SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009

Discus and support SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok after months of having to deal with uncompressed stereo sound coming from my xbox one S, I couldn't select any other option besides "uncompressed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheTasteOfInk05, Apr 15, 2019.

1. SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009

Ok after months of having to deal with uncompressed stereo sound coming from my xbox one S, I couldn't select any other option besides "uncompressed stereo" without getting an error saying my receiver couldnt do it. Finally after searching countless forums
    with no particular answer I finally got it. In my particular case, using the Sony STR-DH770. Go to [Amp Menu]-->[HDMI]-->[HDMI Audio Out]-->AMP. I had the option of AMP+TV and this was causing the problem. I didnt change any settings in the xbox itself, but
    my current settings on the xbox were, Display 4k UHD, everything my tv would allow me to check in "Video Modes", and "Video fidelity & overscan" was set to "Auto-detect.(recommended)". Anyway I hope this helps anybody who has this same problem out.

:)

TheTasteOfInk05, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Mister Cerb Win User

Audio Receiver Error - 0x80bd0009

Right on Davee! I'm stoked to hear you got things sorted! Game on!

And give a shout if you run into any other questions or issues. ^_^
  3. haroldnmadge Win User

I figured that out mate. Manually choose display type as HDMI instead of auto detect (on the left of where the sound is). That opens the surround audio options up. Surround takes out the speech for me though in my receiver, so I think I need to wait for
    the dolby patch.
  4. V1K1NG JAK3 Win User

WOO HOO I GOT MINE WORKING!!!! thanks haroldnmadge!!!
  5. Davee Cee Win User

Fixed. Changed the HDMI cable and now have DTS. Mint!
  6. Dallium Win User

XBox one can only control Sony KDL46EX523 sometimes

PEBCAC error

If your XBox is controlling an audio receiver, your XBox won't send audio commands to your TV, it'll try to send them to your receiver. If you remove your receiver from "Device Control", everything will magically start working.
Thema:

SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009

1. SOLVED: Check your audio receiver, Audio error 0x80bd0009 - Similar Threads - SOLVED Check audio

2. SOLVED - XBox One games publishing, development and console purchase in Malaysia.

in XBoX on Windows
    SOLVED - XBox One games publishing, development and console purchase in Malaysia.: Hi, I noticed there are many similar questions about Xbox One in Malaysia accumulating until now. Therefore, I am going to share this extracted information as reference from Microsoft Xbox One...
  3. nat dupla como resolver *Mod Translation: Nat double How to solve)

in XBoX on Mobile
    nat dupla como resolver *Mod Translation: Nat double How to solve): foi trocado o roteador e apareceu na minha rede no xbox one a nat dupla e e´ por isso que não consigo jogar na live.Como resolver este poblema *Mod Translation* was switched the router and...
  4. We had this error code and solved the problem (0x800704cf)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We had this error code and solved the problem (0x800704cf): We had this error code and the message said we needed to be connected to internet. However, when we checked our connection everything seemed fine. My youngest son walked in, said "I know how to...
  5. how can i contact microsoft to solve a problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i contact microsoft to solve a problem?: i already wrote the question in the title.... e0f8b60e-c8cc-4c2f-94d0-b1a38cf2ae8c
  6. [[SOLVED]] Charging me 1 month of gold ,2 months into my 3 month subscription, why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    [[SOLVED]] Charging me 1 month of gold ,2 months into my 3 month subscription, why?: I have had my Xbox from December 23 2018 and on that day i redeemed a 3 month Xbox live gold subscription and today 2 months in to it i get a message from Xbox live saying my they have had to...
  7. how to solve error 8c15009

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to solve error 8c15009: how to resolve error 8c15009, have already installed updates and have not resolved 93378237-cf38-4555-a553-01c5b404c96a
  8. How I [SOLVED] my issue of "Xbox 360 wired controller shows up as 'Unknown device' in...

in XBoX on Windows
    How I [SOLVED] my issue of "Xbox 360 wired controller shows up as 'Unknown device' in...: Hello! 3 Months ago i posted about an issue with my Xbox 360 wired controller, I have solved it since then, Why i am even writing about it now is because the user Teresa194 asked me how i solved...
  9. How Do I Actually Reach a Person Who Can Solve My Support Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Actually Reach a Person Who Can Solve My Support Problem: I'm not sure it's possible to build a worse support portal then the 1 I've been stuck in trying to get Support for my kids X-Box. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to post a question about...
  10. Ongoing issues since whatever happened last Wednesday (streaming mostly) <SOLVED>

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ongoing issues since whatever happened last Wednesday (streaming mostly) <SOLVED>: So, since whatever update Microsoft attempted to do last Wednesday (Jan 30) that made alot of people's XBOX's have a black screen, mine included, I've been having some ongoing connectivity issues...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80bd0009 audio