Solid red light on console, solid orange light on power brick

Discus and support Solid red light on console, solid orange light on power brick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; During a thunder storm the other night, my xbox 360 slim, as well as my TV and other devices in the same outlet powered off. My house did not lose... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cloudhauler, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Cloudhauler
    Cloudhauler Guest

During a thunder storm the other night, my xbox 360 slim, as well as my TV and other devices in the same outlet powered off. My house did not lose power, so I believe what happened to be a power surge. Now my when I power on my xbox, I get a solid red light
    and a blank screen. I tried taking out the HDD. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting cords. I tried a different outlet. I read if all that fails, I need a new power brick....but my power brick has a solid orange light. Not red. Not flashing. Help me please.
    Could the power brick still be the problem if it has a solid orange light?

:)

Cloudhauler, Jun 18, 2014
  2. VENOM MDK
    VENOM MDK Guest
    My Xbox 360 Slim turns off after I turn it on.

Darknessx03,

When your Xbox shuts down what color is the light on the power brick? It might be that your power brick needs to be replaced.

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can

Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply
    from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply

VENOM MDK, Jun 18, 2014
  3. sampay174
    sampay174 Guest
    Xbox 360 slim turns on and off by itself, solid orange light on power bar

ok it might be your power strip. the solid orange light on the power brick means that its working.

sampay174, Jun 18, 2014
  4. Solid red light on console, solid orange light on power brick

Hey there Cloudhauler Solid red light on console, solid orange light on power brick :)

I understand where you are coming from with 2 conflicting problems countering each others solutions out. According to

'this guide'
    even if you follow the selection for an orange light on the power supply, it suggests still trying a replacement. My advice would be to try that and hopefully it resolved the issue for you.

Once you have a replacement, if you still have problems then follow through with the steps in the below page under section "There is a solid red light on my console and the screen is blank.
    "

Xbox 360 : Console

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 19, 2014
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Hey there Cloudhauler :)

I understand where you are coming from with 2 conflicting problems countering each others solutions out. According to

'this guide'
    even if you follow the selection for an orange light on the power supply, it suggests still trying a replacement. My advice would be to try that and hopefully it resolved the issue for you.

Once you have a replacement, if you still have problems then follow through with the steps in the below page under section "There is a solid red light on my console and the screen is blank.
    "

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/system/console

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  6. VENOM MDK Win User

My Xbox 360 Slim turns off after I turn it on.

Darknessx03,

When your Xbox shuts down what color is the light on the power brick? It might be that your power brick needs to be replaced.

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can

Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply
    from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply
  7. sampay174 Win User

Xbox 360 slim turns on and off by itself, solid orange light on power bar

ok it might be your power strip. the solid orange light on the power brick means that its working.
  8. HassanB Win User

AC converter issue?

Yes, I understand that, that means that there is an issue with the power supply and it needs to be replaced.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced.
  9. DrifterX22 Win User

XBOX 360 MAKES A BEEP AND THE POWER BRICK TURNS RED

Check the light on your power supply

Xbox 360 No Power Solution

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply
    warranty is the same as your console warranty).
Thema:

1. Solid red light on console, solid orange light on power brick - Similar Threads - Solid red light

2. My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on: My Xbox 360 has a solid red light and won't turn on. I've tried two different power cords. Is there anything I can do or is it just done? e729edd1-abc6-4479-87d3-2abb91e7b1e1
  3. Xbox 360 live update resulted in solid red light?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 live update resulted in solid red light?: Hello. I tried to update the Live portion on my 360. It would not update, so according to the suggestions on the Microsoft support site, I downloaded the update onto a new Jump drive, inserted the...
  4. Solid red power light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red power light: hi could you help. my console power light starts with green then turn to solid red I disconnected all wires and let it be there for 1 week. When i restart it, the same issue many thanks...
  5. XBox 360E Solid red light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360E Solid red light on power button: Hello, As soon as i turn my xbox on, the power button turns from green to red. I have no hard disk and i have removed all cables, still I see this issue. Any suggestions on the fix please?...
  6. Solid red light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on power button: I have a problem with a solid red power button on my Xbox 360 slim console and I already replaced my powersupply unit but still a red power button what can be the problem and what can I do, please...
  7. Solid red light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light: what to do? Solid red light after about 30 seconds of green 05f82514-2493-4393-b5ec-110aa340bfc4
  8. Xbox 360 E solid red light, loud fan, no video to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E solid red light, loud fan, no video to tv: Hi guys, My Xbox has suddenly started showing a solid red light. When I turn it on, the light is green, the fan is LOUD (nothing covering the vents), and there is no feed to the tv. Then the...
  9. Solid Red light on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid Red light on xbox 360: Today my xbox360 has a solid red light on the button. was working ok yesterday and now this. i can turn it off and back on again and get a green light. when i eject the disc tray it goes solid red...
  10. xbox 360 system won't start up. get 4 solid red lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 system won't start up. get 4 solid red lights: When I turn on my xbox 360 I get a high fan sound like a motor running real fast. Then I get 4 solid red lights. nothing comes up on the TV . 8f8f5000-b819-4f7c-a272-02831177b62b