So my series x control doesn't want to work with plug in headsets.

Discus and support So my series x control doesn't want to work with plug in headsets. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So my pug in headset won't work on my series x controller, but if I record a message using it I can play it back and hear my self just not anything... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MonsterGrunt, Mar 8, 2021.

1. So my series x control doesn't want to work with plug in headsets.

So my pug in headset won't work on my series x controller, but if I record a message using it I can play it back and hear my self just not anything else.

Now first I though it might be a issue with xbox but when using a older controller for the Xbox one it works fine. I can hear everything.

So I think there is something wrong with the firmware of the series x controller.

submitted by /u/MonsterGrunt
    [link] [comments]

/u/MonsterGrunt, Mar 8, 2021
  2. JeremyHarris Win User

Wireless Headsets are complete Junk!

My Halo 3 Wireless Headset still works.

The Wireless Headset should always go the the first controller if the controller doesn't have a wired headset plugged in.
  3. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  4. SizedSpider69 Win User

Headset totally stopped working with XBOX ONE. Lots of similar cases.

As P2 door I mean the hole where you plug in the headset. Sorry, my English is not good.

In capital letters my answer.

• insert headset plug very slowly into 3.5 mm jack - I TRIED THIS.
    • Get a headset adapter if controller 3.5mm plug is broken and you don't want to fix it. THAT'S MY NEXT STEP.
    • Update controller firmware especially if used with Xbox One S or X. I DID IT.
    • Take controller apart (out of warranty) and adjust 3.5mm plug contacts so they make better contact with the rest of the controller electronics inside. This option sounds like what you may need for your controller if it only works for a few seconds. I'D
      LIKE TO DO IT, BUT I'M AFRAID TO SPOIL IT.
  5. Wolverine 1091 Win User

New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

So after some research it appears that the hyper X cloud 2 headset doesn't work with the new controller 3.5mm port

This headset is arguably the best vs cost headset available.
  6. DavidSuart Win User

"we are unable to find a microphone for these people" I get this message with one but not the other of our two controllers on X Box One S

Right, I've done the soft reset, been through the manual changes andits EXACTLY as before, ie:

- Plug the headset into one controller and the headset symbol appears and the microphone works (so tells me the microphone is fine as it works.

- However unplu the microphone and plug it into the second controller and the second controller doesn't see its been plugged in so the muted symbol remains.

This rules out the need to try another headset IMO.

So, please advise exactly what you mean by a headset adapter as the ones I've seen are designed for the XBox 360 controller that
    doesn't have the headphone mic jack port on the bottom left hand side.

Thank you in advance

DS
Thema:

So my series x control doesn't want to work with plug in headsets.

1. So my series x control doesn't want to work with plug in headsets. - Similar Threads - series control doesn't

2. Xbox Series x with Controller doesn't work as expected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series x with Controller doesn't work as expected: Hello community, After 1 month from finally getting a new Xbox Series x, there’s now a huge lag in almost all controller buttons when it’s connected wirelessly, however, it works as expected when...
  3. Xbox One Series X controller doesn't work with Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Series X controller doesn't work with Forza Horizon 4: This afternoon my Xbox One controller stopped working with Forza Horizon 4. The strangest thing is that it is working with other games and in system UI. There are no issues with any other game,...
  4. Xbox One Series X controller doesn't work with Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Series X controller doesn't work with Forza Horizon 4: This afternoon my Xbox One controller stopped working with Forza Horizon 4. The strangest thing is that it is working with other games and in system UI. There are no issues with any other game,...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 doesn't reed my controller | Xbox Serie S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 doesn't reed my controller | Xbox Serie S: Hi, I bought my xbox a couple of days ago and immediatly installed forza horizon 4. The game starts normally, but when I'm in the main menù of the game I cant do anything because it tells me the...
  6. Series X Dashboard black and controller doesn't respond (only Xbox button)

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Dashboard black and controller doesn't respond (only Xbox button): Had it happen to me twice. Working just fine. I go to sleep. Next morning when turning on Xbox the screen stays black. Only the Xbox button on the controller works, but I cannot select any option...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...: The controller was updated to the latest firmware today. The Bluetooth connects immediately to my Pixel phone, a Raspberry Pi400, an old Lynx 7 Windows tablet and a 2018 iPad. It won't connect...
  8. Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller: I recently received a Series X controller as a gift. I am trying to use my old Xbox One's Plug-and-Play rechargeable battery in my new Series X controller. It is fully charged and it fits...
  9. TV Remote Doesn't Control Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    TV Remote Doesn't Control Series X: I have a Samsung NU8000 and I used to be able to control (move around the screen and select apps) my One S with the TV's remote control. I used the same HDMI ports and everything when setting up...
  10. Xbox series x controller doesn't get detected from pc's bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x controller doesn't get detected from pc's bluetooth: I recently bought a wireless xbox series x controller in order to not have any connectivity and mapping issues. However I try to connect the controller via bluetooth on the pc (Winows 10 Pro ver....