So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be?

Discus and support So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Title pretty much says it all. Does anyone have it? What do you think? Totally unrelated... kinda - Is it just me or does the COMING SOON section... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goth Vampirella, Mar 23, 2018.

1. So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be?

Title pretty much says it all. Does anyone have it? What do you think?

Totally unrelated... kinda - Is it just me or does the COMING SOON section for Xbox at the moment seem totally lame? Thankfully I have always had more than one companies game console so I can always find a game I'm interested in but geeesh (maybe
    spelled correctly), Xbox's lineup at the moment just blows IMO.

Ok... maybe this thread has two topics now. lmsao.

So who got Sea Of Thieves? Thoughts?

:)

Goth Vampirella, Mar 23, 2018
  2. ncgfuelld
    ncgfuelld Guest
    Is Insanity As Easy As I Think It Is?

That video sure made it look too easy, he or she said it was on Insanity mode BUT I remeber even on regular mode it was allot harder than that, I had to hit it three times, he or she destroyed it in 2??

ncgfuelld, Mar 23, 2018
  3. FIVEBYMikeR
    FIVEBYMikeR Guest
    Is Insanity As Easy As I Think It Is?

What's annoying about Banshees is I just KNOW that my ME1 (Soldier, natch) Sheperd would own them, whereas my lvl 57 Mass 3 (still a soldier) Sheperd is a wus.

FIVEBYMikeR, Mar 23, 2018
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Pretty much every person I’ve talked too or review I’ve read say the same thing so it’s a good indication they are correct. They say it’s about €20 euro worth of content. It’s fun for the first few hours but gets incredibly boring after a day or two.

No variety in enemies, other players are annoying, classes are diverse enough, weak rewards, etc etc.

I’ve watched a few streams and played the beta, but it was boring to me.

brandiesel1, Mar 23, 2018
  5. I think the "other players are annoying" part can go for just about 99% of people in any multiplayer game these days. So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be? :)

Goth Vampirella, Mar 23, 2018
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Yes true, but I’ve heard it’s worse in this game. There’s one thing to be annoying and another when players can grief you the whole time.

brandiesel1, Mar 23, 2018
  7. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    Ha! Speaking of "coming soon", in the week prior to release, Eurogamer touted that the Sea of Thieves FINAL BETA was open to all, so I decided to try it out - without actually commitiing *any* moneys, obligations or expectations. The final beta wasn't accessible
    anywhere on the dash, so I searched for it. Yarrr, thar it be... BUT, get this. When I tried to click on download, the message said "COMING SOON". Fantastic! Way to promote an open beta, Microsoft.

So, on launch day, I checked out a few streams. The most important aspect for me (apart from single-player sorties, of which there ain't none - unless you wanna multitask on a sloop) was character creation. Gah! The streamer refreshed the motley crew about
    four or five times, but couldn't exactly find what she was looking for. Neither could I. Every gash pirate just looked the same - fifty shades of monotony. So yeah, when you rule out a satisfying on-ramp, coupled with no discernible storyline or narrative,
    all you're left with is a bunch of high seas hijinks.

But wait, it gets better (or worse). Sea of Thieves has been big-upped for its Xbox "exclusivity", so what better way to welcome newcomers than a healthy dose of MAINTENANCE? That's right... just days within the launch window it was taken offline to fix
    a litany of bugs. Plus, if that ain't enough to salt 'yarrr' wounds, buyers can expect *another* round of maintenance on Tuesday, March 27th - the same day Ubisoft breaks out their multiplatform, story-led monster, FC5.

#MustTryHarderMicrosoft

BluSwirl, Mar 24, 2018
  8. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest

If you play Sea of Thieves by just doing the fetch missions it will get boring pretty soon, the fun is finding another ship to fight or sneak on board and steal their treasure. But I do think in a couple of weeks I might even get bored of doing that.

Also to be honest both Playstation and Xbox coming soon games are pretty bad, no exclusives I'm looking forward to apart from State of Decay 2, the rest are 3rd party games.

DWoodbine, Mar 25, 2018
  9. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    No, you can't lump the likes of God of War (April) and Detroit: Become Human (May) into the "pretty bad" category. What's *categorically* bad is that Microsoft's first big EXCLUSIVE for the year has been a critical failure. Looking at the Metacritic "all-time"
    listing for Sea of Thieves, it's currently sunk like a stone to #428 - I kid you not! By comparison, Sony's first big exclusive for 2018 (Shadow of the Colossus) climbed to #10 in the all-time list.

