Solution to "Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller"

Discus and support Solution to "Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Problem The left analog stick on the Xbox Elite Controller series 2 does not register that the stick is fully pushed forward when moved quickly.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MaxCreatesCode, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Solution to "Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller"

The Problem
    The left analog stick on the Xbox Elite Controller series 2 does not register that the stick is fully pushed forward when moved quickly. This results in the inability to sprint in games. This impacts controllers on both Xbox consoles & PCs.

Reproducible Symptoms

Effected controllers frequently output wildly incorrect values along "Axis 0" in the positive direction when moved quickly. This is obvious when observed through any tool that can read this value from the controller, such as the web-based: https://gamepad-tester.com/ (note: accurate sensors rarely read exactly 0 at neutral & a wide oval pattern of values is by design)
    Simply "flick the stick" upwards (as you would during normal gameplay) several times - most of the values read will be incorrect & very low along one axis if you are experiencing this specific issue.

The Solution

This is the result of a physically stuck sensor within the joystick's analog sensor module. To fix this rotate the fully-extended stick while repeatedly clicking on it as you rotate. ie. while moving the stick from the far-left position to the very bottom position you are going to depress the stick as you would to activate the button & repeat this for all angles.

At this point, you should be able to re-visit the testing tool & see that it reads close to the full 1.00 (100%) value every time.

...may seem like a software bug & it can even be remediated through the Xbox or Xbox Accessories app by adjusting the "sensitivity curve" or "deadzone" threshold but this simple solution is better since it alleviates the problem entirely.

ps. This relates to several highly upvoted (but now locked) threads across various Gaming and Xbox categories & I did not intend to break any community guidelines by posting this. Feel free to request the necessary role on my behalf if you'd like me to add to these locked threads.

:)

MaxCreatesCode, Sep 10, 2022
  2. BlueHadden Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues

There is a little spring like deal under the joy stick that can get worked with until it no longer works properly. From what i have researched i have not persomally pulled one apart to see exactly for myself on a regular controller
  3. yatesss Win User

I have the same issue. Any fix?
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. If you'd like to set up a repair of the controller you can do that at https://devicesupport.microsoft.com. Please be sure to register it first with your console using the S/N in the battery case.

Once set up and you have received your shipping label via email you can pack up the controller. Please be sure to send only the base controller and nothing else as Xbox does not guarantee that extra items such as thumbsticks or triggers will be returned.

However, if you'd like to try it I've seen others who have used a q-tip with a little bit of rubbing alcohol have success in fixing the drift. Just put a small amount on the tip of the swab and gentle rub it around the base of the stick. Let dry and repeat
    3 times.
  5. Aszension Win User

Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller

Did you ever get this fixed? This is my exact issue!!
  6. MYST CosMiiCYT Win User

Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller

Para todos los problemas que tienen estos Elite 2, deben tener al menos un año de garantía imo. ¡Esperemos que haya una solución para nosotros! Es extraño que estuvo bien y ahora esto ha comenzado.

En cuanto a los juegos, está en todo, desde Modern Warfare hasta Doom Eternal hasta Final Fantasy 13. Incluso navegando por menús como la pantalla de inicio / tablero de mandos One, ni siquiera registrará la mayor parte del tiempo que incluso mueves
    el stick.
Thema:

Solution to "Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller"

1. Solution to "Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller" - Similar Threads - Solution Left stick

2. In Games I can't press shift and space at same time :( (any solution?)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In Games I can't press shift and space at same time :( (any solution?): In Games i cant press shift and space at same time i can press it seprately but cant press together For example: If I wana crouch in minecraft i will press shift and if i also wana jump i will...
  3. Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working: Hi, I have been running into this error for two nights now. Yesterday, and today as well, I tried the solution that was posted here:...
  4. Xbox lfg bot solution

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox lfg bot solution: Ok so I've noticed lately alot of bots on Xbox group post now my first thought was to just limit how many group posts ppl can join or create an anti cheat/anti script but lfg is only on over...
  5. I’ve been harassed for weeks and i can't find a solution

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’ve been harassed for weeks and i can't find a solution: I've been harassed for weeks by 3 players, i made several clips showing them focusing and tbaging me. There is no possibility, on Xbox support page or Xbox enforcement page, for me to sens those...
  6. I own a game that won't work, have been trying every solution for the past couple of months.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own a game that won't work, have been trying every solution for the past couple of months.: Hello, I've played minecraft for a long time on mobile devices and on my xbox 360, a few years ago I bought a PC which I've used to play minecraft java edition. All of my friends played on xbox,...
  7. Can anyone see a solution to my Minecraft problem? Skip to 2:00 on the video

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone see a solution to my Minecraft problem? Skip to 2:00 on the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itGh_ZrzGV4 If anyone has any sort of bypass to help me get into my account please let me know 945d5ee1-3218-42c2-94ba-6aa1b6cf7112
  8. Real solutions to slander?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Real solutions to slander?: Here's the deal, so I'm apparently the subject of the smear campaign of someone with alot of smurfs, who's doing a bunch of damage to my gamertag via my actual reputation. I blocked him, but he...
  9. Minecraft for Windows sign in issue, Please help haven't been able to find a solution for a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows sign in issue, Please help haven't been able to find a solution for a...: So my account has game pass ultimate and it's signed into both the microsoft store and the xbox app but when I launch minecraft (specifically Minecraft for Windows) my account wont be signed in....
  10. Elite Series 2 left analog stick issue solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 left analog stick issue solution: I've been experiencing many issues with my elite series 2 controller, particularly with the left analog stick not registering or being delayed when its pressed all the way up or down. It appears...