So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with...

Discus and support So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The Xbox doesn’t even recognize that it’s connected anymore. I have no idea on how to fix this submitted by /u/catsnbikess [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/catsnbikess, Aug 3, 2019.

1. So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with...

The Xbox doesn’t even recognize that it’s connected anymore. I have no idea on how to fix this

submitted by /u/catsnbikess
    [link] [comments]

/u/catsnbikess, Aug 3, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

Error failed to start, try downloading again

You say you have a 320 gb external HD. Does this mean it's a hard drive connected to a USB port? If so then that will be the reason it does not work.

In order to play any Xbox original game you must have an official Xbox HD (either 250 or 320 gb). This is a hard drive that fits into the hard drive slot on the side of the console. Any other hard drive of usb stick will not work.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 slim internal hard drive vs external hard drive

Any game that states that it requires a hard drive is actually looking for an official MS hard drive because of the system files on it. An external is just seen as USB storage and not a hard drive so those games will still be looking for an MS hard drive.
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Can't Format my console memory

Hey there Easy,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your hard drive.

Just to clarify:

• Are you using an external hard drive or an internal hard drive?
    • Is your hard drive an official Xbox 360 hard drive or a USB drive?

Let us know and we'll work with you from there.
  5. Smwutches Win User

XBox 360 game required hard drive issue

Some games do require an Xbox hard drive due to the system files on the drives. External hard drives will not work. They require an official MS Xbox 360 hard drive.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Hard Drive picking

It might work, but it's not an official hard drive. So you would put yourself at risk of being banned if you use it and if there are any issues, Microsoft will not be able to fix it. As stated earlier, the only official hard drives are the 250gb and 320gb
    hard drives like Dangerous showed you.
Thema:

So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with...

1. So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with... - Similar Threads - official word issue

2. In-Game Gold Is Free For Ryse: Son of Rome Players. My Question, is this official or can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In-Game Gold Is Free For Ryse: Son of Rome Players. My Question, is this official or can I...: Hello people, as the headline says, is it safe to get free in-game gold for Ryse: Son of Rome or can you be banished here, get the Risk to be banned? It is free at the Microsoft Store at the...
  3. How do you upload game clips to official clubs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you upload game clips to official clubs: I have been trying to upload some of my game clips to the official Rainbow Six Siege club for a long time but don't know how and when I ask people who have uploaded clips to the club they say I...
  4. MICROSOFT XBOX AMBASSADORS FANFEST GEAR BACKPACK SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    MICROSOFT XBOX AMBASSADORS FANFEST GEAR BACKPACK SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES: 1. SPONSOR These Official Rules (“Rules”) govern the operation of the Microsoft Xbox Ambassadors FanFest Gear Backpack Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way,...
  5. XBOX误删官方给的办法无法恢复 [XBOX MISTAKENLY DELETES OFFICIAL METHOD THAT CAN'T BE RESTORED]

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX误删官方给的办法无法恢复 [XBOX MISTAKENLY DELETES OFFICIAL METHOD THAT CAN'T BE RESTORED]: [img] 官方给的办法错误截图 [Translation-Officially gave a screenshot of the wrong approach] 8a11a7b3-4416-4857-a3a5-76c90ae60778
  6. Xbox Game Pass for PC. No mod support? Official clarification please!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC. No mod support? Official clarification please!: Is this the official policy? I'm a little perplexed about Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming if they do not allow mods. As it stands, anything installed via the Windows 10 store is hidden behind...
  7. I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH XBOX MICROSOFT WHATEVER

in XBoX Accessibility
    I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH XBOX MICROSOFT WHATEVER: I DON'T KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS, BUT I AM SO SO SOOOOOOO TIRED OF BEING RANDOMLY BANNED WHEN I HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM FED UP!!! WHY AM I HAVING...
  8. Xbox E3 2019 Next Console - Official Name or Price?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox E3 2019 Next Console - Official Name or Price?: Name: XBOX 2 - Price: £399 would make me happy. 8a4347e8-dff9-4885-b7ff-8d5d486a2b67
  9. New Splinter Cell. Official annoucement or trolling?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Splinter Cell. Official annoucement or trolling?: Ubisoft's creative director recently Tweeted out: Working on the next #SplinterCell with @danhaynow and @romcamor in #Lyon. Can't wait for #E3. Crossover with #TheCrew2 with @_fergus :) Only...
  10. any official word as to when we get patch 1.5 (mod support)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    any official word as to when we get patch 1.5 (mod support): i know rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, (rumors said tonight 5/5/16-5/6/16) but as one who anxiously but reservedly is waiting think you could let us know? i really hope its not...