[SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt

Discus and support [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to change my Gamertag but it says "Name already taken" I looked up if someone already got the name but no one has the name. Ich hab versucht... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fredwuz, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Fredwuz
    Fredwuz Guest

[SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt

I tried to change my Gamertag but it says "Name already taken" I looked up if someone already got the name but no one has the name.

Ich hab versucht meinen Gamertag zu ändern aber dort steht nur, dass der Name schon vergeben ist aber wenn ich nach dem Namen suche gibt es kein Ergebniss.

Edit: First of all thanks to everyone who wrote me. But there is another weird thing because I tried with a friend to change his account name to the name I wanted and there it shows that the name is available.

Edit2: Thanks to everyone who helped me i tried it now and it worked I don't know why it worked but it did.

:)

Fredwuz, Oct 21, 2019
  2. TomuO2 Win User

Insiste ou change de gamertag
  3. Gimpy_P Win User

To add to what was said, the earliest it might possibly become available is 2021 something, but there are a lot of variables with that.
  4. Smwutches Win User

If the system says a tag is taken, then it's in use somewhere on Microsoft's servers. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services so even if it's not in use on an Xbox, then it could be in use elsewhere. The system also doesn't see things like spaces
    as making a gamertag unique. So while you might look up "gamertag" and it doesn't show, it may be in use as "gamer tag".

There has recently been an update that would allow you to get a gamertag even if it is already in use https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

I'm not sure if it's live globally, but http://Social.xbox.com allows you to choose a gamertag you want (with a numeric code at the end). This is the same system discord uses if you
    are familiar with that app.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Another thing to add to what the others have said is that with the GT system Spaces and capitalization only count when someone is searching for the GT. I will give you an example using the GT you are using of Fredwuz

The system would see ALL of the following variations of that GT as being the same and would give you the error or name already taken

FREDWUZ

fredwuz

F r E d W u Z

fReDwUz

The ONLY time that you would find it when searching to see if someone is already using the GT is if you type it in EXACTLY as the person that has the GT typed it in when setting it up so for example

When originally setting up your GT you typed it in as you have it on your post of Fredwuz

and I go in and do a search for your GT but I type in the search fredwuz its going to come back as not found because the system does not see Captialization.

Now like others have said that MS has implemented a new system that will allow you to get GTs that have previously been used but they would just add a number of some sort at the end of it.

Also if the account that is attached to the GT is not used in I believe they changed it to 2 years then MS will go in and close the account and free up the GT. But keep in mind that just because the account may show inactive on Xboxes
    side does not mean the account is not being used somewhere else for MS
Thema:

1. [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt - Similar Threads - SOLVED Gamertag taken

2. Unable to join multiplayer matches on Xbox 360 - Problem solved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to join multiplayer matches on Xbox 360 - Problem solved: I tried to use my Xbox 360 for old time's sake and I found that I was unable to join any multiplayer matches even though my connection was good, and my Nat was Open. It did say Service Alert the...
  3. Can your Virtual Reality Software help solve our problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can your Virtual Reality Software help solve our problem.: As the President of the Boxing Association in Barbados. We struggle to get good competition for our Elite Boxers this is due to: 1. Not enough athlete 2. We don't have the budget to send our...
  4. Finally solved!! Your content blocks (Games list) disappear from your xbox one (offline).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Finally solved!! Your content blocks (Games list) disappear from your xbox one (offline).: Hello, Do Not reset your xbox one!! both options will erase your local xbox one saves! press the XBOX power button it will highlight "home" you'll see two options to the right choose,...
  5. cant play anything but halo reach in halo mastercheif collection, please help (not solved)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant play anything but halo reach in halo mastercheif collection, please help (not solved): i prolly became famous this last week because of the amount of questions i asked. anyway, i just completed halo reach in halo the mastercheif collection but i can play the others, i finished all...
  6. Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatibility glitch SOLVED!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatibility glitch SOLVED!: to all of those including myself who were frustrated by the error The storage device containing the active gamer profile has been disconnected. To save your earned achievements, reconnect the...
  7. halo masterchief collection isnt working on pc, help (kinda solved )

in XBoX on Windows
    halo masterchief collection isnt working on pc, help (kinda solved ): so i downloaded the game yesterday with the game pass, i tried starting it via xbox beta but it wouldnt respond to me clicking play in any way, tried searching for the app on my device and it...
  8. 4K making TV unable to see Xbox One X (solved)

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K making TV unable to see Xbox One X (solved): My Xbox is set to 4k but my TV is having trouble getting the signal. My Xbox is on but my TV wont display the input. I need a set of pictures of the Xbox one X GUI so that I can click through the...
  9. How Can I solve this problem .

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How Can I solve this problem .: When I want to use my phone number to purchase the store show me this message We're having trouble processing your payment and we'd like to get it sorted out. What is this I think this problem...
  10. Help please solve the problem with gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help please solve the problem with gamertag: For the sake of account security, I changed the account login and after that I inadvertently changed the gamertag to another one and now when I start the games I get an error. "Try again later....