As a proud (er, formerly proud?) Xbox owner, it cuts like a knife (or cutlass, yarr) to see the brand failing so dismally. You can claim all the power you like for console performance, but it won't win you any GOTY awards!

BluSwirl, Mar 25, 2018
  10. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I plan on getting this game this easter weekend. I'll be getting the disc version as Microsoft is charging NZ$119 for the game, and EB Games is selling it for NZ$109 and JB Hi Fi NZ$92. Will also sell some of my disc games to help
    bring the price down, that I pretty much don't play anymore (overwatch, FH2, cod bo3, cod aw, forza 6). I have roughly 25 Xbox One games a mix of disc and digital.

Well it can't be as bad as Goat Simulator, which looks like some cheap game. Sea Of Thieves has good graphics, fun music.

smileskybird, Mar 25, 2018
  11. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Why would you pay that much money for the game? Buy Game Pass for 1 month, get the game, play it and be bored with it within a week or two (almost everyone I know is already bored of it). Save your parents a bit of money.

brandiesel1, Mar 25, 2018
  12. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Not sure what he was talking about.

At least the former PS4 exclusive, Hellblade is coming to Xbox on April 11th.

brandiesel1, Mar 25, 2018
  13. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest

It's number one in the charts and it's not as bad as you think it is, also don't you think it's too early to call it a failure? at least give it a couple of months. So have you played God of War and Detroit? hey look good, but think I'll wait to play them before
    judging a game.

DWoodbine, Mar 26, 2018
  14. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    Not sure what you're talking about either?

DWoodbine, Mar 26, 2018
  15. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    I can't edit my last post. But when I said ''coming soon games are pretty bad'' I meant there's not many exclusives I'm looking forward to, so to me the line up is ''bad'' not saying those games are bad. I didn't make that clear, sorry.

DWoodbine, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

1. So... Yeah... Sea Of Thieves... Is It As Bad As I Think It Is Gonna Be? - Similar Threads - Yeah Sea Thieves

2. Yeah it's about my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Yeah it's about my account: so my friend changed my principal xbox onto his xbox and it was my last try so yeah...can you help me coz I need to wait the first of December to change it back but I need it!...
  3. I WANT A FREE TRAIL YEAH

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I WANT A FREE TRAIL YEAH: I want to know if I can have a free trail thank you 23d35059-a52c-46f3-ab67-1dcd270d20cc
  4. Yeah how is it that a game I purchased is removed? Zero explanation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yeah how is it that a game I purchased is removed? Zero explanation: I I paid what 59.99 for Far Cry 5 played it for however long now I go to play it this evening and it says I need to purchase it when I've already purchased it. No explanation of course the service...
  5. yeah i wont pay for it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    yeah i wont pay for it: my brother owns a ps4 and i an xbox but i find it funny that xbox has to charge for the game skyforge when its free to play on the playstation so i think if you buy the game your wasting your...
  6. yeah yall need to ban MENNIG1 for hacking boosting aimbotting trolling spawn traping and ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    yeah yall need to ban MENNIG1 for hacking boosting aimbotting trolling spawn traping and ...: plz ban MENNING1 a 4 like ban he is hacking aimbotting godmode going invisible going under the map he was flying telporting trolling team killing spawn trapping booting people off stealing care...
  7. Yeah, my last case wasn’t solved. So don’t lock it. Unreliable and non helpful mods ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yeah, my last case wasn’t solved. So don’t lock it. Unreliable and non helpful mods ...: Refer to my previous post. it was not solved! So stop avoiding helping me forums. I swear I’m going to report it if I’m not helped. Don’t lock it either. Moderators being lazy and annoyed that...
  8. yeah my xbox 360 want read nothing did everything support say in want really close just do not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    yeah my xbox 360 want read nothing did everything support say in want really close just do not ...: am on ever social site really that nothing with solution just said it a894be86-7d7a-48ef-a793-3349d34b46f0
  9. Yeah me too...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yeah me too...: apparently it's an ongoing issue which ther tech guys are working on as we speak . Definately not the kinda service we expect when we pay for it f48a2883-5a41-4370-abfc-edae4d70c63e
  10. Hi, remember how the XBOX is sweeping private subnets? Yeah... still happening.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, remember how the XBOX is sweeping private subnets? Yeah... still happening.: I've tried every avenue to get someone to listen, but Microsoft just does not care about customer security or privacy at all. I've called, I've done only chats (WORTHLESS), I've even tried...