Sold Xbox One without factory reset!

Discus and support Sold Xbox One without factory reset! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sold Xbox one tonight and forgot to do factory reset. It was my 6 year olds and was set up to automatically log him in. It’s attached to my microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KarenPiney, May 11, 2019.

1. KarenPiney
    KarenPiney Guest

Sold Xbox one tonight and forgot to do factory reset.

It was my 6 year olds and was set up to automatically log him in.

It’s attached to my microsoft account and payment card.

His settings require my permission before purchasing anything.

I’ve changed my Microsoft Account password but can’t remove the device from my account. Can’t change payment details as i pay monthly for MS

O365 subscription.

Does anyone think i’m at risk?

Thanking you in advance

xx

:)

KarenPiney, May 11, 2019
  2. zXN1ght FuRyXz Win User

Seems this has already been answered before i got here 🙃
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    KarenPiney
    !

For peace of mind, I would suggest contacting an Xbox Live support agent by following the steps below. The agent would be able to look into your account and make sure that you're account and payment information is protected.

As provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. KarenPiney Win User

Thanks

changed his password now too.

What a dim wit I’ve been.

Wouldn’t guess I’ve worked in IT more than 25 years 😳
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

If yor son was using your account yhen changing the password on your account would be enough if he had his own account and it was a child account under your adult account then you should be able to see his email info at account.microsoft.com/family

If he had his own account that was not part of your family and you know his gamertag you can contact xbox support at support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them the gamertag and if they can verify ownership of the account they can tell you the email associated
    with that gamertag then you cango in and change the password on his account
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

Changing the password from the account should be enough
Thema:

1. Sold Xbox One without factory reset! - Similar Threads - Sold without factory

2. Bundle sold, how can an other person get the games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bundle sold, how can an other person get the games?: Hello, I have an XBOX one X Forza bundle...Both games are activated and now I want to sell the XBOX to an other person. How can I manage that he is able to play the games with an other account?!...
  3. Xbox One Elite Controllers Not Sold In Stores

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Elite Controllers Not Sold In Stores: So I bought an Elite Controller when they first came out and got the 2 year warranty. I've had to use the warranty to get a replacement controller twice due the microphone port going bad,...
  4. input xbox p1 right sold out

in XBoX Accessibility
    input xbox p1 right sold out: First of all, I wish you a good day There are 3 xbox console in our house.My little brother he didn't learn to open the games and my account was tampered with p1 can you reset my rights?...
  5. How to remove an xbox device from my device list after I've sold it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to remove an xbox device from my device list after I've sold it?: Hi all, I've recently sold my xbox one device and I still see it under my devices! I have a family setup with my xbox one x and my kids' xbox one s, I still see the third xbox that I've sold and...
  6. Solde du compte disparue [Missing account balance]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solde du compte disparue [Missing account balance]: bonjour y’a a peut pres 1 semaine jai mis de largent sur mon compte xbox un carte 10euro jai effectue un achat de 7euro donc il me reste 3euro . ce matin je me connect 0€ de solde de credit...
  7. Sold game code to eBay scammer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sold game code to eBay scammer: As the title says, sold a game code on eBay. After redeeming the code, the purchaser issued a chargeback with their credit card company stating the charge was unauthorized. Two other sellers on...
  8. list of xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and are sold retail in xbox one cases

in XBoX Games and Apps
    list of xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and are sold retail in xbox one cases: Does anyone know if there is a list of xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and are sold retail in xbox one cases? f2aad4d5-f784-4f7d-a5f8-5327b918e2c3
  9. sold my old console but neglected to remove my profile...how do i do that now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    sold my old console but neglected to remove my profile...how do i do that now?: sold my old console but neglected to remove my profile...how do i do that now? 75f2a038-ed38-4763-933e-3762e68be64c
  10. xbox one will not be sold without kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one will not be sold without kinect: Rhymes with itch and begins with the letter B... 36a9b4f9-edb3-46bf-a10a-3cec4d7e8f0f