change I made, and go back to my old gamertag (4)?
  3. Smwutches Win User

Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back

If someone takes your gamertag before you change it back or you try to change it before the server notices it's freed up, then you would get a suffix.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

So is there no way to revert the change I made, and go back to my old gamertag (TheDarkCoder4)?
    You can go back to your previous gamertag, you’ll jusy need to pay to do this or you can create a new account with the gamertag you wish to use. :)

Please also note: Since the gamertag system change, The character limit has been changed to 12 from 15.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Revert gamertag

Hey Justin

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about changing your gamertag back to an old one.

At this time, there is no way to revert your gamertag back to your old one with you changing it manually. However, since you have changed it in the past there will be a fee in order to continue to change it.

Additionally, there are still plenty of other tags that you can use that don't have a suffix at the end, if this is something you are worried about.

As far as why you can only use a 12-character gamertag now is due to the 4 characters that are needed in order to add the suffix at the end, even if the your gamertag is a new original one, that space will still be reserved.

You can see this info and more in the
    Gamertag update FAQ

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have caused.
  6. ItsLuanrox Win User

Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back

the suffix will be removed, but why revert back?
Thema:

So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

1. So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to... - Similar Threads - changed gamertag try

2. when I try to change my gamertag there’s an error...

in XBoX Accessibility
    when I try to change my gamertag there’s an error...: so when i press my gamertag is says “that didn’t work. sorry, give that another try” i tried resetting my xbox, unpluging it, trying to change i thet gamerrtag on the website but it says the same...
  3. I tried changing my Xbox gamertag to my pavshtor

in XBoX on Consoles
    I tried changing my Xbox gamertag to my pavshtor: I tried changing my name to on xbox but it wasn’t allowed, is it because the word has the letters sht in it? 5eecc935-6047-4360-836e-ffe778eec029
  4. Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to change my gamertag, but its saying that its not allowed.: Hi, Im trying to change my gamertag to "Fozzie" and it is saying that the gamertag is not allowed and I dont know why, because i dont beleive its slang for anything offensive or anything like...
  5. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  6. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  7. Trying to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag: When I tried to change my gamertag on the new system it would not work, even though it let me get to the screen where it says "are you sure you want to change your gamertag to this?" I pressed...
  8. Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?: I've been trying to change my gamertag from this default one to something I know hasn't been taken but I keep getting an annoying suffix put on it. Someone does have the same name with a space. Is...
  9. Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable": Hello I'd really like to claim an original gamertag name that I have been watching for a long time now, the account appears to be deleted, I checked all possible spaced versions of the tag, it has...
  10. Can't change Gamertag (Region changes everytime I try to pay)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change Gamertag (Region changes everytime I try to pay): Hey everyone, I'm from Argentina and I'm having troubles trying to change my gamertag, I'm willing to pay the 9.99 price for it, but everytime I'm on the Xbox Argenta site, when I try to go and...